Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAbsolut_B
Just some guy

Loc: In my pants
Trip Report: Life Changing
    #1279844 - 02/04/03 08:26 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

First off, a little background information.  I had been suffering from depression/anxiety and a general sense of a screwed up mental state.  I was perscribed drugs from benzos to SSRI's to antipyschotics.(evil)  My condition was not getting better and my doctor helped me convince myself that it was just some chemical imbalance.  I had come to the conclusion that I had no power to change my life by my own thoughts.

Fast forward a few weeks.  I stopped taking the ineffective SSRI and antipyschotic script as they were ineffective.  A still had a small, old stash of shrooms which I had not used during my "treatment" time.  I decided to trip the next day, got a good night's rest, and bought myself some tasty OJ for the next day.

I prepared a tea using around 3 grams of older shrooms, which at one time were of high strength.  I drank the tea in a few quick swallows and put on some timid but good music such as Cake and even a little classic rock.  Finding a warm couch I laid down with a warm blanket midday in winter with a well lit room.  Over the next few hours I thought of my problems, their causes, and what I could do about it.  I would call the trip neither good or bad in the classic sense.  I laughed at times, almost cried at times, and took a good look at the rainbow swirling in front of me in between times.  I woke up the next day with no bad after effects.

Since that time I have no longer used any perscriptions except benzos for what is now mild anxiety.  My depression is gone and the amazing thing is this experience happened over a month ago.  I don't smoke, drink moderately, and have restricted my use of other psychedelics to a very few low dose occasions, never once having used shrooms since.  Although not scientific, my experiment seems to have worked, and judging from what I have read is not unlike the experiences of 1960's therapists.  Take my experience for what it is, and only time will tell whether it is a permanent change, although I have not felt this good in a long time.  I also do not advocate this course of action, although in my case the alternatives did not work.

Tips that worked for me for this type of experience:
Dark lighting is great for visuals, but mild lighting sets a better mood.
Good night's sleep is important.
A jug of juice and a glass helps, considering I had fasted before takeoff.
Be prepared to face everything you hide from yourself, or the shrooms will whack you in the face with your lies.
The joy you feel can be carried over to the rest of your life.

That's my story, hope someone finds it interesting.

Edited by Absolut_B (06/07/09 02:40 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleykk
re-member

Re: Trip Report: Life Changing [Re: Absolut_B]
    #1279891 - 02/04/03 09:16 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

great!
i never really had depression-problems, but i always felt that shrooms have an amazing healing value. i dunno, i probably wouldn't go out and tell everybody to trip their depression away, cause i assume it can be difficult to overcome the boundries depending on the severity of the depression. my guess would be having a guiding trusted one, maybe even a psychologist, or even better, a shaman during the trip could help to steer the trip into the most effective direction.

my theory is that most depressions arise from being caught up too much in the thought-world (e.g. regretting the past, worrying about the future). shrooms can make you realize that these things are just, well, thoughts and keep you from gazing at true reality, which is laying right in front of you in every moment of now.

i'm absolutely positive that if one learns to live the "right here right now"-lifestyle, depression is unthinkable. cause there's just too much beauty swirling all around you all the time. not trying to hold onto anything, but gently floating along in supreme appreciation.

ykk

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #1279943 - 02/04/03 10:36 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Similar thing happened to me. My first trip was hardly a level 3 but it changed my life forever. It's enough that I remember that experience when I feel the depression is starting and the smile comes back to my face!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

Invisibleralph snart111
infectedlycanthrope

Re: Trip Report: Life Changing [Re: zeronio]
    #1280016 - 02/05/03 12:24 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Excellent story, I think shrooms can do more than we ever thought possible.I'm glad you found yourself with them,they can really humble you.
Take care.

--------------------
"Behold the mythical esquilax-a horse with the body of a rabbit...and the head of...a rabbit ! "
-Timothy Leary

Offlineforevadazin
It's so easy toslip
    #1285389 - 02/06/03 12:30 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Very good story, I myself suffer from bipolar disorder. When I was younger..14ish..im 18 now I used to slit my writs everyday just to ease the pain..cause phsyical pain covered up the mental pain..then I started to use psycedelics more spirtually. I had done them before but just with the mind set that many (not all) young trippers have. See visuals, trip out..and nothign else. Then one day I ate 4 grams, sat in my room, thought about everything..(this was also after my gf dumped me who i was dating for 2 years and devoted every breath I took to her)...I found an equal point thanks to shrooms. I can go on..I can wake up the next day..Sorry for mumbling. Shrooms just gave me so much..its hard not to praise them.

OfflineAbsolut_B
Just some guy

Re: Trip Report: Life Changing [Re: forevadazin]
    #1286995 - 02/06/03 09:17 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I have seen the term spirituality mentioned several times, and it reminded me of something I forgot to put in my initial post. I did not look for, nor did I receive any sort of mystical insight. This all happened under a very scientific approach, and I consider the results a product of thought rather than a revelation or instant insight. I also do not hold any spiritual attachement to the mushroom, although I do think they have a great value.

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
    #1433066 - 04/06/03 07:18 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hi Everyone,
It's soooo wonderful that u managed to get a very positive experience out of the shroooms ! unfortunately, I had the complete opposite experience, i.e. I went from an happy, meditative, peaceful, living-in-the-now kind of person to practically psychotic, with horrible panic attacks and extreeeme suicidal depression after the shroooms :-((
It's been over a month now since I had the shroooms and things don't seem to be improving. My life is in shambles (I've had to quit work part-time). I've posted several msgs on this list detailing my predicament, under the heading (in "Support Group"):
"Desperately need help :-( Freaked out a month after shrooms"
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=support&Number=1421156&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=all&vc=1

Basically, I had a very bad trip and when I sought out help during the trip, I got all the wrong kind... :-(
If u have any advice at all, I'd appreciate it. Some folks have suggested doing the shrooms again, but I think a cup of coffee can now throw me back into that state (I'm practically in that state all the time anyways - "stuck in a moment and I can't get out of it")...

It was the first time in my life I took a leap of faith and took the "said mushrooms" (which a friend gave to me) without researching them. I'm caught up in regret, angst, depression, anxiety and extreeme parnoia about losing my mind.
Any help at all would be *greatly* appreciated

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
Re: Trip Report: Life Changing [Re: lucid]
    #1433074 - 04/06/03 07:29 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

btw, the irony is that I've been prescribed serious benzo's and serious SSRIs to get me out of this (the exact opposite of what happened to u) :-(

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

Offlineforevadazin
It's so easy toslip
    #1433524 - 04/06/03 01:22 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Thats awesome, I find that tripping helps me with my bipolar disorder. The medicine never really helped but fungi lets me see how beutiful and special life is. Even the extreme lows I go through, I know that life is a beutiful thing.

Offlinemarcosbj
Harmony, theequilibrium

Loc: Brazil
Re: Trip Report: Life Changing [Re: forevadazin]
    #1433700 - 04/06/03 03:25 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

that is the explanation of the commum used term

sacred mushrooms.....

balance.....you know what I mean, right...

--------------------
www.cogumelosmagicos.org

The Magic Mushrooms in Portuguese.

OfflineAbsolut_B
Just some guy

#1433720 - 04/06/03 03:41 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry to hear about what happened to you. I still am on benzos, but I no longer take the handful of pills every morning. It would be risky for you to trip again. It could also be a very positive experience. It is hard in this situation because people give out advice based on what happened to a friend of a friend of a friend, and might say to dive in head first again. On the other hand you have people giving good advice, but in the meantime trying to cover all the bases and saying to lay off the drugs for good. Both of these approaches are not optimal, but they are helpful in seeing what has happened to others. My best advice would be to lay off of all mind altering chemicals, except those you need on a daily basis(perscriptions you MUST have). After a month or so decide for yourself what to do. If you had a major problem from just one use of the shrooms I think you may have gone somewhere you just weren't ready for. Maybe you asked yourself some questions that you were always afraid to ask? Work with varying things from talking about problems with close friends and family to professional help and maybe even future drug use. I would strongly caution against using SSRIs. I know many people who are either on them or have used them in the past, and they haven't worked for a single one in the long run. They may work for you, and if you go that route stay with it for awhile, its too easy to quit taking the meds and say screw it early on. Good luck man, and until they invent a pill someday that will make our brains snap into place there are those like us who must constantly fight it.

edit: spelling

Edited by Quebst (04/06/03 03:48 PM)

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #1435195 - 04/07/03 02:15 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Be prepared to face everything you hide from yourself, or the shrooms will whack you in the face with your lies.
The joy you feel can be carried over to the rest of your life.

How well put. This is the sacredness of mushrooms. Whether or not there is a curtain that the mushroom draws back or reveals some hidden reality, this single point is what i know for sure, is what cherish so much from mushrooms.

that and the fact that it makes you question your environment.

beautifully thought. I'm so glad you're doing well

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order