Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNirvana
ScentlessApprentice

Halogen Lighting...
    #1433476 - 04/06/03 12:45 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hey all,
I've had a grow kit in a propagator for 6 days now and it has shown no signs of growth at ALL! (piece of shit). The conditions are fine, 80 humid. and 26deg. celsius temp.

I am not using perlite, my propagator has 2cm of water on the bottom. I added a TINY drop of bleach to this to keep it sterile.

One thing I have not been giving the kit is light, the reason being that I heard you only need light once the mushrooms start to pin. Now I've read that you need light to make them pin!  Which of these is true??

Anyway, does anyone know those fibroptic lamps you get? It's a rotating lamp with different colours and strands of fibre to give a multicoloured light to your room. Well anyway, I took the fibres out and have the lamp turned upside down on top of my propagator shining on the kit.

It looks quite surreal, the colours include bright white, blue, red, green... Does anyone know if this light will be OK to grow 'shrooms under??

Thanks in advance  :grin:

--------------------
====* I Made My Avatar *====

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Halogen Lighting... [Re: Nirvana]
    #1433577 - 04/06/03 01:55 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

normal lighting is fine... i've found a couple minutes of sunlight a day to work great. 6 days is not a long time. they need light to pin though. if they're getting light, don't worry about 6 days going by.

kits are garbage.

OfflineNirvana
ScentlessApprentice

Re: Halogen Lighting... [Re: Nirvana]
    #1433579 - 04/06/03 01:55 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I've taken apart the lamp and it shines bright white now, now mixed colours. Still, it's halogen. Will this be suffice?
Should I be worried that nothings happened to my kit in 6 days?

--------------------
====* I Made My Avatar *====

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag