Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Toilet Paper

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebadtz
producer
Loc: .
IBS + Psilocybin/LSD ?
    #1435264 - 04/07/03 04:51 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Does anyone here have IBS [irritable bowel syndrome] and maybe bring some light as to if it makes the symptoms worse/better when on shrooms/lsd?

thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst
Son of the LordGod Almighty

Loc: Vatican City
Re: IBS + Psilocybin/LSD ? [Re: badtz]
    #1435880 - 04/07/03 01:05 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Since IBS is rather a personalized experience, affecting everyone with it in different ways, make sure you haven't eaten anything that normally causes your symptoms to act up. For instance, if alcohol normally affects you, try to avoid it for at least a day before hand and while you are experiencing the mushrooms.

If you suffer from the type of IBS that primarily results in diarrhea, you will want to take special care to avoid symptoms during the experience; having to take a painful/unpleasant shit can really put a damper on your trip. If you are more of the constipated type, you want to make sure that you aren't feeling bloated, as that can lead to some rather exaggerated pains when the mushrooms kick in.

Very often, the pre-trip jitters that sometimes accompany the onset of effects can cause symptoms of IBS to begin to surface. Just keep your cool, know that it will pass, and try not to focus on any pain you feel.

Normally, it is suggested for people suffering from IBS to avoid red meats and whole grain wheats. Before your voyage you may want to have a light meal of tuna fish on white bread, as that tends to be easy on the old bowels.

All in all, mushrooms (IME) are a little harder on the ol' system then LSD, although LSD does last much longer so any unpleasantness may be more unbearable. If you find that the mushrooms themselves cause discomfort, try grinding and putting them in capsules or making a tea.

Jssmthrfcknchrst

--------------------

Invisiblebilly cuts
turntablingmycologist

Loc: Saturn
Re: IBS + Psilocybin/LSD ? [Re: JssMthrFcknChrst]
    #1436339 - 04/07/03 03:44 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I don't have IBS, but the last time I dosed I had diarreha set in as I was peaking. Needless to say it was not a pleasant experiance. You can read that trip report somewhere on here "Trip Report: 3.5 grams Malabars" is the title I believe. I'd follow Christ's advice if I were you...

Offlinebadtz
producer
Loc: .
Re: IBS + Psilocybin/LSD ? [Re: billy cuts]
    #1436410 - 04/07/03 04:10 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

very informative post JssMthrFcknChrst  .!!!

thanks.

just making sure it'll be okay to do it with IBS ..... & that it wasn't going to be deadly or something ..... :wink:

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst
Son of the LordGod Almighty

Loc: Vatican City
Re: IBS + Psilocybin/LSD ? [Re: badtz]
    #1436721 - 04/07/03 06:18 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know how badly you suffer IBS, but to some with extreme cases, it can feel like you're going to die. If you can control your symptoms then you will be fine, it just that the added stress of a trip and the hard to digest nature of mushrooms can trigger them for some people.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Toilet Paper

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience