Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
2 ? Tons Of Marijuana Seized From Home
    #1418911 - 03/30/03 08:59 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/2041181/detail.html

2 ? Tons Of Marijuana Seized From Home
Police: Drugs Likely Headed To Local Dealers

POSTED: 10:33 a.m. PST March 14, 2003

LOS ANGELES -- Six people were in custody Friday after an anonymous tip led authorities to an El Monte home where 2 ? tons of marijuana was shrink-wrapped in small bundles ready for distribution to local dealers, police said.

"It's a pretty good size bust," said El Monte police Lt. George Hopkins.

Investigators in an unmarked cruiser went to watch the house at 3010 Cogswell Road about 5:45 p.m. Thursday after a caller tipped them off that drugs were there, Hopkins said.

Less than an hour later, a man left the house in a small pickup truck with a camper shell, Hopkins said. Officers followed him and stopped the driver for swerving across lanes while talking on a cellular phone.

When officers approached the driver, they saw packages of marijuana and smelled the drug, the lieutenant said. They arrested him and found 200 pounds of marijuana inside the cab and under the camper shell.

Police obtained a search warrant and returned to the house, Hopkins said. Inside they found 2 ? tons of marijuana shrink-wrapped in 12-by-6-by-4-inch cubes. They also found packaging material.

The bundles, 2.2 pounds each, were likely destined to street-level dealers who sell the drug in smaller quantities, Hopkins said.

Officers arrested a woman and four men who were home at the time, he said. The driver and the group at the house were booked on suspicion of possession of marijuana with the intent to sell.

Police were trying to determine where the marijuana was grown, Hopkins said

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHans_Moleman
????

Loc: Canadia
Re: 2 ? Tons Of Marijuana Seized From Home [Re: motaman]
    #1435071 - 04/07/03 12:46 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

"Officers followed him and stopped the driver for swerving across lanes while talking on a cellular phone. "

SURE!!!!!

--------------------
One of the reasons marijuana is illegal today because growers in the 30s lobbied against hemp farmers -- they saw it as competition, because It is not chemically addictive as is nicotine, alcohol, or caffeine.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1437076 - 04/07/03 06:05 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

I really wonder how much they actually found. The police seem to enjoy impressing people with their math skills involving multiplication. A friend of mine got busted with 0.25 oz a few years back and by the time it got to court they claimed he had several pounds with intent to distribute. It seems each cop that touches the stuff multiplies the weight by two or three... the .25 oz turns into a QP by the time it gets into evidence... then into a pound by the time it is tested, and then a few pounds by the time the DA gets done writing up the charges.

The cops had already 'destroyed' everything but a small sample of what he had because they 'didn't have room to store it all'. He still got nailed, but not too badly... no jail time, just a record, drug classes, and communitiy service cleaning out dog/cat cages at the humane society every saturday for several months.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinediggitydankman
No longer aCannabisConnoisseur

Loc: Michgan
    #1437229 - 04/07/03 06:50 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Police were trying to determine where the marijuana was grown, Hopkins said 

Fuckin pigs, I will guarantee in that amount, it could have only came from one place.  Mexico :grin: 

--------------------
"It's only wrong if you get caught.
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD."

Maynard James Keenan, Tool

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: 2 ? Tons Of Marijuana Seized From Home [Re: diggitydankman]
    #1437809 - 04/07/03 10:31 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Fuckin pigs, I will guarantee in that amount, it could have only came from one place.  Mexico :grin: 

There are plenty of other places it could have come from. There are many large marijuana fields in rural parts of the country. There is rumored to be a very large field not too far frome me here in Georgia.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleSporeDog
watching yourback 24/7

Loc: on porches and in backyar...
Re: 2 ? Tons Of Marijuana Seized From Home [Re: z@z.com]
    #1437880 - 04/07/03 10:58 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Fuckin pigs, I will guarantee in that amount, it could have only came from one place. Mexico

i agree

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates