Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleAIRDOG
Male User Gallery

Loc: world's shroom capital
How can I mask my IP for sendind untrackeable e-mail??
    #14362445 - 04/27/11 05:20 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I dont want an annonymous mailer... I just dont want cops being able to track my IP so they cant get with my adress... since im doing some things they might consider "unlawful"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: How can I mask my IP for sendind untrackeable e-mail?? [Re: AIRDOG]
    #14362458 - 04/27/11 05:21 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

InvisibleAIRDOG
Male User Gallery

Loc: world's shroom capital
Re: How can I mask my IP for sendind untrackeable e-mail?? [Re: BothHands]
    #14362871 - 04/27/11 06:42 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I have tried what some videos in youtube say for proxy surfing...

but my browser cant open any page im using while connected to proxy... ideas why???

Edited by AIRDOG (04/27/11 07:39 PM)

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: How can I mask my IP for sendind untrackeable e-mail?? [Re: AIRDOG]
    #14364025 - 04/27/11 10:18 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You could have an email address that you only check at open wireless AP's like Starbucks.

Sounds like your proxy is broken or not set up properly.  Try tor.  It is slow but works well. 

If you don't get it figured out in a month I will show up at your house and make it work.

Invisiblenachohippie
asshole
Male User Gallery

Loc: right around the corner Flag
Re: How can I mask my IP for sendind untrackeable e-mail?? [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #14364431 - 04/27/11 11:23 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

TOR is much Faster than a prison sentence :laugh:

--------------------

send guns, money ,lawyers, and drugs its been a long night

everything i post is a lie im a pathological liar

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
Re: How can I mask my IP for sendind untrackeable e-mail?? [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #14400687 - 05/04/11 03:54 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

nachohippie said:
TOR is much Faster than a prison sentence :laugh:

there are ways to circumvent Tors security, I would just be smart and safe!

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
You could have an email address that you only check at open wireless AP's like Starbucks.

Great advice! Another thing to do is crack someones WEP real quick and always use a ghost accnt that you only access like Alan said from foreign connections!

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

InvisibleDaft Punk
People Are Strange

Loc: French Polynesia Flag
Re: How can I mask my IP for sendind untrackeable e-mail?? [Re: snoot]
    #14437770 - 05/11/11 11:00 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

snoot said:

tor has no backdoor.. other than flash or some other external program how would this be possible?

and OP what is your objection against using something like hushmail?

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How can I mask my IP for sendind untrackeable e-mail?? [Re: Daft Punk]
    #14438266 - 05/12/11 01:22 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Daft Punk said:
Quote:

snoot said:

tor has no backdoor.. other than flash or some other external program how would this be possible?

and OP what is your objection against using something like hushmail?

I'm just saying there are ways to circumvent its security by other means then the internet and the usual pathways, i.e. caches, logs, etc... all those things can proove certain things in a court of law if the dots are connected.

--------------------

- Simone de Beauvoir -

InvisibleDaft Punk
People Are Strange

#14438314 - 05/12/11 01:41 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

snoot said:

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:

Great advice! Another thing to do is crack someones WEP real quick and always use a ghost accnt that you only access like Alan said from foreign connections!

mac address?? just saying..

also snoot they would have to have your physical computer or be able to somehow match up cookies from your previous connections to monitor your activity. like some cain and abel or a similar sniffing program could do this, but even still they would have to have a general idea of where to look before they could start to monitor you.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

#14438511 - 05/12/11 03:05 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Daft Punk said:

Many wireless cards can change their mac address.

The MAC address only goes to the nearest hop, not the destination IP or even really out on to the Internet, so it is unlikely that they would track you that way.

Quote:

Daft Punk said:

A malicious exit node can sniff traffic.  Or inject code into your web page that exploits a security hole and installs a backdoor.  Sometimes java can be used to get a computers real IP.

Invisiblemaug
 User Gallery

Loc: inside you
    #14445474 - 05/13/11 01:15 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

This may help. Some of these I wouldn't trust, like skype. So find an open source one.

http://epic.org/privacy/tools.html

--------------------
I think nighttime is dark so you can imagine your fears with less distraction. -Calvin and Hobbes

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14446710 - 05/13/11 05:21 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

Daft Punk said:

The MAC address only goes to the nearest hop, not the destination IP or even really out on to the Internet, so it is unlikely that they would track you that way.

Quote:

Daft Punk said:

A malicious exit node can sniff traffic.  Or inject code into your web page that exploits a security hole and installs a backdoor.  Sometimes java can be used to get a computers real IP.

changing your mac address is real easy especially on linux.

--------------------

- Simone de Beauvoir -

InvisibleDaft Punk
People Are Strange

#14447627 - 05/13/11 08:16 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

snoot said:
Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

Daft Punk said:

Quote:

Daft Punk said:

yeah i know. but all im saying is that simply going to starbucks or using someone elses wireless connection doesn't mean you are safe. unless OP is trying to do some stuff that would gain serious attention i doubt he has to worry about things like this. just bringing up a theoretical point.

of course with linux it would be cake to spoof mac and "borrow" someones WEP or even WPA connection, if they had the time to sit and sniff the connection for a while.

Invisiblemaug
 User Gallery

#14447632 - 05/13/11 08:17 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

snoot said:

Ok... I study information security and digital forensics, and I'm only a couple classes away from my 2 year degree. You will never need to do that unless you are trying to make it look like someone else is sending that information. Like Alan Rockefeller mentioned, the mac address is only for physical connections and only travels one hop. You're over-thinking this.

If you want to be anonymous, start with your source. Starbucks, McDonalds, Safeway, Tully's Coffee... There's lots of free wifi's out there. The next part is encryption. Content-wise aside from using an encrypted proxy, I don't know what else you can really do. go through a proxy, from an anonymous location, and use one of the pieces of software at http://epic.org/privacy/tools.html

The next part is information left on your computer. Use a Linux Live cd/usb. It takes a whole 5 minutes to learn how, and it will not write to your hard drive. It doesn't get any easier to do than this. Those cute little "anti-forensic" tools people use like ccleaner and eraser are great, but almost never get everything. Usually the covering up is more telling than the actual evidence. Writing a "digital forensics for criminals" article is on my todo list.

--------------------
I think nighttime is dark so you can imagine your fears with less distraction. -Calvin and Hobbes

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14450620 - 05/14/11 11:10 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Daft Punk said:
Quote:

snoot said:
Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

Daft Punk said:

Quote:

Daft Punk said:

yeah i know. but all im saying is that simply going to starbucks or using someone elses wireless connection doesn't mean you are safe. unless OP is trying to do some stuff that would gain serious attention i doubt he has to worry about things like this. just bringing up a theoretical point.

of course with linux it would be cake to spoof mac and "borrow" someones WEP or even WPA connection, if they had the time to sit and sniff the connection for a while.

simply doing anything is never really enough, its all about habits and how you go about things that makes the difference, and the level of paranoia is different for each person, you dont really have to be doing anything wrong necessairly for you to want to remain anonymous, this day in age when you're tracked 100 different ways by just browsing the internet, you never know what they do with that information, where they are piling it up, who's building giant db's. It doesnt really worry me what they may be doing with such said information at the moment but what motivates me to be safe is what they may do with it, or what some scrupulous person might do with such things.

--------------------

- Simone de Beauvoir -

OfflineslagMUFFIN
Spiney ribbed Mooslet

#14458138 - 05/15/11 06:49 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

internet cafe, TOR bundle, make a new account and send email , pay cash. done

--------------------
enveloping stuff and fucking shitup with perixomes.
I will lysis the shit outta yew!

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

#14569154 - 06/06/11 12:17 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:

can something like no-script or disabling java and flash in your browser protect against this? Also what about SSL/TLS?

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How can I mask my IP for sendind untrackeable e-mail?? [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #14569219 - 06/06/11 12:33 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Nunbuh_Chrubble said:
Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:

can something like no-script or disabling java and flash in your browser protect against this? Also what about SSL/TLS?

NoScript is a brilliant addon I never leave home with out it. But TOR sets up firefox to work with no scripts by default I do believe. SSL is good technology but can be faked. Just be careful, be aware of what you're doing and where you are going. Look at SSL certs they should be authentic from the site.

--------------------

- Simone de Beauvoir -

Invisiblemaug
 User Gallery

#14569292 - 06/06/11 12:55 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinesaxx
Stranger

Re: How can I mask my IP for sendind untrackeable e-mail?? [Re: maug]
    #14609420 - 06/13/11 10:45 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

maug said:
Quote:

snoot said:

Ok... I study information security and digital forensics, and I'm only a couple classes away from my 2 year degree. You will never need to do that unless you are trying to make it look like someone else is sending that information. Like Alan Rockefeller mentioned, the mac address is only for physical connections and only travels one hop. You're over-thinking this.

If you want to be anonymous, start with your source. Starbucks, McDonalds, Safeway, Tully's Coffee... There's lots of free wifi's out there. The next part is encryption. Content-wise aside from using an encrypted proxy, I don't know what else you can really do. go through a proxy, from an anonymous location, and use one of the pieces of software at http://epic.org/privacy/tools.html

The next part is information left on your computer. Use a Linux Live cd/usb. It takes a whole 5 minutes to learn how, and it will not write to your hard drive. It doesn't get any easier to do than this. Those cute little "anti-forensic" tools people use like ccleaner and eraser are great, but almost never get everything. Usually the covering up is more telling than the actual evidence. Writing a "digital forensics for criminals" article is on my todo list.

para 2 : Mask your IP, basic shit

para 3 : This is because large amount of identifiable information can be stored on your computer and accessed through certain web apps. The info gleaned by a clever JS script or flash application is as follows but not limited to ; The fonts you have installed, your operating system, certain information logs, your exact browser version, and more.

I have to argue here, it might not be better to boot up using a live linux CD, but instead a fresh install of pirated windows XP or Windows 7. All the info gleaned will look like a default windows user, god knows there are millions of them out there. The goal is obscure yourself through commonality.

--------------------
sucking dick for drink tickets
at the free bar at my cousin's bat mitzvah

zappateer said:
I'm not wasting time at school. I'm gaining hella knowledge and life experience, not trying to use my degree for financial gain.

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14610263 - 06/14/11 02:42 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

maug said:
Quote:

snoot said:

I wasnt saying a spoofd address is necessary, just simply stating its not hard to do using nix.,

Why use a liveCd when you can just disable scripts/flash ..etc..etc.. depending on what you're doing and the applications involved I dont see why that would be necessary. Maybe I'm wrong. You can use a simple ProcessMonitor to watch what is being written doing your web activities.

--------------------

- Simone de Beauvoir -

Invisiblemaug
 User Gallery

Re: How can I mask my IP for sendind untrackeable e-mail?? [Re: saxx]
    #14622175 - 06/16/11 11:27 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

snoot said:
Quote:

maug said:

This is because large amount of identifiable information can be stored on your computer and accessed through certain web apps. The info gleaned by a clever JS script or flash application is as follows but not limited to ; The fonts you have installed, your operating system, certain information logs, your exact browser version, and more.

I have to argue here, it might not be better to boot up using a live linux CD, but instead a fresh install of pirated windows XP or Windows 7. All the info gleaned will look like a default windows user, god knows there are millions of them out there. The goal is obscure yourself through commonality.

Nah, the goal with a live cd/usb is to never permanently store information in the first place. If you do format, it's usually a pain in the ass. Even if you have an image, you'll spend a couple hours wiping the drive. And how often would you do that? Once a month? Well then as soon as your computer is analyzed they have an entire month of history to analyze. Don't count on the forensic expert to be fooled by any cute tricks with the user accounts. One of the first things I'll do is look in the registry and see what accounts have been active, and eventually I'll have a nice timeline of what user did what.

Don't create it in the first place. There's nothing wrong with a live cd/usb, unless you make the USB writable. If you think it's too slow to boot up, use damn small linux.

--------------------

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14622820 - 06/16/11 01:50 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

maug said:
Quote:

snoot said:
Quote:

maug said:

This is because large amount of identifiable information can be stored on your computer and accessed through certain web apps. The info gleaned by a clever JS script or flash application is as follows but not limited to ; The fonts you have installed, your operating system, certain information logs, your exact browser version, and more.

Nah, the goal with a live cd/usb is to never permanently store information in the first place. If you do format, it's usually a pain in the ass. Even if you have an image, you'll spend a couple hours wiping the drive. And how often would you do that? Once a month? Well then as soon as your computer is analyzed they have an entire month of history to analyze. Don't count on the forensic expert to be fooled by any cute tricks with the user accounts. One of the first things I'll do is look in the registry and see what accounts have been active, and eventually I'll have a nice timeline of what user did what.

Don't create it in the first place. There's nothing wrong with a live cd/usb, unless you make the USB writable. If you think it's too slow to boot up, use damn small linux.

I guess it just depends on what you're doing and the content of the doing. Depending on the severity of the crime or motivation of someone to find something, they would really need to scrutinize the hdd. I'm not sure if all that is necessary to send anon emails. But I understand what you're saying. I would only assume people would need to cleaer their hdds for certain if they were selling/getting rid/or paranoid, so I cant imagine why that would need to be done so often. There are a few really solid ways to clean an hdd, I've used one in particular (dran) that did a nice job, I kept getting a rootkit that kept reoccurring after reformatting and such.

--------------------

- Simone de Beauvoir -

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #14623675 - 06/16/11 04:15 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

> How can I mask my IP for sendind untrackeable e-mail?

In the modern world of spam email, it is pretty much impossible.  Almost every mail server on the planet requires authentication and/or adds tracking information to the headers.  The way spammers get around this is by using malware to send email from unsuspecting mules.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How can I mask my IP for sendind untrackeable e-mail?? [Re: Seuss]
    #14623939 - 06/16/11 05:11 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> How can I mask my IP for sendind untrackeable e-mail?

In the modern world of spam email, it is pretty much impossible.  Almost every mail server on the planet requires authentication and/or adds tracking information to the headers.  The way spammers get around this is by using malware to send email from unsuspecting mules.

I guess it depends on your definition of untrackable, anything is trackable I guess the way around it would be to have it track to someone else but you. incognito

--------------------

- Simone de Beauvoir -

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #14626645 - 06/17/11 04:26 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

> I guess it depends on your definition of untrackable

I'm thinking in terms of the government law enforcement with subpoena power.  When I was a student sysadmin in college (before the web), we had the secret service show up because somebody sent an anonymous email death threat to the president.  They fingerprinted the keyboard in the semi-public student computer lab and took all of the video surveillance we had from the computer lab and the building.  I never heard any more about it, but I'm guessing they probably figured out who sent the email (from the video, not the fingerprints... took them two weeks to show up... as if there were going to be any usable prints after that long on a keyboard that is used by hundreds of students a week...)

Regardless, the mail servers record the time and IP address of the MUA, along with a lot of other unique identifying information, in headers that travel with the email.  So you are sitting at starbucks, using your laptop with a livecd boot, and send an anonymous email.  They know the email came from the starbucks wifi, the date and the time, and most likely the type of MUA that was used.  Next they snag all of the video from all of the stores in the immediate area on the date the email was sent, looking for people with laptops, that were not doing something else at the time the email was sent.  It doesn't take much to narrow it down to a few people.  Getting from video to an actual name is another matter... did you use a credit card to buy that latte?

Edit: And all of the above is assuming you can find an email server that will accept emails from a foreign network without you having to authenticate.  These are known as open relays, and because of SPAM email, more or less, they no longer exist...  Once you do authenticate with a mail server, the authentication token, which can be tracked back to the username/password used, is also included in the email headers by the email server.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Edited by Seuss (06/17/11 04:29 AM)

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: How can I mask my IP for sendind untrackeable e-mail?? [Re: Seuss]
    #14638420 - 06/19/11 03:48 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Use a proxy server and send through a throw away email service. The ip is sent with the mail but it's the proxy's ip, not yours. Tor will work or some others. There are also remailers which takes them longer to track down to the originating email or you can chain proxies. By the time they got the logs from one, the other one has tossed them out.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale