Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
Loc: coming down fast, miles a...
Bad bad luck.
    #1435046 - 04/07/03 12:28 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

How many people have had repeated attempts go to shit even when extremely careful? *raises hand*

I just inoculated some jars in a glovebox with so much alcohol on things I almost cought a buzz. Glowed up and cooled the syringe. Even put alcohol on the gloves in case they were dusty or something. Ive gotten so paranoid you would think I was working with ebola not mushrooms. After reading all these posts where people are just so casual and as long as they dont piss in their tank they get flushes I need to hear about some other plagued growers. So tell me about times mother nature said "Fuck you" to all your hard work.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetracered
Man-whore

Re: Bad bad luck. [Re: Chemical_Smile]
    #1435216 - 04/07/03 02:27 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

A FOAF said to me:

"I've tried several times, and just haven't been able to get anything to fruit. I can get to full colonization, but no matter what I do, no fruiting. Temp is right, humidity is right, .... and nothing. I've tried casing now as well, and the cakes I cased just sat there. No growth, nothing. I don't know whats going on, but I just can't get any shrooms."

Maybe that will make you feel at least a little better. Of course, my FOAF is probably just still a noob who is screwing something up.

~peace~

InvisiblePJDIDDLE
Female
*DELETED* [Re: Chemical_Smile]
    #1435256 - 04/07/03 02:45 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Script

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by PJDIDDLE (06/08/10 05:48 PM)

OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
Loc: coming down fast, miles a...
Re: Bad bad luck. [Re: PJDIDDLE]
    #1435613 - 04/07/03 08:36 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Good luck! Im gona turn this post into a question as well as a place to vent. How do most things get contaminated? Sounds like a dumb question but Im wondering what it takes. I cant tell how much invisible shit is in the air and what its doing. Example, my glove box has sort of wide arm sleeve things and I can never get gloves to fit over the ends. This means Ive been washing my arms with alcohol and wearing gloves and just sticking my arms through the sleeves (dryer vent material). Could contams realisticly get in from the space around my hands? What about if my glove got a small tear in it on the top of my hand? I feel like contams are just hiding out for years praying for my mush to come around so they can kill it.

OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
    #1435616 - 04/07/03 08:40 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

ha! i've had many, many attempts go to naught over the last couple of years. it's so discouraging - time and time again losing your project to contamination. ..such a sad thing

--------------------
I am not stoned.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #1435868 - 04/07/03 10:59 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I feel like contams are just hiding out for years praying for my mush to come around so they can kill it.

you just don't know how true that statement actually is. ha! there was a post not too long ago about some damn endospore that had survived since the godforsaken iceage or something. don't forgett hat you ARE creating the optimal environment for molds and bacteria to thrive in. this means that any one spore or microbe can and will multiply, seek, and destroy. You caanot be too careful. Some people work in the worst areas with no problems (believe me, i saw a friend do it in a place that all his friends had aptly named "The Squalor") and others (like myself) have ideal situations with heavy sterilizations and attention to detail yet battle contams everyday. I think once you have a bad outbreak of something you will always have problems with it until you move. In my case,.... cobweb, grrrr.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder