Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Sharing your knowledge . . .
    #1434543 - 04/06/03 11:36 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

This guy I know really want me to show him how to grow mushrooms. There's a part of me that thinks he want to grow for the wrong reasons, i.e., selling them for a profit or whatnot I believe growing mushrooms is an elighting experience that can be very rewarding and shouldn't be grown for this reason

When I first grew mushrooms many years ago I did it all on my own. I spent numerous hours referencing and cross referencing information on the affects mushrooms and how to grow them. I put many hours of of trial and error and experimentation to learn how to grow mushrooms safely and to yeild a productive crop. I don't know if I'm selfish for not wanting to give up my knowledge or I am actually finding a just cause in not wanting to pass on my knowledge.

What do you guys think? Do you readidly pass on your knowlege, or do you consider it sacred? Should I just tell him to start from scratch and learn how to do it his self , the way I learned?

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAuradefect
MisanthropeExtraordinaire

Re: Sharing your knowledge . . . [Re: djd586]
    #1434909 - 04/07/03 01:18 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i try and help pass the knowledge on this board. to me it seem that the majority of the people who come on this board are actaully here to learn and help others learn. if someone asked me to tell them how to grow mushrooms in person i would send them to this site and maybe help answer a few questions if needed. there is just too much one has to learn and i dont think i could say it all in one conversation and feel comfortable that they could go through the whole process safely. the person would need to learn about identifing different contaminants, how to be sterile, the ups and downs of the different teks available, maintaining the proper temp and rh, syringe & print making, and a whole boatload of other information. i really wouldnt want to take that much time explaining the whole process when its all already documented online.

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: Sharing your knowledge . . . [Re: Auradefect]
    #1436260 - 04/07/03 03:14 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

yea i pass on knowlege, i mean if no one passed on knowlege then you wouldent have learned it in the first place right? yup.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

Offlinepsychopsilocyber
[_381_] gnemo

Loc: glyphtown
    #1436293 - 04/07/03 03:27 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I've taught a few friends how to grow, most arent doing it yet though and will need my help once they do. I think everyone should know how easy it is so they could make the decision on their own if they want to grow them.

--------------------
Eco friendly extraction is the only way to go for Dmt, mescaline, and iboga

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #1436366 - 04/07/03 03:55 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I recently taught two of my friends how to grow.

Shrooms are rare over here in portugal. Everyone talks about them but just a few have actually tried them. I would say only 1 % of those who have actually tried them do understand that they are easily growable.

For me this situation is just fine, because authorities don't give a fuck about mushrooms or their cultivation.

My point is don't teach a moron who will brag about growing them and how you taught him. He'll probably teach the whole neighbourhood how to cultivate, and your name can be mentioned.

If he's a good, trusted friend just go ahead and teach him...You might actually trade strains, knowledge, and growing experiences with him in a few months when he has the hang of it  :smile:.

Edited by esin (04/07/03 04:01 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience