Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefearforce7
addict
Loc: USA
My opinion on strain potency * 1
    #1433903 - 04/06/03 05:40 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I have eaten PESA, Peurta rican and B+. They are all amazing. I hear a lot of people on here saying that B+ is not that potent, but i beg to differ. I tripped friday night on, at the most 15 grams fresh B+ and it was amazing. I did not expect to trip as hard as i did. At one point my girlfriend convinced me to put on a haulter top dress with some pearls and a little barret in my hair. We were both on the floor laughing. I had such a great time. But about the potency, i think they are all about the same, from what i have tried so far.

Thats my 2 cents

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedankhead420
I have the keyto escapereality

Loc: going to hell in bucket
Re: My opinion on strain potency [Re: fearforce7]
    #1434359 - 04/06/03 08:46 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i agree all the cubensis strains have about the same potency. potency comes more from growing conditions.

--------------------
trippin with little baby jesus

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1434748 - 04/06/03 10:23 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I believe that one cube strain is just as potent as the next... but I do tend to think that the way a strain is grown . . . substrate, growth perimeters, etc, can enhance or decrease a mushrooms in potency. Although, even though I do believe all strains are considerably close in potency, there are certain strains that I consume that provide more visuals, more body buzz or more of a mental trip. For example 3.5 grams of pink buffalo gives me a really intense, almost orgasmic feeling, body buzz. Where as 3.5 g of hawaiians or PR will get me just as high mentally but will lack the intense body buzz but will have intense visuals.

It could be all in my mind but I'm not too sure. I had my friend pick out a strain of his choice and give it to me to trip. I tripped then tried to guess the strain. It was a very visual trip so I guess it was PR I ingested and I ended up being right. We did the same thing for the next trip and I had a high body buzz trip with less visuals and when I came down I guessed it was Gulf Coast cause that strain typically gives me that kind of buzz. This wasn't too good of an experimental test, I wasn't blind to what was going on in our little experiment so I have to cinsider my results biased.

I guess the best way to test this experiemental theory would to get 3 test groups of 7 people who had never tripped before and let them trip 5 or 6 times each over a year period. These subjects would all have to be tested at different times so not to alter any test results. For the first test group, Subject #1 I would start off giving him/her a strain that I considered to be visual, then after that I would alternate him on and off strains I would consider visual and strains I consider to give more of a body buzz. For subject #2 I would do the oppisite of that of the first subject. Subject #3 I would start off giving "body buzz strains" for the first 3 trips, then move him to visual strains for the following 2 or 3. Subject #4 I would just the opposite then that for subject #3. For the next 2 subjects, I would keep them strickly on either a visual strain or a body buzz strain. And for the remaining subject I would give him/her a plecebo shrooms with no psychoactive qualities.

For the second test group I would follow the same rules that I did for the first test group but I would tell each subject what strain I was giving them and what I thought it would do for them... i.e. visual or body buzz. I would still keep the last subject in the dark with a plecebo.

For the third test group I would follow the same guide lines as test group one, but I would do the oppisite then that of test group 2. I would give them what I thought was a visual strain and tell them it would give them a body buzz and vice versa. For the plecebo subject, I would tell him I was giving him either visual shroom or a body buzz shroom.

Considering all people react to psilocybin the same, this experiment would prove or disprove that there are strains that provide more visuals or more of a body buzz then others. Of coarse this experient would have to be run numerous time in different setting, at different times of the day, using different test administrators, measuring the psilocybin content of the shrooms, etc.

Sorry this was such a long post. . . most of it on my lame experimental test. I'm sure no one has the time or the resources to perform this experiment. So I guess this topic will never be laid to rest. So let the debating on shroom potency continue.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineMike Elium
.the Mycelium

Loc: on the edge
Re: My opinion on strain potency [Re: djd586]
    #1437095 - 04/07/03 06:09 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

DJD

Your post was quite interesting....but,

Could you please explain as specifically as possible what people usually mean by "Body Buzz?"

Also, is it something usually considered a Good Thing.......cause sometimes I thought I have seen it used in kind of a negative context......thanks....

--------------------
your inside is out, and your outside is in.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: My opinion on strain potency [Re: Mike Elium]
    #1437991 - 04/07/03 11:40 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Baiscally it's a trip where you feel extreamly high but visual hallucenations are less prominient then that of a trip where visuals dominate your world. The visuals on a body buzz high are less consuming and are sometimes limited to breathing walls light halos and still strong but less prominient CEVs. Body highs often provide you with a clearer thought pattern and less confusion.

--------------------

OfflineMike Elium
.the Mycelium

Loc: on the edge
    #1438423 - 04/08/03 05:19 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks, that helps a lot.......and is certainly a positive context..... if I recall, posts which I've seen dissing body highs may just have been critiquing them for not being full-blown visuals.

And I guess this is a completely different concept from "Body Load", which (please tell me if I am correct) IS a negative thing....refers to the degree of uncomfortable effects kind of felt all over your body.... true?

--------------------
your inside is out, and your outside is in.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: My opinion on strain potency [Re: Mike Elium]
    #1439081 - 04/08/03 11:35 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

That is what I assumed it was. Never took the time to research the concept though.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1439107 - 04/08/03 11:44 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I always thought body buzz was when you felt a strong physical high...like tingling etc....

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: My opinion on strain potency [Re: ]
    #1439205 - 04/08/03 12:08 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

it's that too

--------------------

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
    #1439613 - 04/08/03 02:06 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

almost alwyas when I'm coming up on mushrooms my legs "buzz" when I stop moving.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1439970 - 04/08/03 04:22 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

IBut about the potency, i think they are all about the same, from what i have tried so far.

I tend to agree with you.  I did a double bline experiment a few years ago where I had a friend load gelcaps with the same weight from different species that were grown in similiar conditions.  We found that the largest contribution to changes in strength was from tolerance, and not from strain.

The one thing we did notice is that certain strains are more 'speedy' than others.  The PF race, for example, was very speedy compared to B+ which was more mellow.

We didn't really do any standardized testing, so our results are fairly speculative.  Leave it to engineers to turn mushroom growing into some kind of nerdy project.  :smile:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: My opinion on strain potency [Re: Dogomush]
    #1445751 - 04/10/03 04:46 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

And I know that there is significant and demonstrated variations in the potency of cubensis spore races:
Stivje and DeMeijer (1993) demonstrated that a mexican variety of cubensis had a .5% content of psilocin whereas a strain labelled Amazonian had only .33 psilocin in quantative studies.
From experience with atleast twenty variety of cubensis i can tell you with out any doubt that there are significant differences in potency between cubensis spores races.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale