Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineihavefingers
Stranger

anyone play guitar
    #1437556 - 04/07/03 08:59 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

i was reading the trip toy posts and one night i ate a few grams of the shroomies and i played my guitar the whole time because i was by myself. if you play full chords and shit it's absolutely wonderful... especially with headphones on because it sounds like it's playing right in your mindskull... i humped it a lot and kissed it throughout the night just because it was so wonderful... i think at one point in time i even said "if you were a beautiful woman... i'd fuck you right now."

anyone know what i'm talking about?

musical instruments are the shit when you're twisted...
whether you can play them well or not.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineaeonblue
OrganicSpiral

Loc: northeast us
Re: anyone play guitar [Re: ihavefingers]
    #1437754 - 04/07/03 10:00 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Sometimes I can get into guitar while I am "enlightened" but a lot of the time my mind is way to busy to direct my hands. I would never be able to play for people while tripping.

--------------------
The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.

Paul Valery

www.dailygrail.com

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

#1437814 - 04/07/03 10:33 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

I know what you mean. I've zoned out while playing music on mushrooms and had a few hours pass by and I didn't even realize it. Sometimes I can even do that when I'm sober if I'm really feeling what I'm playing. I think the world would be a better place if everyone played a musical instrument of some kind or another.  :grin:     

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1437829 - 04/07/03 10:38 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

I love just getting into the zone and improvising nonstop on my guitar, whether I'm tripping, stoned, or sober.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineFun
Person
Re: anyone play guitar [Re: silversoul7]
    #1437986 - 04/07/03 11:38 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

As an aspiring professional musician with guitar being my principle instrument, I should have no problem jamming with the fungus in my veins. But while jamming with a good friend (bassist) and a drummer I just met that night I couldn't exactly figure out how to play my instrument mostly because of my lack of confidence. This drummer obviously knew his shit, and even though we were all tripping. I ate the most at 2.5 grams an hour before the jam (they ate them just as we started). I highly HIGHLY *HIGHLY* reccomend you check out Herbie Hancock's Man-Child. Specifically tracks 1 & 4(?) "Hang Up Your Hangups" and "The Traitor".

Herbie tripped with his instrument.

Steve

OfflineFun
Person
Re: anyone play guitar [Re: Fun]
    #1438046 - 04/08/03 12:03 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

doh, what I meant to hit was the fact that I felt like a child in their presence. My friend's bass, and this dude's drums were so tight, I couldn't break through to the groove.

I hate feeling like a child in a negative way.

Steve

Offlinetrev
comming out of retirement
 User Gallery

Loc: Aussie
Re: anyone play guitar [Re: Fun]
    #1438411 - 04/08/03 05:06 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Yes I have had many experiences on different substances
and when you can get a few good trippers together amazing things happen.
DOORS are an example of this. But when jamming as above you need confidence to really make it click

Quote;
the world would be a better place if everyone played a musical instrument of some kind or another

--------------------

Anonymous #14
[quote]There are billions of people on this planet. The world does not revolve around the united states, moron. I hope terrorists crash their collective cocks into your asshole. [/quote]

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1438509 - 04/08/03 06:31 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

my spanish guitar is permanently tuned down to DADDAD...
got a beater folk & an electric univox standard tuned...
son has a couple electrics & a 7-string (& my amps, ok...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
Re: anyone play guitar [Re: gnrm23]
    #1439677 - 04/08/03 02:25 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

man you aint kiddin there aint nothin better than playing when tripping. The way I see it shrooms just take you straight to the zone. You know what I mean? when Im uasully playing I will play sometimes for hours before I hit the zone ( YOU know where everything just comes out perfect studio-like)
I think you can really tap your talents while trippin. One time my friend and I were shroomin with his guitar and a red light and pink floyd(money) and not knowing any Floyd he started playing LEAD right along!!
Any who it was bad-ass

P.S. I have a zoom multi effects processor Flanger,chorus,distortions,phaser etc. man it was only 90$ and its pretty good quality effects.

------------------

I copied and pasted this from my response in a three year old post :crazy:
Dude playing music/all art is soooo amazing on psychedelics!
keep jammin.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
Re: anyone play guitar [Re: gnrm23]
    #1439709 - 04/08/03 02:29 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

tune to DADDAD and you can melody on 1, harmony on 2, drone on the lower 4, harmonics, lotta stuff, & open strum sounds ok, check it out...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

:laugh: somethings never change..
I actually did that on a 12 string and the octaves where mind blowing 

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: anyone play guitar [Re: shaggy101]
    #1440231 - 04/08/03 05:57 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

I've played my classical trippin, and it seemed that i could think so much faster about where i wanted my hands to go. instead of having to wait til the chord comes, I already had a plan like 3 chords ahead and my hands went straight to the next one, with such ease.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1440529 - 04/08/03 07:32 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

i humped it a lot and kissed it throughout the night just because it was so wonderful

LOL .... "and then I stroked the neck for a while and gently twisted the tuning pegs, it responded with a deep moaning resonance in the A chord. I knew then it was ready to jam..."

Offlineshrooman
journeyman
Re: anyone play guitar [Re: chodamunky]
    #1460631 - 04/15/03 02:16 PM (21 years, 7 days ago)

stop touching his NUTS, and stop PICKING on him..

muaha

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: anyone play guitar [Re: shrooman]
    #1461289 - 04/15/03 05:37 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

THANKS for bringing this up.... I just recently got an RP200 and when I trip on Saturday I'm going to JAM. I heard Trey Anastasio in Phish plays while on shrooms.... and he's awesome.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflineBillowz
Fellow Shaman
Re: anyone play guitar [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1462067 - 04/15/03 09:30 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Ummm...I've been playing guitar for about 6 years, which is probably nothing to you guys. I'm pretty good though for how long I've been playing I can play most Jimi some Van Halen and pretty much any other song.

While tripping however, I could not even pluck a string...for me it's not the right mindset. Like I want to play, oh how I long to play, but I just can't, I like forget how or something.

Weird.

Offlinelimestone
Stranger
Re: anyone play guitar [Re: Billowz]
    #1480270 - 04/21/03 08:22 PM (21 years, 18 hours ago)

While stoned I find it almost impossible to play guitar, but on mushrooms there are times when I can play like a god. Really original complex stuff.

I also heard Trey has used mushrooms for musical inspiration... I just got my tickets to "It", a 2 day concert in Maine this August, I'm psyched.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder