Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Annunaki, Ancient Sumeria, Zecharia Sitchin, David Icke, Erich von Daniken, Bob Dean and friends
    #14341877 - 04/24/11 02:09 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

So I've been reading a whole lot of articles, books, transcripts and gathering information on the above topics. Project Camelot and Exopolitics provide an excellent resource and starting point for anyone interested in the matter.

Of course, going through the long hours of reading certainly demands an open mind, but the more you begin to read, the more a lot ideas from Sitchin, Icke etc stop sounding so outlandish. The academic evidence presented really starts to make my head throb.

Even so, applying the theories and whatnot to my own personal beliefs from my own experiences (mostly psychologically) almost seem to mesh perfectly. Wondering if anyone else has read anything like the above and your thoughts on it, or if anyone can cast any credible doubt on the people I've mentioned? So far only scepticism from cynics afraid to face ancient fact seems to be the thing that doubts these people.

The thing too this all does is also removes my blatant disregard for the logical application of information in religious texts. There seems to be two kinds of people in the general population:

-Those who willingly buy in and become brainwashed by the church/es as institutions
-those who flat out refuse to believe or listen to anything as some sort of personal bias or reason causes them to just straight out disregard it all as fantasy

if you push aside the fact that institutionalised religious organisations have rigorously used these texts as basis for their control of populations of people for thousands of years, there are some incredibly interesting assets held in not only the bible, but scores of ancient texts ('religious' or not) that have amazing pools of information regarding the origin of man.

These texts are written by our ancestors, and who should know better about it than those themselves? instead of brushing it off as ancient fairytale drivel, why not try and decode what it has to say and teach us about what was going on all that time ago, and what they might have known about what the future of the world has in store for us? the evidence i've seen is overwhelming (unless someone can discredit it)

for anyone interested i highly suggest checking out the above authors

Edited by indica (04/24/11 02:15 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOwsley2.0
Homo Sapien
Re: Annunaki, Ancient Sumeria, Zecharia Sitchin, David Icke, Erich von Daniken, Bob Dean and friends [Re: indica]
    #14341953 - 04/24/11 02:41 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

This is meant as constructive... As someone who definitely finds icke outlandish, I'm hopeful you can share the academic evidence with us.

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Annunaki, Ancient Sumeria, Zecharia Sitchin, David Icke, Erich von Daniken, Bob Dean and friends [Re: indica]
    #14341963 - 04/24/11 02:46 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

You can always tell when a group of ideas is about to go off the rails. It is when the 'open mind' card is played. :rolleyes:

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#14341968 - 04/24/11 02:49 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

the evidence i've seen is overwhelming

:yawn:

How many times must the nonsense be disected? And must we do this over and over again for every single wide-eyed wanderer that stumbles in here? Why not do a little sketptical research?

--------------------

OfflineOwsley2.0
Homo Sapien
Re: Annunaki, Ancient Sumeria, Zecharia Sitchin, David Icke, Erich von Daniken, Bob Dean and friends [Re: OrgoneConclusion] * 3
    #14342008 - 04/24/11 03:07 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

YouTube can be pretty convincing. Cut him some slack.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Annunaki, Ancient Sumeria, Zecharia Sitchin, David Icke, Erich von Daniken, Bob Dean and friends [Re: Owsley2.0]
    #14342022 - 04/24/11 03:14 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

haven't watched one video, net is capped as i'm away. I was put onto camelot a couple of years ago by a friend of mine, another guy i work with got me onto exopolitics. there's been a few other interjections

i am in the middle of reading through the PDF's on the sumerian texts by Mike Heiser. i have ordered a bunch of books on the topics, so i guess i should have waited another million years before posting anything on the topic

OfflineOwsley2.0
Homo Sapien
    #14342056 - 04/24/11 03:22 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

You mentioned academ evidence but all you're saying is how convinced YOU are. You actually haven't even said anything but combined the titles of the most popular conspiracy theories ever in one sentence. That's it.

"Alex jones, bilderberg, DIA, microchips and the new world order.

The academic evidence is overwhelming. You just gotta be open-minded."

See what I mean?

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Annunaki, Ancient Sumeria, Zecharia Sitchin, David Icke, Erich von Daniken, Bob Dean and friends [Re: Owsley2.0]
    #14342064 - 04/24/11 03:25 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

You mentioned academ evidence but all you're saying is how convinced YOU are.

I repeatedly point out that amazement and enthusiasm are not in any way indicative of validity, but it falls on deaf ears.

--------------------

OfflineOwsley2.0
Homo Sapien
Re: Annunaki, Ancient Sumeria, Zecharia Sitchin, David Icke, Erich von Daniken, Bob Dean and friends [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #14342073 - 04/24/11 03:29 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

lol shoulda waited a million years. Im not sure I even get that one. Will everyone be more open-minded then?

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#14342093 - 04/24/11 03:37 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Most people today are unaware that the whole Roswell nonsense was a non-incident for almost 35 years until a book by (Berlitz?) captured the public's imagination in the '80s.

Similar with Von Daniken. His works were totally discredited some 35 years ago, so he waited until a new generation grew up to regurgitate the same old crap.

Apparently aliens navigated by looking out the porthole. If not for the Nazca lines, it would be impossible for them to figure out where they were.

--------------------

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#14342094 - 04/24/11 03:37 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

i could spend days going back and cntrl+c'ing all the stuff i've been reading but it would be a pointless exercise.  everything would be countered with "its science fiction its nonsense" as i have seen everywhere else. i apologise i'll curb my enthusiasm in future.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#14342099 - 04/24/11 03:39 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

besides by the sounds of it, it seems you guys have read it all anyway i still have some way to go, i thought this would be a good place to share what ive found (as a newcomer) without immediately being shot down. my mistake.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#14342104 - 04/24/11 03:41 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Seeing as how you have presented absolutely nothing but your blown mind, what do you want to discuss? How easily people are taken in by cool-sounding, but baseless ideas?

--------------------

Edited by OrgoneConclusion (04/24/11 03:47 AM)

OfflineOwsley2.0
Homo Sapien
Re: Annunaki, Ancient Sumeria, Zecharia Sitchin, David Icke, Erich von Daniken, Bob Dean and friends [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #14342131 - 04/24/11 03:50 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

No ones claiming anythings true or untrue but yourself. Or am I wrong? Do you not feel as though your thread title (that's all the content you've described) is true? If you do, you don't expect anyone to believe were all food for the reptilians without providing the "academic evidence" do you?

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#14342136 - 04/24/11 03:55 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

"or if anyone can cast any credible doubt on the people I've mentioned?"

Quote:

(unless someone can discredit it)

I am just as open to reading anything on the topic. No need to be a blatant cunt to me about it.

Invisiblequinn
some kinda love
 User Gallery

#14342144 - 04/24/11 03:56 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

i don't doubt they were probably people :confused2:

--------------------
dripping with fantasy

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#14342151 - 04/24/11 03:59 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I don't expect anyone to believe anything I have to say, I'm only relatively new to the topic myself (with a long standing interest in it all), I'm just quite fascinated by the whole deal and thought I'd share it. Should have expected to be shot down immediately.
besides, i'm not going to get into a pointless forum argument about it and measure dicks with trolls.  if anyone can give me any recommended links to anything you think is relevant to the subject I am more than happy to check them out.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#14342163 - 04/24/11 04:11 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I don't expect anyone to believe anything I have to say,

We are still waiting for you to ACTUALLY say something. Do you have a topic or not?

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Annunaki, Ancient Sumeria, Zecharia Sitchin, David Icke, Erich von Daniken, Bob Dean and friends [Re: quinn]
    #14342166 - 04/24/11 04:13 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

quinn said:
Quote:

i don't doubt they were probably people :confused2:

For realz?

--------------------

OfflineOwsley2.0
Homo Sapien
    #14342173 - 04/24/11 04:21 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Op, I don't believe you.

Tell me now, what do I not believe?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom