Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OnlineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Pigs Attack California Anti-War Protesters
    #1437788 - 04/08/03 12:25 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

Here's a source .

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: Park Avenue Playground - The Trip

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Pigs Attack California Anti-War Protesters [Re: Learyfan]
    #1437806 - 04/08/03 12:31 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

Police were trying to clear protesters from an entrance to the docks

Don't block entrances, don't obstruct traffic, don't vandalise, its breaking the law. Don't bitch anymore.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Pigs Attack California Anti-War Protesters [Re: TackleBerry]
    #1437813 - 04/08/03 12:33 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

Exactly. Break the law and expect to be punished whether you view it (the law) as unjust or not.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous

#1437823 - 04/08/03 12:36 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

you don't think that leaving a golf-ball sized welt on a young woman's face was over-reacting a bit?

we have courts for punishment. cops are there to arrest people, not punish them. police brutality is not a form of prosecution. they overstepped their bounds and used unecessary force.

if protestors were breaking the law, they should have been arrested and charged, not beaten mercilessly.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: Pigs Attack California Anti-War Protesters [Re: ]
    #1437838 - 04/08/03 12:42 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

Break the law and expect to be punished whether you view it (the law) as unjust or not

breaking the law? you mean like eating magic mushrooms, smoking weed etc? Yeah they deserve what's coming. beat them til they learn

the amount of ignorance here is just appalling.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1437843 - 04/08/03 12:43 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

It is true that the cops may have gone overboard. The real question how long did they give the crowd to disperse after they were ordered to?
You can't really go and arrest 500 people. If they are refusing to cooperate then appropriate action must be taken to allow the dock to be cleared.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: Pigs Attack California Anti-War Protesters [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1437848 - 04/08/03 12:46 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

They were blocking a dock. They were harming the livelyhood of others. I think the cops may have gone a little overboard, but that does not change the fact that these people were harming others and messing with a legitimate business.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Re: Pigs Attack California Anti-War Protesters [Re: z@z.com]
    #1437849 - 04/08/03 12:46 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

who were they harming exactly?

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1437853 - 04/08/03 12:47 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

The people who own businesses dependent on loading and unloading the boats.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1437854 - 04/08/03 12:48 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

So when a mob gets out of hand police should just issue citations?

Look I got my ass kicked by two cops once, but I was in the wrong and knew it. I forced my opinion but my actions are what got my ass kicked.

Im sure what happened is the mob of protestors got out of hand and the police did what they thought was necessary. Just as the protestors thought they were doing was necessary.

Also, protestors love this kind of stuff and use it as propaganda. Some are so radical that they invoke this upon themselves just to get it publicized.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#1437865 - 04/08/03 12:52 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

The people who own businesses dependent on loading and unloading the boats.

OK fine, protesters shouldn't interfere with people going about their business but it seemed like the dock workers weren't too pleased about this either, in fact, some of THEM were shot by the cops.

It just seems like the cops lost control, panicked and started shooting indiscrimitely into a crowd of people. There was a picture of a guy who was shot twice in the back.

Cops make mistakes. not that I expect them to ever admit it...

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#1437868 - 04/08/03 12:54 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

Also, protestors love this kind of stuff and use it as propaganda. Some are so radical that they invoke this upon themselves just to get it publicized.

yeah and the cops are stupid enough to always acommodate them. they're being played like everyone else.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1437869 - 04/08/03 12:54 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

Yes cops do make mistakes. This may have been one of them, but that does not excuse the behavior of the protestors. I think they should have the right to protest, but they don't have the right to block things. That is just wrong. If they break the law I don't think they have the right to complain (I'm not trying to justify the actions of the cops here btw).

--------------------

Anonymous

#1437870 - 04/08/03 12:54 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

Civilian casualties? Nothings perfect infedel.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#1437883 - 04/08/03 01:00 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

the protestors aren't on trial here. Fine, so they're a bunch of dumb kids who broke the law so what? I would personally never go to an anti-war protest because I believe in supporting the troops and I have better things to do with my time.

I was just scrutinizing the behavior of the COPS which is the real issue here, not the protestors.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1437886 - 04/08/03 01:01 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

Well then I'll have to agree that the cops were in all likelyhood in the wrong here.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1437890 - 04/08/03 01:02 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

they were obstructing the operation of a business.

but the cops certainly didn't need to go in and do what they did.

they should have individually arrested people, using force when necessary to defend themselves against force or make arrests. i mean, if you strike out at an officer or resist arrest, than yes, you're going to get what's coming to you. i'm sure the cops were a little more liberal with their application of force than they should have been. i'm sure they get a kick out of beating commie pinko fag doper hippie anti-american protestors.

Anonymous

#1437896 - 04/08/03 01:04 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

the protestors aren't on trial here. Fine, so they're a bunch of dumb kids who broke the law so what? I would personally never go to an anti-war protest because I believe in supporting the troops and I have better things to do with my time.

I was just scrutinizing the behavior of the COPS which is the real issue here, not the protestors.

They broke the law so "so what"? We got a genius on our hands here folks.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#1437912 - 04/08/03 01:08 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

just one question:

do you use drugs?

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1437923 - 04/08/03 01:13 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

Why are people still protesting the war???

Like wer'e gonna back out now just because there are protesters? This has to stop.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion