Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: oneducktwoducks]
    #1464177 - 04/16/03 03:00 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

dude, look at the picture he posted. They are cubes no doubt about it.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Loc: FromSoFarAwayYouWontBelie...
Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: baraka]
    #1466121 - 04/17/03 01:23 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Totally Baraka you are on the king...these are cubies and i have serious doubt about the oxidation theory..whats every body's take on thsi...i will also post the pics of the shrooms blueing to prove my case...sometime today..gotta get some batteries for my digicam now..see ya..later..

OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: MetaMountain]
    #1467877 - 04/17/03 04:08 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Ok I am sure this is going to raise hell for me, But facts are facts..Have a look

After 2mins..(was much bluer than the Photograph shows)

So what do you people have to comment..methinks this thing about blueing=potency..does not augur very well..I know I am a relative newbie..but hey i have a point..dont I ??

I have personally fed (between 25 to 65 gms wet) these shrooms (with my own hand..if you must know) to 3 different people with no effect whatsoever..so the tolerance thing doesnt apply in this case..Please dont say that..

Edited by MetaMountain (04/17/03 04:44 PM)

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
    #1468074 - 04/17/03 05:00 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

looks like a cube to me, honestly, i would just try a different strain. GT's kick my ass while lipa yai dont' do ANYTHING. I really dont know what to say other than that.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

InvisibleHermes_br
~~~
 User Gallery

#1468229 - 04/17/03 05:54 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Keep the faith, and wait for second flush..

Edited by Hermes_br (12/12/04 04:56 AM)

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: Raadt]
    #1468515 - 04/17/03 08:18 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

and ive had 3.5 grams of lipa yai rock my world much more then 5 grams of eq's did. Go figure.

Potency varies greatly from flush to flush. Try picking them shrooms earlier. Like right when the viel is getting strechy, or when it breaks.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: mesq]
    #1469062 - 04/18/03 12:12 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hey MetaMountain, (Not Mesc),

Shrooms are very common in India and especially depending on what state you are in. Liiberty caps in Pune, Cubensis in much of the country. The WEstern Ghat mountains has a city known to tourists as Mushroom City. They have been going there for thirty years and have shrooms. PEter Gorman reported about the mushroosm of Tamilnadu, India. I pickjed cubensis in Orissa and Copelandia species are all over, plus sivx new spedcies of Hypholoma are now known to come from India.

Read below for some information for you on where to find shrooms in India.

And again, it depends onthe time of the years.

India, like southeast Asia is one giant cow field with no fences in most locations.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

From the book Psychedelics Reinmmagined edited by Tom Lyttle and froman chapter buy john W. Allen and Jochen Gartz, Ph.D.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Mushroom festivals are also common in parts of India, Bali (Schultes and Hofmann, 1980; W?lty, 1981), the British Isles (Harries & Evans, 1981; Peden et al., 1982), and other European countries (Gartz,1993).

India

India, is a very large country comprised of many different climates, thereby providing ideal climatic environments for the growth of several varieties of psychotropic fungi. It is also probably the largest cattle pasture in the world. Cows are sacred in India and are allowed to roam freely across the land. So far only five species of psilocybian fungi have been botanically reported from India. They include: Panaeolus subbalteatus (Sarbhuy & Daniel, 1981); P. semilanceata, and Panaeolus papillionaceus from Pune, India (Bhide et al., 1987); C. cyanescens from Bengal (Bose, 1919-1928, 1920: Butler and Bisby, 1931) and recently from Madras on the Southeast coast of India (Gerhardt, 1990). While some of the four above mentioned species are probably consumed by tourists for recreational purposes, the following two species are not well known of and most assuringly not used in India for their psychoactive effects. Psilocybe atrobrunnea is reported to occur in Bhubaneshwar, Orissa, India (Sinha and Padhi, 1978) but contains no active indoles (Christiansen ey al., 1981, 1984). Another species belonging to the genera Inocybe, Inocybe corydalina (Sathe and Sasangam, 1977) was just recently identified as a psilocybin containing mushroom (Gartz, 1986; Stijve and Kuyper, 1985; Stijve et al., 1985).

Afirst there seemed to be some mystery regarding the presence of P. cubensis and/or P. subcubensis in India. Reports from tourists indicate that P. cubensis does occur in India (also see Guzm?n, Allen & Gartz, 1999, for the mycological reference to its locations in India). Even Terence McKenna (1988) recently questioned the existence of P. cubensis in India by stating that there is a "lack of confirmation in India of the presence of Psilocybe cubensis or other psilocybin-containing mushrooms." As noted above, there are also9 several other psilocybian species which have been botanically identified from India.

Wasson (Forte, 1988) wrote that "Stropharia cubensis was known to tribals and sudras" and wondered if that species was "responsible for the elevation of the cow to a sacred status." Wasson (1982) first reported on Stropharia cubensis from India in 1970 in an article of which he was co-author along with Roger Heim. In 1965, Wasson was in Dumka in the Santal Parganas in the Indian state of Bihar. An informant, a widow of a Luthern pastor, described a fungus to Wasson, as "(big, growing only in dung mostly of cattle, and white reaching an intense cream color in the umbonate center)." Wasson noted that the description tallied with Stropharia cubensis (Wasson, 1982:595).

Two years later, while during another expedition to India, this time in the Simlipal Hills of Nawana in the Indian state of Orissa, Wasson met with the chief of the village who also described the same mushroom from the dung of cattle. Wasson claimed that the chiefs description of the mushroom was similar to the one from the Lutheran pastors widow.

One point of interest which has as yet not been followed up on were Wassons remarks regarding the painted designs in many of the Santal houses which Wasson visited in. Wasson wondered "does its [Stropharia cubensis] entheogenic virtue account for the colored geometrical designs, endlessly varied that decorate the exteriors of many Santal houses."

Reports from foreign travelers (JWA, unpublished notes, 1989-1991) indicate that full moon mushroom festivals and other illicit drug festivals such as the ones celebrated on Koh Pha-Ngan in Thailand, are also held in India. Goa, a large European tourist populated district on the west coast of India is known by foreign travelers as a center of drug consuming activity for many trekkers and tourists who visit Goa.

Several tourists (JWA, Pers. Comms., 1991) visiting the Thai European district of Bamlumpoo have mentioned that tourists and travelers in Western India often attend "full moon" drug festivals, including a small population of European "hippies" who reside in Goa and belong to the drug sub-culture that exists there.

Recently, Mark D. Merlin, a professor of the University of Hawaii's Biology Department (December, 1992), reported that magic mushrooms were offered for sale to him while he traveled south of Goa along the Western coast of India. However, Dr. Merlin was unable to examine the mushrooms to determine and confirm whether the mushroom vendor had real "magic mushrooms" or not. Furthermore, a young female student at the University of Hawaii related to one of the authors (JWA), the presence of the "infamous mushroom women" who gathered magic mushrooms in the woods near her village in Tamilnadu State and then sell them to tourists. According to this student, these women supplement their income by collecting "magic mushrooms" in the Western Ghat mountains during the two monsoon seasons. Besides gathering entheogenic fungi for profit, the mushroom ladies regularly gathered wild berries, edible mushrooms and firewood. The student informed the senior author that European travelers, trekkers, and freaks referred to her home village (town) of Kodaikanadu in the Indian state of Tamilnadu as "mushroom city." She reported that psychoactive mushrooms were common in rain forest clearings near her village in the Western Ghat Mountains and that the mushrooms occurred in grass growing in Gaur and cow manure (see Gorman, 1995, for further information. Gorman also visited India in search of magic shrooms. eventually he found some but was actually chased by two mad policemen who wanted to thrash him just for being a tourists (Gorman 1985)..

Gorman wrote of his shroom adventures in India in an issue of High Times magazine).

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

And here is a list from a paper by me, Guzman and Gartz on what magic shrooms are in India.

India (wide distribution)
Copelandia bispora (Natarajan & Raman, 1983).
Copelandia cyanescens (Bose, 1920; Natarajan & Raman, 1983; Ott, 1993; Gerhardt, 1996).
Copelandia tirunelveliensis (Natarajan & Raman, 1983).
Copelandia tropica (Natarajan & Raman, 1983).
Gymnopilus sapineus (Natarajan & Raman, 1983).
Gymnopilus spectabilis (Natarajan & Raman, 1983; Ott, 1993).
Hypholoma gigaspora Natarajan & Raman (Natarajan & Raman, 1985; Guzm?n,1995).
Hypholoma guzmanii (Natarajan & Raman, 1983; Guzm?n, 1995).
Inocybe corydalina Qu?let (Sathe & Sasangam, 1977).
Panaeolina microsperma (Natarajan & Raman, 1983).
Panaeolus africanus (Natarajan & Raman, 1983).
Panaeolus ater (Ola'h, 1968, 1969, 1970).
Panaeolus papilionaceus (Bhide et al., 1987).
Panaeolus subbalteatus (Berk. & Br.) Sacc. (Ola'h, 1969; Natarajan & Raman,1983).
Panaeolus venezoalanus (Gerhardt, 1996).
Psilocybe cubensis (Earle) Singer (Natarajan & Raman, 1983).
Psilocybe goniospora (Pegler, 1977).
Psilocybe indica (Sathe & Daniel, 1980; Guzm?n, 1995).
Psilocybe natarajanii (=P. aztecorum var. Bononi (Guzm?n) Guzm?n sensu Natarajan & Raman (Guzm?n, 1995).
Psilocybe pseudoaztecorum Natarajan & Raman (Natarajan & Raman, 1985; Guzm?n,1995).
Psilocybe semilanceata (Bhide et al., 1987; Ott, 1993).

India, Bengal
Copelandia cyanescens (Berk. & Br.) Singer.

India, Bihar
Psilocybe cubensis (Earle) Singer (Heim & Wasson, 1958; Allen & Merlin, 1992a,b).

India, Kerala
Psilocybe indica Sathe & Daniel (Sathe & Daniel, 1980; Guzm?n, 1995).

India, Madras
Psilocybe pseudoaztecorum Natarajan & Raman (Natarajan & Raman, 1985; Guzm?n,1995).
Copelandia cyanescens (Berk. & Br.) Singer (Allen & Merlin, 1992a, b).

India, Orissa
Psilocybe cubensis (Earle) Singer.

India, Pune
Psilocybe semilanceata (Fr.:Secr.) P. Kumm.
Panaeolus papillionaceus (Fr.:Bull.) Qu?l
Sri Lanka (Ceylon)
Copelandia cyanescens (Berk. & Br.) Singer (Coomarasway, 1979; Singer, 1969; Pegler, 1986).
Copelandia cambodgeniensis (Gerhardt, 1996).
Panaeolus Ater (Ola'h, 1969).
Panaeolus rubricaulis (Gerhardt, 1996).
Psilocybe goniospora (Berk. & Br.) Singer (Pegler, 1986; Guzm?n, 1983, 1995).
Psilocybe ochreata (Berk. & Br.) Horak ex Guzm?n (Guzm?n, 1983; Pegler, 1986). Psilocybe rostrata (Pegler, 1986; Guzm?n, 1995).

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Six of the above noted Psilocybe species newly discoveed in India have had their names changed to the genera Hypholoma.

mj

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So my dear Mesc, as you can see, there are many shrooms to be found in India. It is just depends on where you are and who you know. They are aware of the shrooms in many areas. In fact they even pick edible shrooms so people who own cattle know of them. ANd there are millins of cattle inthat country.

By the way, while Hindi's do not eat the mat of cows, they do eat Buffalo meat and other four-legged ruminants.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (04/18/03 08:54 AM)

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1469091 - 04/18/03 12:26 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

eat alot of them. then take more dxm 700mg+

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #1469173 - 04/18/03 01:08 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I think I have heard a lot of bad advice here.

Be patient...and be careful.

Try again.

The physical tolerance of psilocybin/psilocin wears off after 3-4 days.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Offlinemesq
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: Joshua]
    #1469314 - 04/18/03 02:23 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

MJ it wasnt me who was questioning the prevalence of Psilocybes in India I was responding to this :

Quote:

Dude i am in India ...see my previuos posts mushrooms are as unknown here as elephant processions are there...

From someone previously in this thread.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: mesq]
    #1469753 - 04/18/03 08:53 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I realized that after I sent you a pm.

mj

OfflineSmiley_Riley
kinda newbie
Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: the spiral]
    #1525529 - 05/06/03 07:16 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Just keep eating till ya can't physically eat any more... always goes down a treat... hehe

OfflineTripz Versus Kaboom
Mushroom Grower

Loc: Dat weet ik alleen...
Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: Smiley_Riley]
    #1525607 - 05/06/03 07:54 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I realize this isnt gonna help you alot :wink:
I Myself have a high tolerance, I've tried 1.5, 1.75, 2 Dried grams before without feeling any effects at all, i've tried different shrooms and more, 4 grams this time, this turned out to give me about a level 1 trip, the last time I tripped I ate about 6 dried grams and I got a level 2/3 trip, probably because I smoked alot of ganj with it too..

What im saying is.. you're not the only one with a high tolerance, just keep trying more, and try different strains, and you probably will trip.

Stay safe...

Quote:

Just keep eating till ya can't physically eat any more... always goes down a treat... hehe 

this for example I wouldnt call very safe  :tongue:

--------------------
At last you know what ineffable is, and what ecstacy means
-R.G. Wasson, 1972

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Loc: pass the gates of hell 2 ...
Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: Tripz Versus Kaboom]
    #1526872 - 05/07/03 06:12 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

maybe your letting the caps open too much..next time pic the shroomies as the veil is breaking not after it already borke....maybe that hass umthing to do with lack of potency

--------------------
Mice have feelings

Anonymous

Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: JameZTheNewbie]
    #1527431 - 05/07/03 11:53 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

the first time, I ate 3g of GT and had a really intense great trip. A week later me and four friends ate the rest of it (around 2 grams each), wasn't as intense, but everyone tripped. I can't imagine eating 7grams and not loosing my shit. Good luck dude.

OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: tak_old]
    #1527892 - 05/07/03 02:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

well guys all of you thanks for all the support i have been dished out here...but now I have finally run out of shrooms i still have a couple of questions for my next grow:

Ques: I have One more syringe of the Pes Amazonian left with me is it worth going for another grow??

Ques: Does using grain over brf cause a diff in potency?

And For the record this thread will be dead only when i get my first trip....Period

OfflineRustik
Where am I?

#1528598 - 05/07/03 07:18 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Eat 20 dry grams. If you can or can't trip, that should let you know!  :laugh:

Just kidding - don't do that, you will likely end up in another world.. maybe permenantly.

--------------------

The blue... the blue!!!

OfflineSmiley_Riley
kinda newbie
Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: the spiral]
    #1551741 - 05/15/03 04:09 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Man... a DXM 320mg would do no more than releive yr cough.... next time up yr DX dosage to upwards of a gram.... then you'll be fukin laughin....

As for yr shrooms... i'm having the same problem with mine (PC Mexicana), unless the wild shrooms around melbourne are fukin kik arse (which they probly are) these home grown one are shit... i ate 40 or so shrooms last friday night, and can't say that i "tripped".... i think i'm gonna try drying them out next time.... seyaa!

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: Smiley_Riley]
    #1551782 - 05/15/03 04:17 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Man... a DXM 320mg would do no more than releive yr cough.... next time up yr DX dosage to upwards of a gram.... then you'll be fukin laughin....

So this is why ODD is moderated... I understand now. Be careful doing upwards of a gram of DXM... depending upon your body weight, this could be getting into the danger zone for an OD.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineDank420
Shrooms...Mmm

Loc: 'burbs of philly
Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: Seuss]
    #1552684 - 05/15/03 09:45 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yea, i've tried a gram+, and could barly even form sentences. I would start to say something, and then just repeat some word I was stuck on untill I just gave up. And all over the walls and ceiling were red worm like things flying around. Wasn't exactly fun.

--------------------
"I tried marijuana once. I did not inhale." -William Clinton.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules