Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Oklahoma City , OK, USA
I Made A Spore Syringe! ... Did I Do It right??
    #1435658 - 04/07/03 09:16 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i got a B+ print in the mail!

i attempted to make a spore syringe.. please tell me if im good to go :smile:

i took a used-up syringe and boiled a pot of water... while the water was starting to boil i heated up the oven to 190 degrees. once the water was boiling i sucked it up into the syringe.. then sprayed it out in the sink. i did this four times. on the fifth time, i kept the water in the syringe, i flame sterilized the needle, wiped it off with an alcohol pad, and put the needle cover on. i took a small glass and filled it up with 70% isopropyl alcohol. i dumped it out in the sink. i put the glass on the oven rack with the oven door open. i then sprayed the surrounding area with lysol, and put on rubber medical gloves. i moved everything to the oven rack inside the oven. i took the needle cover off of the syringe and held it in one hand. i unrapped the spore print with the other. i then used the needle to scrape spores off of the card into the glass. i put about 3-4cc's of water in the glass and used the needle to unsettle the spores from the bottom of the glass and to disperse them into the water. i then scraped off all the rest of the spores and squirted the rest of the water into the glass. i used the needle again to scrape the remaining spores from the bottom of the glass into the water. i sucked all the water up into the syringe, shook it up real good, and then let some air out of the syringe. i flame sterilized the needle tip, wiped it down with an alcohol pad, and then put the needle cover back on. 

edit: when i said in the oven... i meant on the rack pulled out half-way from the oven  :smile:

Edited by HidingInPlainSight (04/07/03 09:34 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: I Made A Spore Syringe! ... Did I Do It right?? [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #1435695 - 04/07/03 09:38 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

sounds good. wouldn't expect contams from that but possibly dead spores. points the spores may have died include 1) residual alcohol in glass (not likely) 2) glass too hot and heated water killed spores (possible). Also, consider flaming the needle and wiping with alcohol immediately after taking the cover off EVERYTIME. you didn't say you did that before using the needle to scrape spores off the foil. really, tho, sounds like you did an A+ job.

OfflineCultyVader
Dark SporeApprentice

Re: I Made A Spore Syringe! ... Did I Do It right?? [Re: debianlinux]
    #1435739 - 04/07/03 09:57 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

How long did you wait to let the syringe cool down?

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I Made A Spore Syringe! ... Did I Do It right?? [Re: CultyVader]
    #1435752 - 04/07/03 10:04 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

IME wiping with alcohol pretty well cools the needle instantly and the alcohol evaporates instantly.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1435760 - 04/07/03 10:06 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds about right , you will know for sure when you go to use the syringe .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Male User Gallery
Re: I Made A Spore Syringe! ... Did I Do It right?? [Re: CultyVader]
    #1435877 - 04/07/03 11:03 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i put the syringe in the freezer until the water got down to room temperature

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1435888 - 04/07/03 11:08 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

ha! couldn't tell who he was talking too. people. quick reply will reply to the last poster in a thread. if your specifically replying to someone else then use the reply link in their post...... please.

Male User Gallery
Re: I Made A Spore Syringe! ... Did I Do It right?? [Re: debianlinux]
    #1435892 - 04/07/03 11:11 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

lol... i'll let you guys know how it turned out once i mix up my cakes  :cool: 

OfflinesinoptiK
TranceAddict

Loc: USA
    #1435925 - 04/07/03 11:29 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

To make a fail-safe syringe, follow these steps:

1) Using hot tap water, suck in through and out of the syringe a couple times and then put syringe together with hot water in it and push all the water out.

2) Place all your syringes in tin foil (wrapped up) and put in pressure cooker for 20 minutes at 15psi.  In addition to your syringes, pressure cook a jar of distilled water for the same time with a loose lid, not too tight.

3) Once done pc'ing, you can then tighten the lid on the jar of distilled water.

4) Using your flowhood or hepa unit, place all your syringes and jar of distilled water in place.

5) Use IPA to wipe down the syringe needle after taking off the cover.  Suck up a syringe full of distilled water and inject into a shot glass that has been wiped down well with IPA.

6) Then, using a print, scrape off the spores into the shot glass with the syringe and mix it around well.  Then, just suck all that solution back into the syringe and voila, your first syringe.

7) Wipe down the needle again with IPA before replacing the cover on it to ensure you made a contaminant free syringe.  Let the syringe sit for a day in the fridge to allow the spores to rehydrate before using.
:smile:

Edited by sinoptiK (04/07/03 11:30 AM)

Offlinesi1988crx
Beep beep byebye

Re: I Made A Spore Syringe! ... Did I Do It right?? [Re: sinoptiK]
    #1435943 - 04/07/03 11:35 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Did the print look ok for you? Make sure to let me know how it turns out. Sounds like you did a good job making the syringe, good luck!

Male User Gallery
Re: I Made A Spore Syringe! ... Did I Do It right?? [Re: si1988crx]
    #1435957 - 04/07/03 11:37 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

thank-you si1988crx, i was pleased. because of the mail though, most of the spores fell down the the bottom of the foil... but it made a nice dark syringe. i'll let ya know once i get some growth in my jars!!!  :smile: 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale