Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Aliens,.... ALIENS!!!!!!! [Re: Shroomism]
    #1435158 - 04/07/03 01:54 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Read what Hawking has to say on the subject. UntiI actually meet an alien who takes me to its home planet, I'll trust the best earth human minds. But I'm willing to believe give scientific evidence that the laws of physics can be circumvented.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
    #1435159 - 04/07/03 01:54 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

ok... so what you are saying is that our kind of life is common because for our kind of life to exist the planets must be quite similiar? So its a big convergence towards the same basic form. Now, there must be some difference. Maybe the species has less toes or fingers, but the basic bipedal, manipulative hands and big brains will, on a long enough time-line appear on any planet with life forms formed from water and carbon. I could see that. So are the greys a genetically transformed human he has been designed to serve a certain purpose like mentats in Dune?

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: Aliens,.... ALIENS!!!!!!! [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1435165 - 04/07/03 01:58 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

There are approximately 80,000,000,000,000 (80 trillion) individuals.

according to my calculations

http://www.activemind.com/Mysterious/Topics/SETI/drake_equation.html
(scroll down)

we are their dreams

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Aliens,.... ALIENS!!!!!!! [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1435191 - 04/07/03 02:13 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

What values did you use in you calculations?
Even so, how do they avoid the laws of physics to travel here?

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #1435283 - 04/07/03 03:16 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

okay mntlfngrs physics are absolute. they are the best way to explain things from what WE can observe in the universe. now what if someone else out there figured out better. its safe to say that our current laws of physics wont last forever and will be rewritten many times in our future. and have been in the past many times. and worm holes are possible in theory because space is curved. even einstein would tell you that worms can theoreticly exist. but they dont just hang around in space they would have to be created by some fancy space ship.

now on the subject of aliens. this is where science leaves and my imagination takes over. whos to say that the greys came from another place? maybe they came from another time. lets say the greys are just humans from far into the future. they've toyed with their genetics and evolved themselves into that. being as advanced as they are they decide they want to undertake the greatest experiment in their/our history. they travel back in time and seed a planet with life. they observe it through the years help here and there to speed things up. then men start emerging they toy with the conditions for their early selves. they help build great monuments(pyramids, stone henge, etc.) and once we start keeping records and communication increases they take a more observational role and sit in orbit watching us. and when they feel that we have advanced enough they will contact us and tell us the whole story. and so thats my theory on what the aliens are doing here. if in fact they are here.

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#1435309 - 04/07/03 03:58 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

What values did you use in you calculations?

I used reasonable values (don't remember exactly) that weren't far from the default values there, and then multiplied by 5 billion which might or might not be a resonable average value for the number of individuals in each alien race. Mind you that the Drake equation only calculates the potential number of alien civilizations in our Milky Way galaxy, which is one of hundreds of billions.

Even so, how do they avoid the laws of physics to travel here?

I didn't say anything traveled here, that would require further calculation with even more speculative variables like "what is the likelihood that an advanced alien civilization would want to visit us?" and "what percentage of those that visit would make themselves visible?" (I assume if they can cross interstellar space, they would have no problem hiding their presence from us.)

What makes you think that the laws of physics are limiting to them? Maybe they could exploit the laws of physics to travel great distances. The way we understand physics doesn't limit their movement - it is our knowledge that is limited.

Think about this: a few billion years ago, the most advanced form of life on Earth was algae. Now imagine an alien world that is a few billion years older than we are. We are talking about beings that are as far removed from us as we are from algae. They would be completely foreign to us, we might not even recognize them as living things.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1435345 - 04/07/03 04:49 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hey guys, I'm not saying that it is impossible. I like to dream too. I'm just saying that we should employ a little rationality and scepticism. I have often employed agruments using theoretical time travel as an explaination for Jesus, prophets and religion. I could be a god if I went back in time with some of todays simple technology. I just think that stating this stuff as if it is fact as BS. We're here to stop the spead of misinformation, not encourage it.

I'm no cosmologist but the subject fascinates me. So I read a little about it. I guess I'm jumping in this because I just finished Hawking last book where he talks about these exact concepts.I tend to believ him that anything with mass can't travel faster that light and transporting any macroscopic object through a wormhole in not likely to be possible. But even Hawking admits that without a unified theory we cant know for sure.

I don't rule out astral travel (I've had a few strange experiances), and that possibly a conscienceness or spirit might be able to travel to any point instanly.
I love science fiction but don't confuse it with fact.

So for those that know these aliens are here, pleas4e ask them to come to my house so I can ask some very important questions.

--------------------

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1435353 - 04/07/03 05:01 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

They either would or would not reveal themselves. If they chose not to then NOONE here would know anything factual about them. If they can travel here or travel back in time then they can surly hide there presence from us. So that indicates to me that anyone who claims any of this as fact is full of shit or gullible. I mean what, did they contact some dope and tell him to spread the word by selling the masses a book? There are two kinds of people that talk about this stuff as fact.
1) People trying to make a buck off the gullable masses
2) the gullible masses

--------------------

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #1435360 - 04/07/03 05:08 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Which book?

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#1435396 - 04/07/03 05:45 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

There are many ways that they can "reveal" themselves, I'm not expecting them to land on the Mall in DC and announce their arrival. Like I said, they may take forms that are so different from us that we could not immediately recognize them as living things. We could be in the thick of it without knowing it.

Do you think an ant crawling on your kitchen floor is aware that it is in the midst of a highly advanced technological civilization?

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Aliens,.... ALIENS!!!!!!! [Re: shaggy101]
    #1435400 - 04/07/03 05:48 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

The nutshell one. Maybe it is not his last but very interesting. In the end he theorises that we exist on what is called a brane surrounding an expanding bubble that is the universe kinda like a bubble of steam in a pot of boiling water exept that on the outside is nothing exists. Or something like that.

--------------------

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1435407 - 04/07/03 05:55 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Thats fine, I can say that we may not know they are here or recognize them. With that in mind how do some here seem to know so much about them, or anything about them. I don't think ants realize were they are and I don't think they talk to other ants like they are privey to information about them living in the midst of an advanced technological civilization.

--------------------

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #1435428 - 04/07/03 06:16 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Nice, I just read a brief history in time, which is older but not much has changed.
I fuckin hate the way he writes.. still like his books though.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Aliens,.... ALIENS!!!!!!! [Re: Dogomush]
    #1435465 - 04/07/03 06:51 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

[quote "this is the calling, this is the calling, this is the calling, this is the calling." synchronicity happens more late in the night.

Are you sure he wasnt saying this is the gloaming? (Track 8 on Hail to the thief, the finest album from the greatest band!!) Ive got the lyrics for the new album and it doesnt say this is the calling anywhere, Ive also listened to it about 50+ times as well and havent heard this is the calling said anywhere. Cant think of anyother Radiohead tunes where he says that although of course I might be wrong  :grin:

See how we make synchronicities for ourselves to find.... 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Aliens,.... ALIENS!!!!!!! [Re: GazzBut]
    #1435476 - 04/07/03 07:03 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

See how we make synchronicities for ourselves to find....

And that is why the scientific process is important.

--------------------

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1435502 - 04/07/03 07:28 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

sadly the scientific process is not immune and will often find ways to bend facts and data to fit cherished theories in exactly the same way.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Aliens,.... ALIENS!!!!!!! [Re: GazzBut]
    #1435518 - 04/07/03 07:36 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Eistein came up with a cosmological constant which he later called the biggest mistake of his life. Later it was discovered that there is a sort of cosmological constant. It is not infallable but IMO it is the best we have for finding the truth.

--------------------

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1435555 - 04/07/03 07:59 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Einstein also rejected large parts of quantum theory. Even though he had no logical basis apart from he didnt like QT and God doesnt play dice!!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Re: Aliens,.... ALIENS!!!!!!! [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1435566 - 04/07/03 08:04 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I just want to say I really like the title of this thread.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1435973 - 04/07/03 11:41 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Aliens who have the ability to travel light years through time and space are subject to the rules of the Galactic Federation who regulate this galaxy

*sigh*, and I thought that if I ever managed to get my ass off this planet and get a chance to journey into the unknown, I would finally be free to exercise my will without having "the Man" upon my back telling me if I'm braking the law or not. Who would of thought the damn Galaxy has rules and regulations to be followed. Do they tax you too?

Edited by chodamunky (04/07/03 03:53 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom