Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNirvana
ScentlessApprentice

Halogen Lighting...
    #1433476 - 04/06/03 02:45 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hey all,
I've had a grow kit in a propagator for 6 days now and it has shown no signs of growth at ALL! (piece of shit). The conditions are fine, 80 humid. and 26deg. celsius temp.

I am not using perlite, my propagator has 2cm of water on the bottom. I added a TINY drop of bleach to this to keep it sterile.

One thing I have not been giving the kit is light, the reason being that I heard you only need light once the mushrooms start to pin. Now I've read that you need light to make them pin!  Which of these is true??

Anyway, does anyone know those fibroptic lamps you get? It's a rotating lamp with different colours and strands of fibre to give a multicoloured light to your room. Well anyway, I took the fibres out and have the lamp turned upside down on top of my propagator shining on the kit.

It looks quite surreal, the colours include bright white, blue, red, green... Does anyone know if this light will be OK to grow 'shrooms under??

Thanks in advance  :grin:

--------------------
====* I Made My Avatar *====

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Halogen Lighting... [Re: Nirvana]
    #1433577 - 04/06/03 03:55 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

normal lighting is fine... i've found a couple minutes of sunlight a day to work great. 6 days is not a long time. they need light to pin though. if they're getting light, don't worry about 6 days going by.

kits are garbage.

OfflineNirvana
ScentlessApprentice

Re: Halogen Lighting... [Re: Nirvana]
    #1433579 - 04/06/03 03:55 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I've taken apart the lamp and it shines bright white now, now mixed colours. Still, it's halogen. Will this be suffice?
Should I be worried that nothings happened to my kit in 6 days?

--------------------
====* I Made My Avatar *====

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation