Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTxTec
Texas home andheart breaker...

Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: MetaMountain]
    #1438990 - 04/08/03 11:02 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Wet or dry shouldnt make a bit of difference....maybe you need to make a purchase from The Little Guy because you definatley have something amiss with what you have now. I have been shroomin since 1971 and have been picking from all the cow fields available in my area an havent had any problems at all.I started cultivating this winter an grew Eq`s,GT`s,Mexi-cubs,Pesa hawaiian and Mazatepec`s all from The little guy with spectacular results....I`ll send ya a Mazzy print from some i grew if you think you can syringe it properly...PM me if interested.

--------------------
I felt a warm warm breeze that melted metal and steele

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Loc: FromSoFarAwayYouWontBelie...
Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: TxTec]
    #1439616 - 04/08/03 02:07 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Your offer is most graciously accepted...thankx...

OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: ShRo_0My]
    #1439664 - 04/08/03 02:20 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Is it possible that the shrooms are not viable??...that they are duds.....they look perfect just like the photos...in the grow logs and i even have a bumper harvest...loads of beauty...but i have no idea that the last two months of work would lead to this consequence.....thankx for all the support and help i have got on this forum...really appreciated

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1439922 - 04/08/03 04:02 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Are you on any medications? Have you done any other drugs recently that might have created a cross tolerance? Is your scale accurate?

Wet fruit should be a bit stronger than dry fruit, but not by much.

How long ago did you eat food, or drink, before taking the shrooms? Did you eat or drink anything with the shrooms?

Are you sure that you are growing a Cubensis species? Does the fruit bruise blue after 10-20 minutes when you cut them open?

My first time out was on 12g of fresh P. Cubensis - PF race and I was a carpet toy for most of the night. I have never seen it with shrooms, but I have a friend that is 100% immune to LSD. I suppose the same thing could be happening here, but I hope not for your sake.

A few people have to 'learn' how to trip. It takes their brain a while to figure out how to react to the magic, more or less. Don't give up hope yet...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinediggitydankman
No longer aCannabisConnoisseur

Loc: Michgan
    #1439930 - 04/08/03 04:05 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry about my smart-ass remark. There is no reference that I could find in the Shroomery FAQ to tolerance build-up. I assumed that there would be, but I made a mistake and I also assumed that you were some young kid out to just get fucked up and I am highly against this use of the wonderful mushroom. However, before fully knowing the reactions of a drug you should try visiting erowid.org. There is wonderful information there that will help in any further experiences. Once again I apoligize and wish you much luck on your further experiences.

--------------------
"It's only wrong if you get caught.
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD."

Maynard James Keenan, Tool

Offlinenosaj
Stranger

Loc: Inner Space
Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: diggitydankman]
    #1439947 - 04/08/03 04:14 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Depression meds? SSRI's will give you crazy acid tolerance (keeps seratonin in while acid tries to dump it all).May be true with psilocybin. Just an idea.

Offlinediggitydankman

Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: nosaj]
    #1439977 - 04/08/03 04:24 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I believe X is the drug of which you speak.

--------------------
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD."

OfflineLiBerAtedCapSter
fungus fanatic
Loc: Uk
    #1441969 - 04/09/03 04:57 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

it doesnt matter if they are dry or wet....me and a freind had been growin cubes, and yesterday harvested and ate them wet....we did a very silly thing and didnt get an accurate weight of what we ate, but i think it was around 30g....HOLY SHIT....level 1000....!
if u have ever seen the beavis and butthead movie, the bit in the desert, trippin out....i swear it was exactly the same as that but more intense....if you seem to think that dry are more intense...holy shit..i dont think i will be drying the rest of my shrooms!

--------------------
"tonight is the definition of the discovery of actual situations and realities that continue to go on, no matter who sees them. Everybody is blind, but i now see" ---first trip documentation...hehe :laugh:

InvisibleTxTec
Texas home andheart breaker...

Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: LiBerAtedCapSter]
    #1442025 - 04/09/03 05:54 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

If you ate 30gms wet that would have been about 3 gms dry and if you split them with a friend and got that high you probably consumed a bit more than 30 gms wet....3 gms dry is a lot for one person to comsume and you probably had extremely potent ones if you an your friend had a experiance of that magnitude.I am glad you had a good experiance but i havent seen a big difference in potency between dry and wet. MJ said it best earlier when he stated that the potency can differ a lot even if the same shrooms are just across the street from each other. Last summer me an my friend picked a lot of field shrooms several times from the same field and we picked a few {ordinary Gulf Coast field shrooms} that spun us off the platter an we had been doing them together for years...we probably only did 2.5 gms apiece and we still talk about that wondering why they were so damn incredible. :smile:

--------------------
I felt a warm warm breeze that melted metal and steele

OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: Seuss]
    #1442086 - 04/09/03 06:38 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Are you on any medications? Have you done any other drugs recently that might have created a cross tolerance? Is your scale accurate?

No medications whatsoever..xcept homeopathy...I have never done a psychedelic of any kind..(thats why i am growing shrooms)...my scale a latest model Tanita 1479V Professional mini..got it for a steal.. :grin: $62...

Quote:

How long ago did you eat food, or drink, before taking the shrooms? Did you eat or drink anything with the shrooms?] 

I fasted the whole day with one meal at 3pm...then only little fruits..then went running in the eve and dosed at 12:00am..ate the shrooms whole with sips of organic orange juice..must have had a maximum of 1/2 pint

Quote:

Are you sure that you are growing a Cubensis species? Does the fruit bruise blue after 10-20 minutes when you cut them open?

The print is from Sporeworks they are reputed enough....Pes Amazonian..the shrooms go almost dark blue from  Psilocin/psilocybin oxidation...amazingly blue...they look like what photographs i have seen of them in the grow log and gallery..

Quote:

A few people have to 'learn' how to trip. It takes their brain a while to figure out how to react to the magic, more or less. Don't give up hope yet...

This i believe could be true...i am a very hyper active almost psychedelic person as it is...maybe i am not breaking through...but its after all a substance...if i ingest i have to break through..right??....anyway i have tried dxm 320gms...lsd 4 times (blotter)....nothing has caused me to trip....thats why i grew them shrooms...thinking that the stuff i had earlier must have been bogus....anyway thats my story.....

Edited by MetaMountain (04/09/03 06:43 AM)

OfflineLiBerAtedCapSter
fungus fanatic
Loc: Uk
    #1442539 - 04/09/03 10:20 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

If you ate 30gms wet that would have been about 3 gms dry and if you split them with a friend and got that high you probably consumed a bit more than 30 gms wet

noo, we ate about 30g each

--------------------
"tonight is the definition of the discovery of actual situations and realities that continue to go on, no matter who sees them. Everybody is blind, but i now see" ---first trip documentation...hehe :laugh:

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: LiBerAtedCapSter]
    #1442809 - 04/09/03 11:37 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Thats insane you ate 30 grams and didnt feel anything. I guess its possible you got some wierd mutation in the shrooms that causes low potency, but that is real unlikely. Has anyone else tripped from these?

My best advice for you is to wait atleast 2 weeks from last time eating and try again with about 40 / 4 grams (wet/dry) on an empty stomach.

Hard to believe you ate 30 grams and felt nothing, i can eat around 5 grams and not really trip, but i definatly can tell something is going on. If you have to wonder if your tripping then your not. You will know its an intoxication that is very very pronounced. Out of every drug ive done lsd and mushrooms are the only ones i cant "contain" myself on. Or act like im not high.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Edited by baraka (04/09/03 11:37 AM)

OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: baraka]
    #1451966 - 04/12/03 08:48 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I gave my friend 3.5 grams and he too didnt feel a thing...

Hey methinks these Spores i bought from Sporeworks give beautiful flushes but there is nothing to them...like there is no psilocybin in them...sucks...how the hell is that possible...they turn blue and every thing....so i guess i will wait for the second flush and then eat em...thats cause some people here say that it the first flush is sometimes less in potency...do ya think its worth it??

Does anyone know what can be done in my situation??

I guess i will grow again...then maybe...

Edited by MetaMountain (04/12/03 09:04 AM)

Anonymous

#1451975 - 04/12/03 09:07 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

chew them up better? fast? eat more?

potency varies.. maybe you just got really unlucky?

OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Re: 1st grow 1st trip 16.2gms wet...nuthin!!! [Re: ]
    #1452094 - 04/12/03 10:24 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Okkkk this is the quintisential(sp?)...test ate 7.5gms dry...stilll........nothin...(ate about 1.5 hrs ago)...surely then the mushies are dead..... :confused: :mad: 

OfflineDank420
Shrooms...Mmm

Loc: 'burbs of philly
Re: 1st grow 4th trip 7gmsdry...nuthin!!! :) [Re: MetaMountain]
    #1452242 - 04/12/03 11:25 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

If I was you, I would just increase your dosage to 40g wet, like the previous poster said. Some people do need more to trip.

--------------------
"I tried marijuana once. I did not inhale." -William Clinton.

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1452261 - 04/12/03 11:35 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

It sounded like they were duds from the start of the post to me. I guess your best bet is to get spores from somewhere else. Good luck!

Offlinediggitydankman

#1452519 - 04/12/03 01:03 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

As has been stated before you keep eating them before you have had time to fully recover from the tolerance factor. It is always a rule that if you want to trip on consecutive or (for me) any day the same week you would need to double the dose. This is why I laughed the first time. I would have guaranteed that the second time and third time you would have no effect as would almost all of the people who do research and understand the concept of tolerance. Surely you realize that the more weed you smoke (if at least multiple times a week) the more weed you have to smoke to get the same effect. Why would shrooms be any different? Each time you try all you are essential doing is increasing your tolerance more. Wait two weeks before you try anything again because by now you won't get any effect from them. Where you are at you would need to technically eat fourteen grams dry to get to the point where you were last time (nowhere). This leads me too belive that, while you may have a higher than average normal tolerance to psychadelics, your body now has an exeptionally high tolerance. Quit wasting your mushrooms and read the FAQ as I did find an excerpt about tolerance in it.

--------------------
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD."

OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

#1453089 - 04/12/03 04:43 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

As has been stated before you keep eating them before you have had time to fully recover from the tolerance factor. It is always a rule that if you want to trip on consecutive or (for me) any day the same week you would need to double the dose. This is why I laughed the first time. I would have guaranteed that the second time and third time you would have no effect as would almost all of the people who do research and understand the concept of tolerance. Surely you realize that the more weed you smoke (if at least multiple times a week) the more weed you have to smoke to get the same effect. Why would shrooms be any different? Each time you try all you are essential doing is increasing your tolerance more. Wait two weeks before you try anything again because by now you won't get any effect from them. Where you are at you would need to technically eat fourteen grams dry to get to the point where you were last time (nowhere). This leads me too belive that, while you may have a higher than average normal tolerance to psychadelics, your body now has an exeptionally high tolerance. Quit wasting your mushrooms and read the FAQ as I did find an excerpt about tolerance in it. 

HEY i gave the mushies to some one else too and the result was the same...so it has to be the shrooms then...i guess i need to do the whole process again.... :smile: 

Offlinepeeko
poop
    #1453913 - 04/12/03 11:10 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I think 16 grams wet it something around 1.5 (very roughly) dry... which is not a lot, which would explain why you didn't feel anything (although, you should've felt SOMETHING, maybe you have a small natural tolerance to shrooms?)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale