Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
We did it.. we've created cyborgs.
    #1435074 - 04/07/03 02:49 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, y'know how in the future people will plug themselves into big machines and control them with their minds? Well, it's already happening. You've heard of cars? Yes, well, so far the mind still has to go through the hands and feet, but the cyborg invasion has been going on for years.

It wouldn't be so bad if humans controlled cars, but cars also control humans. They take over their minds and turn them into.. drivers. This hybrid has no time for normal conduct and pisses on mankind's unwritten code of mutual respect.

A few weeks back I was in Vancouver (big cities are especially bad) and I was walking through a safeway parking lot when some shit head drove his dickmachine towards me (fairly slowly). I was walking, and our paths were destined to intersect with me arriving at the point of intersection a few seconds ahead, but the shit just kept driving, so I stood tall and asserted myself. The guy looked all confused and stopped a couple feet from me. This is the example that jumps to mind, but this has happened many many times. Like on the same trip to the coast, a couple friends and I were skateboarding around on a street, and all these cars just kept driving up as though we didn't belong trying to do kick-flips in the middle of the road. FUCKERS!!

But there is a way to strike back. Y'know how since the dawn of history young men have done stupid things risking bodily harm in the name of sport? I'm thinking of bull-riding and sneaking up on bears and slapping them in the ass in the woods. Well, if you've got the testosterone necessary, I HIGHLY reccomend you engage in traffic harrasment. Parking lots are a great place for this, as are slow roads in rich neighbourhoods. Skateboards are excellent tools but are unnecessary. Bikes don't work so well due to the lack of manoeuverability in a dangerous situation. Basically, you go out into traffic, where the cars can see you from a ways away, and if you see the car start to slow down a bit, then get out there and make the car slow down more anyway you can. Skating more into the middle of the road works once the driver is nervous and slow, although asserting your right as a pedestrian to walk wherever the fuck you want is good too. Put up your hand if you have to, or just start walking out into traffic. Skateboards are really the best, though, because you can weave around in front of the car and then make them squeeze by you as you make it look like you're trying to grab on (or you could actually follow through and go for a ride). Another good thing about skates is they give the rider this "I'm oblivious to the world cause I don't give a fuck" sorta feel to them which puts drivers at a disadvantage. Remember: cars fear what they don't understand.

You want to think of yourself like a hyena among lions, or flies clustering around a horse's ass. I was thinking that sure we could talk about the philosophical aspect of machine and its effects on man's psyche, but maybe we could instead turn this thread into a kind of place where we vent about how much we hate cars and then fuel a kind of mob mentality inspiring eachother to do braver and braver acts of vehicle (pronounced vee-HIC-le) harrasment until

A) We win and cars are phased out.
B)Someone dies.

Oh, and I'm assuming there aren't any really impressionable 12 year olds getting ideas for things to do here. And yes, this is a very philosophical discussion obliquely connected to .. man's relationship to machine and breaking down the cultural conditioning and habituation this relationship brings about in our collective psyche. Oh, and this invasion by robots is another reason why I think we're in the middle of the apocalypse already.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: We did it.. we've created cyborgs. [Re: Dogomush]
    #1435177 - 04/07/03 04:05 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I like cars

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #1435273 - 04/07/03 05:06 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I think this fusion you're talking about is our future.. organics are weak.. its not the bodies that make us human.

OfflineWaldarbeiter
can you eat it?

Loc: woods of lower bavaria
Re: We did it.. we've created cyborgs. [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1435464 - 04/07/03 08:50 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

To hell with cars!!!!
GO WALKING! :grin: 

Offlinecleaner
Stranger

Re: We did it.. we've created cyborgs. [Re: Waldarbeiter]
    #1435467 - 04/07/03 08:53 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Ummm Waldarbeiter, i want that beer  :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: We did it.. we've created cyborgs. [Re: cleaner]
    #1436906 - 04/07/03 07:22 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I think this fusion you're talking about is our future.. organics are weak.. its not the bodies that make us human.

one of them

Invisibleslime_R
The Good Doctor

#1437632 - 04/07/03 11:24 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

The streets are made for cars. If you were in the road not getting out of the way I would probably hit you. Skateboard in the park or in a driveway. Intentionally getting in peoples way has got to be the worst remedy to this problem as it just makes them want to hit you more.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: We did it.. we've created cyborgs. [Re: slime_R]
    #1437722 - 04/07/03 11:51 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You just.. you just don't GET it do you?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1438178 - 04/08/03 03:17 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I dunno man all of his claims seem pretty grounded.. you can't make your way to the sidewalk when there are cars coming? heh how old are you man?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: We did it.. we've created cyborgs. [Re: Strumpling]
    #1438223 - 04/08/03 03:53 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

no dude, you don't get it. None of you get it because you've all been infected. I reccomend you try thinking outside the box for a change, you slaves.

OfflineLostMetropolis
A Stranger AmongStrangers

Loc: In The Machine
    #1438301 - 04/08/03 05:31 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

(all theory, take in jest)

Machines are the next step in evolution. Just look around you. Our whole world is inhabited by machines. Everywhere you go, information is shooting from one place to another constantly. We probably don't see that it is evolution working under our noses, because we cannot classify it yet as any type of living creature. But it is a creature, a creature made up of all information ever obtained by humans. The human brain at it's base isnt much different than a computer chip. Signals relaying endless information from one point to the next. The constant search of new information is the drive for evoluition. AI is inevitable, and when it no longer needs us.. SEE YA LATER!

Eventually after trillions and trillions of years of climbing this ladder, a sort of information crescendo is reached where evolution has taken on it's highest form (if there is such a thing). This great point of existence will probably take place when the universe is fully expanded. Then what happens? Personally I think this point of ultimate awareness, this "enlightenment" if you will, lasting as both long and short as the infinite moment of "now", will begin climbing back down the ladder, de-evolving, "time" going in reverse with the universe back on its way to the big crunch. Then the big bang, another the point of ultimate awareness cept at the other end of the spectrum, and it starts all over again., and again, and again.

The neverending and never-beginning cycle of experience and information.

Just a thought.
Peace.

--------------------
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Anonymous

Re: We did it.. we've created cyborgs. [Re: LostMetropolis]
    #1438312 - 04/08/03 05:47 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

When the universe is 'fully expanded' (this is just in theory, because it will never stop expanding), the temperature will be absolute zero, and man will have escaped into hyperspace millions of years before.

And man will always control the machines.

Peace.

Anonymous

#1438580 - 04/08/03 09:27 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I ran over several kids that were acting weird just like that.

As I heard their screams, watched the blood and brains squirt out from under my wheels, and listened to the sound of their bones cracking into fragments under my car, I thought to myself, "What were they thinking?"

Now I know. Thanks.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1438988 - 04/08/03 01:02 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"no dude, you don't get it. None of you get it because you've all been infected. I reccomend you try thinking outside the box for a change, you slaves."

Well why don't you elaborate on your thoughts then, because you don't seem to be communicating efficiently.... What is it that I "don't get?" I've been infected by what? Stop being so vague; that's the easy way out. I ask again: How old are you?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (04/08/03 01:05 PM)

Invisibleslime_R
The Good Doctor

#1439659 - 04/08/03 04:19 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Think outside the box?  That has nothing to do with getting in a cars way.  Mabey you think too far outside the box.

Mr. Mushroom-  :grin: 

Anonymous

Re: We did it.. we've created cyborgs. [Re: Adden]
    #1439683 - 04/08/03 04:25 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

eh? in theory it would be pretty warm- all energy will have been converted to thermal, notwithstanding the extra-largeness of the universe.. the heat will have to do with how much it expands

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: We did it.. we've created cyborgs. [Re: ]
    #1440115 - 04/08/03 07:20 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I think you just have to try it. Think of mushrooms. Sure, you can explain how great it is to be high on mushrooms but at some point that person is just going to have to experience it himself.

So go out with some friends of yours, get some skateboards, maybe smoke some pot first, and then go out onto a road where cars go slower than usual, or maybe just do it at stop signs at intersections, and pretend you're a hyena. The car is a pride of lions and a dead gazelle. No go, RUN! Do what comes naturally. Screwing up traffic and annoying drivers is a fun, and strangely liberating thing to do. Try it and you'll see exactly why one would do such a stupid thing.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

#1440117 - 04/08/03 07:21 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

oh, and being fully grown helps too. really fucks with people's minds.

Anonymous

#1441515 - 04/09/03 02:33 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Like Strumpling, I too, am interested in your chronological age. I think I have your emotional age figured out.

How old are you?

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: We did it.. we've created cyborgs. [Re: ]
    #1442577 - 04/09/03 12:34 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

guess

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology