Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejremines
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe\Asia\Africa\Antarc... Flag
need help
    #14357364 - 04/26/11 07:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i was wondering if someone could link me to a good half cake tek, ive been lookin all over this forum with no luck at all..just posts mentioning the topic..also..do i have to case in order to multiply the yeilds of each flush? or can i just birth them as cakes and drop the halfs ontop of some perlite like normal?

--------------------
Formula: 0WhO SaId AnYtHiNg AbOuT SlIcInG yOu Up, MaN? i JuSt WaNnA cArVe A LiTtLe Z iN yOuR fOrEhEaD

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewildernessjunkie
Reshitivest
I'm a teapot

Loc: HTTP 404 Not Found
Trusted Cultivator
Re: need help [Re: jremines]
    #14357376 - 04/26/11 08:00 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Why would you do only half a cake? This doesnt make any sense. If you can do a half cake, you can do a full cake.

Offlineesquaredx
 User Gallery

Loc: Dutch Country
Re: need help [Re: wildernessjunkie]
    #14357383 - 04/26/11 08:03 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Just put your whole cakes in a SGFC and be good.

--------------------

InvisiblePassiveAgressive
Sleepy-_-kinoko!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tueri honorare saltus
    #14357386 - 04/26/11 08:03 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

This is a rather odd question.

I've never heard of a 1/2 cake, perhaps as a different term, maybe. I've never used the PF tek myself, but from the reading I've done it seems you wouldn't have to case a cake to get it to fruit, though it would be a good primer to move onto casing. Treat any cake, no matter the size, as a cake. Size shouldn't have a major impact unless you get really, really, REALLY small or the inverse, really, really large.

I say birth them onto some perlite as per normal. No need to get super technical in the beginning unless you wish to become discouraged rather quickly.

--------------------

(\___/)
(= ‘.’=)
(”)__(”)
:amanitajar:

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared. - Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.

Offlinejremines
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe\Asia\Africa\Antarc... Flag
    #14357397 - 04/26/11 08:06 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

that makes sence i guess..i read about the half cakes on here and how it doubles and triples flushes..figured i'd give it a shot..

--------------------
Formula: 0WhO SaId AnYtHiNg AbOuT SlIcInG yOu Up, MaN? i JuSt WaNnA cArVe A LiTtLe Z iN yOuR fOrEhEaD

Invisiblewildernessjunkie
Reshitivest
I'm a teapot

Loc: HTTP 404 Not Found
Trusted Cultivator
    #14357403 - 04/26/11 08:08 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Please provide a link to where you read that.

When you first start out everyone wants more/bigger/potent shrooms. Dont buy into any of that. Just stick to the Tek, you'll get plenty for your own personal use.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #14357513 - 04/26/11 08:32 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

ive been hear quite a while and never have i heard of half cakes.

I know people have done grows using 1/4 pint jars, which is kind of half a 1/2 pint cake. but in no way does it produce more than a 1/2 pint cake.

I have heard of 1/4 cakes performing slightly better in terms of how much food is availible, just like 1/2 pints perform better than full pints.

your best bet though is to stick to time tested methods. follow the pf tek at

www.mushroomvideos.com

it performs wonderfully. infact pf cakes really do work great when yoiu understand what they need.

Before i stopped growing i was fruiting pf cakes in 2 litre coke bottles with verm in the bottom and they were producing 50 fresh per flush.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineOneU
Re: need help [Re: veda_sticks]
    #14357576 - 04/26/11 08:41 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Oh I came upon a thread similar to that a bit ago. It said cut the cakes in half (destroy the links of the mycellium) and roll it in verm, place them separately and you will magically get the same amount as a whole cake on both half ones.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: need help [Re: OneU]
    #14357639 - 04/26/11 08:52 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

OneU said:
Oh I came upon a thread similar to that a bit ago. It said cut the cakes in half (destroy the links of the mycellium) and roll it in verm, place them separately and you will magically get the same amount as a whole cake on both half ones.

yet no one is doing it.

ive never heard or tried it, but i think if it was really true. Youd be seeing it here all the time.

this sounds something that came from an inexperienced grower who tried something and got lucky with his ginetics, and posted claiming it was his method.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

InvisiblePassiveAgressive
Sleepy-_-kinoko!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tueri honorare saltus
Re: need help [Re: veda_sticks]
    #14357676 - 04/26/11 08:59 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
Quote:

OneU said:

yet no one is doing it.

ive never heard or tried it, but i think if it was really true. Youd be seeing it here all the time.

this sounds something that came from an inexperienced grower who tried something and got lucky with his ginetics, and posted claiming it was his method.

Sclerotia had been around for YEARS and suddenly over the past 3 years people started messing with them. They don't always take the best, latest info. I'm not sure what that's all about, but it wouldn't surprise me if here were a better tek than everyone is using. That's common place here.

--------------------

(\___/)
(= ‘.’=)
(”)__(”)
:amanitajar:

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared. - Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.

OfflineTrippy_Smurf
Sketchy Mother Fucker
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Smurf Villiage Flag
Re: need help [Re: PassiveAgressive]
    #14357913 - 04/26/11 09:38 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Perhaps 1/2 cake =~ 1/2 pint PF cake?

Check out the first link in my sig.

--------------------
SECURITY:  READ THIS!

Chef:  Kids, what did I tell you about drugs?
Kids:  There's a time and a place for everything, and it's called college.

How to be a good shroomie    How to grow mushrooms    A collection of good links (may be outdated)    How things should look    How to pass a drug test

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds