Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisible1a4
wonderful
Male

Morning Glory Heavenly Blue - Cold water extraction vs just straight eating them?
    #14376439 - 04/30/11 08:14 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Are eating the MGHB seeds a lot more efficient then doing the cold water extraction or the naptha/iso extraction method?

How would a 400 seed cwe trip compare to just eating the crushed seeds with something acidic?

Does it matter if i mix the crushed seeds with apple sauce or yogurt?
or maybe a peanut butter sandwich?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSuburbanShaman
Possibly stoned?
Male

Re: Morning Glory Heavenly Blue - Cold water extraction vs just straight eating them? [Re: 1a4]
    #14376491 - 04/30/11 08:34 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well, from my own personal experience, I have found soaking the ground[coffee grinder] seed in 2-3 oz of strong alcohol +80proof very effective. Every time I have just eaten them strait up I get nauseous and leg cramps. I guess there is a compound in the seed shell that causes this, that is not soluble in alcohol,It helps deter birds and such. Always use organic, untreated seeds too, the mass companies put all sorts of nasty bio-warfare chemicals on there seeds...Also imo less than 400 seeds is just threshold for me, I get some pretty OEV's but not much else. I like around 600 seeds for a trip comparable to 2 hits of decent liquid LSD.
I grind my seeds fresh the morning of my planned trip, let them soak all day till night time, then strain off the seed mush and down the alcohol. Also the alcohol allows faster absorption and I start to feel them at around 5-10min, compared to 45 eating them.
Anyway just my 2cents hope it helps...

Happy Flying!

--------------------
-insert witty, philosophical, psychotropic or clever quote here-

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
Re: Morning Glory Heavenly Blue - Cold water extraction vs just straight eating them? [Re: SuburbanShaman]
    #14376559 - 04/30/11 09:02 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

but doesnt that turn out to be allot of alcohol? how much alcohol do you use for 600 seeds?

Offlinebholzer
quasi-scientist

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Morning Glory Heavenly Blue - Cold water extraction vs just straight eating them? [Re: SuburbanShaman]
    #14376568 - 04/30/11 09:03 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I've done both multiple times, and I've always been dissapointed with a CWE. I still get nausea and it tastes awful.

My suggestion is to just eat them with applesauce (that much peanut butter can be a bit heavy) and follow it with a little bit of ginger. Every time I follow eating them with ginger, the nausea is almost nonexistent.

--------------------

Use these substances wisely, they have the ability to cause life altering realizations.

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: Morning Glory Heavenly Blue - Cold water extraction vs just straight eating them? [Re: bholzer]
    #14376641 - 04/30/11 09:27 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but first to get the best experience imo, you need immature seeds. They need to be picked right when they are about full size but still white. This seems to consistently produce the most LSD-like effects. I have tripped off of the immature seeds after they start turning green and this seems to be a lot edgier. I don't know something just feels like its not quite right. I had a large sample of these and a friend and I partook of them quite a few times. Each time was the same with that. Its not that the fully grown black seeds are bad. I've eaten them more times than I can count.

Liquid vs eating them? Liquid not even close. Do you like eating dirt? Taking enough of the mature ones to write home about = at least 350-500 seeds. Half that if they are immature. Part of this is because the plant matter shrivels down so much at this stage. From many many bioassay sessions, I'd guess that the ratio of alkaloids:plant matter is higher on the alkaloid end at this point. Also being that we are talking about a cocktail of lysergic acid like compounds, it seems like the alkaloid profile is different at this point.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

OfflineCynosure
allow me to be your guide.
 User Gallery

Re: Morning Glory Heavenly Blue - Cold water extraction vs just straight eating them? [Re: bholzer]
    #14376652 - 04/30/11 09:30 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'm the opposite of bholzer.

I always prefer a CWE.  I don't use the CWE to get rid of the nausea--although it does reduce it--(as I always expect to puke when ingesting LSA) but rather to reduce/eliminate some of the other effects (such as the awful headache, eye pain, and extreme vasoconstriction I get from eating them straight).

Trying to puke up solid seed matter that has soaked up the liquids in your tummy is very difficult.  Purging on a CWE is fairly quick and easy.  And once you've puked up the CWE the nausea goes away and you start tripping; this isn't the case when I eat the seeds, the nausea sticks around for most of the journey.

Also, the trip has always been strong enough.  I tend to used around 500 seeds.

--------------------
"You can peel it [language] off the ceiling and make it dance in front of you" - McKenna

<3 .

Invisible1a4
wonderful
Male

Re: Morning Glory Heavenly Blue - Cold water extraction vs just straight eating them? [Re: 1a4]
    #14378451 - 04/30/11 04:05 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i had 350 seed cwe exp last night. lasted roughly 7-8 hours but was very mild. Had a little OEV, some pretty colors, similar to LSD, but my head was clear. I wasn't tripping mentally like I normally do on good dosage of shrooms, and as far as euphoria, it wasnt as intense as LSD can be, but it did just feel good because I was tripping and the open eye visuals on textures just makes me feel happpy :awecid:

I'll give the apple sauce/yogurt method a try next week w/ 350 seeds aswell and try to compare them to the cold water extraction. Mind you my method of soaking them for 90 minutes in cold water and orange juice left me with no nauseua/desire to puke. Hopefully eating 350 seeds is the same, but I have my doubts..

Also I should mention that the trip took a while to really pick up. It sort of got interesting after I smoked some herb 2/3 hours into the trip. All the visuals became apparent. I don't know if Ill be having any herb, next week. Depending on how the trip feels I hope I wont have to.

Edited by 1a4 (04/30/11 04:09 PM)

Offlinelsatrap
Mush maker
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E USA
    #14378464 - 04/30/11 04:10 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I've done lots of tex and for me nothing compares to eating them. I love lsa

--------------------
At this moment you should be with us, feeling like we do.

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery

#14378489 - 04/30/11 04:17 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Grow some. Pick them immature like I said. I got the idea from something I read on Erowid years ago about the indigenous folks doing it. Don't knock it til you try it. They are small enough at this point that you can honestly grind them up and parachute them. I probably maxed out around 1,500 seeds(black mature ones) when I was younger. Honestly the immature seeds produce a better experience with less. Also the onset is different. Shorter without the lethargy. Generally start smaller, figure out strength and if you respond in a negative fashion to it (can cause an extreme peripheral vasoconstriction in some people) then, unless you don't like tripping that hard, start out at 500 and work your way up. With the little guys, if they have been freshly dried, about 300 does what 500 + do.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Invisible1a4
wonderful
Male

Re: Morning Glory Heavenly Blue - Cold water extraction vs just straight eating them? [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #14378551 - 04/30/11 04:35 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

`how difficult are they to grow? and how much area would I need?

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery

#14380283 - 04/30/11 11:37 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Its considered a weed in a lot of places. I'd start them in cups and then move them outside. They sometimes get eaten by sowbugs(rollie pollies) After they get a few leaves on them they are pretty solid. Just be sure to pick all of the seeds unless you want a bunch. You could easily grow them guerilla style if you needed to. Generally want to train them to a fence or something. I used an extra large tomato style cage once and plant something like 4-6 in there. Generally a healthy plant can cover a bit of area. You can always train them to themselves to manage space. The potential size has a lot to do with your climate.

--------------------
-Stephen Hawking

Offlinelsatrap
Mush maker
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E USA
    #14381537 - 05/01/11 07:16 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

1a4 said:
i had 350 seed cwe exp last night. lasted roughly 7-8 hours but was very mild. Had a little OEV, some pretty colors, similar to LSD, but my head was clear. I wasn't tripping mentally like I normally do on good dosage of shrooms, and as far as euphoria, it wasnt as intense as LSD can be, but it did just feel good because I was tripping and the open eye visuals on textures just makes me feel happpy :awecid:

I'll give the apple sauce/yogurt method a try next week w/ 350 seeds aswell and try to compare them to the cold water extraction. Mind you my method of soaking them for 90 minutes in cold water and orange juice left me with no nauseua/desire to puke. Hopefully eating 350 seeds is the same, but I have my doubts..

Also I should mention that the trip took a while to really pick up. It sort of got interesting after I smoked some herb 2/3 hours into the trip. All the visuals became apparent. I don't know if Ill be having any herb, next week. Depending on how the trip feels I hope I wont have to.

I won't do them without weed. Weed adds so much to the visual aspect.

--------------------
At this moment you should be with us, feeling like we do.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies