Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: Longest lived human being? [Re: ahchela]
    #14448491 - 05/13/11 10:33 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

just because your consciousness is centered in power and economic gain doesn't mean theirs is.  you know, there are actually such things are really chill as fuck people out there

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBiffzilla
Emperor of Bongolia

Re: Longest lived human being? [Re: g00ru]
    #14450325 - 05/14/11 09:55 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

its amazing that that could comes from INDIA... mmm? where all the other weird ass human anomalies also come from, a country of people who believe weird shit with no evidence wholeheartedly - it woulda been amazing if he came from oh, say, Russia, but nooo, INDIA!
TYPICAL

religious BS is their bred and butter

--------------------
===================================================================
- Show me the honey -

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Re: Longest lived human being? [Re: Biffzilla]
    #14450369 - 05/14/11 10:09 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

actually more like yoga is their bread and butter, which is so legit it's fucking scary. 

the climb out of one's own asshole is slow and painful, but highly necessary if things are to be seen clearly. people in india have aspects of life figured out that the average american simply is not privy to.

--------------------
check out my music!

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #14451278 - 05/14/11 01:09 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Like pissing and shitting and bathing and washing and disposing of the dead all in the same 'holy' river?

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Longest lived human being? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #14451554 - 05/14/11 02:06 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Like pissing and shitting and bathing and washing and disposing of the dead all in the same 'holy' river?

:thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

#14451925 - 05/14/11 03:27 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

oh yeah i forgot, an entire culture can be invalidated cause they do stupid shit along with their smart shit.

there's so much wisdom that's come out of india, it's absurd.  if you aren't willing to look into it i don't know what to tell you.  Until the mid 20th century, the west was totally unaware of yoga and its benefits.  That's all india baby.  Now it's a total cultural phenomenon in the u.s..

--------------------
check out my music!

InvisibleDisoRDeR
motional
 User Gallery

Loc: nonsensistan
    #14454150 - 05/14/11 11:31 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

people in india have aspects of life figured out that the average american simply is not privy to.

Which people in India?  Which aspects of life?  Are you supposing that the average Indian has shit figured out to a greater extent than the average american, or are comparing a minority of outliers of one group to the mean of another?

A lot of wisdom and loveliness has arisen from india, though much of what passes for spirituality here seems couched in fantasy and delusion. 

I've been to a few corners of the world, and none I've encountered is so chock-full of multitudes of contradictory batshit-craziness as India.  Clinging to symbols and delusion is a way of life here (and elsewhere, I realize).  The caste system still thrives in the minds of many people.

In the conduct of government and business, it is also the most corrupt society I've encountered.  Conspiracies of greed and irresponsibility dominate the practices of medicine and law.

Also, shit and piss and garbage everywhere...

Like anywhere, there are plenty of decent people, but on the whole it's a chaotic mess of a place.  You can really get a sense of the 'human as animal' here, as moral codes and social responsibility give way the struggle for survival and comfort.  In such an environment, the 'because someone said so' structures of religion can be a blessing and a curse.  At times I suspect it is the widespread deference to a higher power and an afterlife which perpetuates irresponsible attitudes.  Low people accept their place in the world as a function divine intentions and incarnation mechanics.  The ruling class use the same to justify their comfort and self indulgence...

One can't really blame the individuals.  They're just a product of their environment, and in the face of a life of poverty with little hope for higher pursuits, who wouldn't turn to reproduction and religion for comfort.  No matter how bad it gets, people will fuck and fantasize.

The situation in India is improving.  The literacy rate jumped by more than 9% in the last ten years to 74%, with an almost 12% increase in female literacy.  Women still lag behind men by over 16% though.  By state, there is still a great variance, with literacy near 94% in Kerala and under 64% in Bihar.  There are many cultures here which have not caught up to the western world in terms of gender equality.

Now, I've only spent several months living and working in India so my perspective far from complete, but these are some impressions.  It is a big, multicultural place, and generalizations are difficult to apply broadly.  I suppose demonstrating that was the intention of this post.

:cheers:

/tangent

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #14454425 - 05/15/11 12:48 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

guruu said:
actually more like yoga is their bread and butter, which is so legit it's fucking scary. 

the climb out of one's own asshole is slow and painful, but highly necessary if things are to be seen clearly. people in india have aspects of life figured out that the average american simply is not privy to.

What does it 'legitimately' do?  As Orgone mentions, there certainly are some obvious issues with Indian society that come to mind.  What is the benefits of yoga that are scary?  I've certainly not seen any- seems just like garden-variety concentrating.

OfflineBiffzilla
Emperor of Bongolia

Re: Longest lived human being? [Re: johnm214]
    #14454904 - 05/15/11 05:09 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

dude i know more about yoga than u do. watch yoga vs. kung fu on utube anfd get back to me, mkay?

i still think it dodgy this old fossil necessarily is from india...
you know, babajibi, or whatever the hell his name is (not was, coz he's still alive, rite? Whats his adress?)
Ill send him a birthday cake he will probably sacrifice to shiva right, and only eat the aroma for nourishment? mmm?

but
GURUU i feel ya brother lets not break the camel pose's back mmm? long live babji mahatvar, if it does u any good, mkay?

--------------------
- Show me the honey -

Edited by Biffzilla (05/15/11 05:12 AM)

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Re: Longest lived human being? [Re: Biffzilla]
    #14455369 - 05/15/11 09:10 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I mean i'm not hung up about it, i really just posted it in this thread cause it's like the most ridiculous thing I'm open to as far as other people are concerned, and i like teh flamez

Quote:

johnm214 said:
Quote:

guruu said:

What does it 'legitimately' do?  As Orgone mentions, there certainly are some obvious issues with Indian society that come to mind.  What is the benefits of yoga that are scary?  I've certainly not seen any- seems just like garden-variety concentrating.

:rofl: @ garden variety concentrating.  Yoga has the power to radically transform your body and mind in a relatively short amount of time, compared to other methods.  You can open yourself up to new ways of understanding personal power and energy.  For instance, did you know there is a huge correlation between the belly/navel area, and personal power? It seems whack, i guess, but if you learn to concentrate on your chakra on that corresponding spot on the spine, learn to center below your navel and take deep abdominal breaths, you are literally increasing your vitality and power at the source. If you don't believe me, i'll find the rap lyrics to prove it :lol: Seriously, try it, it works wonders.  You'll have more girls trying to talk to you without doing anything cause they'll sense your increased potency.

Similarly, other chakras on the body, while they may indeed just be physiological locations, in some crazy way just correspond to attributes in this reality.  The heart obviously corresponds to emotions and love, but also towards being centered and in the moment.  And so on with the others.

The reason I said it's scary is because you can seriously unleash so much energy onto your life that it warps your personality hardcore and is just sort of intense.  For me, that's pretty much what I wanted to happen and the warping happened in awesome ways.  I've seen it happen to other people as well, like my one friend has seriously been on a crazy power trip ever since he opened that spot on his spine and had this very cosmic experience of feeling the power available to us as human beings.  It's not that bad, I think he's just getting too addicted to coffee and firing band members :lol: That's why, in every kundalini yoga book or website, they specifically say that you need a trained instructor, because it's in no way impossible to go bonkers from yoga (although way safer than psychedelic drugs so i feel in the clear :pipesmoke:)

People in India are, on the whole, probably much more aware of little things like this.  This is life knowledge that has nothing to do with anything you'll learn in school, you could know this shit and be very book dumb.  Ayurvedic medicine is basically a culmination of this knowledge, only much less esoteric and it's really just a holistic therapy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayurveda

people in the u.s. don't know SHIT about how to take care of themselves holistically.  they wanna compartmentalize everything into a single problem that could be diagnosed.  Got constipation problems? Have some constipation medicine! Don't think that maybe (definitely) there are psychological and spiritual factors that directly explain your problem, through which you could cure yourself without use of a dependency forming drug.  If you knew about yoga, you would see that you've got a problem with your root chakra which corresponds not only to pooping but to survival and security in general, and be able to understand what kind of anxiety is givin you issues.

--------------------
check out my music!

OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

#14461296 - 05/16/11 10:02 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

IME, An earnest yoga practice has transformational effects.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Longest lived human being? [Re: Fraggin]
    #14461451 - 05/16/11 10:56 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

10 years of sincere and dedicated yoga, meditation practice, pranayama and a vegetarian diet. Instructed by the best.

Result: great physical health; no spiritual or emotional transformation. Not a single chakra opened.

Switched to weight-lifting, bicycling, dance, and racquetball, and an omnivore diet.

Result: great physical health; no spiritual or emotional transformation.

Dance gives one as much flexibility as yoga and greater strength.

--------------------

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

#14461700 - 05/16/11 11:56 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

that's just a sign that you're incredibly unobservant. yoga opens chakras and energy pathways.  that's just a fact, or at least it will occur in many many cases. this is stupid for me to even be typing because i can't prove it to you over the internet and you're not gonna believe me.  i've lifted plenty of weights in my day, and done long distance running, and ya those are both great physically healthy things to do. But they don't create a complete mind-body transformation in quite the same way yoga does.

concentrate your attention on the spot between and slightly above your eyes, and even try to look at that spot with your eyes.  breathe deep while you do this.  keep it up for a while and you'll feel your brow chakra all right.

--------------------
check out my music!

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#14461995 - 05/16/11 12:58 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Spirituality.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
    #14462008 - 05/16/11 01:01 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

guruu said:
that's just a sign that you're incredibly unobservant.

Personalisms are not allowed in this forum, guruu..if you can't debate without resorting to personalisms, then don't post here.

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Longest lived human being? [Re: Poid] * 2
    #14462028 - 05/16/11 01:05 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Guruu is not debating.  He is citing religious dogma as fact.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#14462085 - 05/16/11 01:19 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Already told you about my Swami getting the boot for sexual misconduct after 50 years of yoga. When I lived at Ananda Village(a farm in the Sierras), were the people different than city folk? Of course! Were they qualitatively different? In some ways, but that seemed more to do with living a less stressful life close to nature rather than from any practice. In other ways, the pettiness was the same as is encountered anywhere.

--------------------

Edited by OrgoneConclusion (05/16/11 02:33 PM)

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Longest lived human being? [Re: Poid] * 1
    #14462089 - 05/16/11 01:20 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

It is just a variation of the 'True Scotsman Fallacy'. OC was a yoga practitioner, but not a 'true' one.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
    #14462183 - 05/16/11 01:41 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

#14462373 - 05/16/11 02:22 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
10 years of sincere and dedicated yoga, meditation practice, pranayama and a vegetarian diet. Instructed by the best.

Result: great physical health; no spiritual or emotional transformation. Not a single chakra opened.

Switched to weight-lifting, bicycling, dance, and racquetball, and an omnivore diet.

Result: great physical health; no spiritual or emotional transformation.

Dance gives one as much flexibility as yoga and greater strength.

My spiritual transformation through yoga was more like desolution of indoctrination.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale