Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJeeashrooma
TrippinFace

Dose Size/Ego Death
    #14330118 - 04/21/11 09:11 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

So sorry if this has been covered before - I've done a few searches and can't seem to come up with a thread directly addressing this question...

For those of you who have experienced ego death, how many grams did you have to eat?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Dose Size/Ego Death [Re: Jeeashrooma]
    #14330321 - 04/21/11 10:09 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Last time... 7 gm p. cyan, and 7 gm p. pelliculosa

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

InvisibleFleshCap
FleshCap
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali Underground Flag
Re: Dose Size/Ego Death [Re: HarryL]
    #14330475 - 04/21/11 10:39 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

The Terence McKenna Hero's Dose is 5 Dried Grams...This usually does the trick for me and others I've spoken to. Last time I did this I was lucky to have a sitter around because I attempted to do some irrational actions.

As always with large doses, it's best to plan ahead, and be safe.

--------------------

Offlinegotmagic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Southern California
Re: Dose Size/Ego Death [Re: FleshCap]
    #14330951 - 04/21/11 11:53 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I took 2.5 grams mostly caps in pitch black and I totally died left my body through the famous tunnel. IT was an ETERNITY (if you want to use the failure of a concept "time") craziest trip i've ever had to this day

--------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.—Albert Einstein

Offlinetizjack
Tizzy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria Flag
Re: Dose Size/Ego Death [Re: gotmagic]
    #14331064 - 04/22/11 12:15 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

4-5grams of dried p.Subaeruginosa for me. Also in order to reach ego death, it has to be pitch black. in my opinion.

--------------------

OfflineJeeashrooma
TrippinFace

#14332381 - 04/22/11 09:14 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

14 grams total??

I've eaten 5g the last couple of trips I've taken and I would describe the experiences as more ego bruising than ego death - a very rewarding experience but no clear loss of boundaries between myself/the rest of existence, etc etc.

Funny how much the reported dose seems to vary, but in thinking about how we all have a natural tendency to hold on to our egos, I suppose its going to be different for everyone in that the strength of the grip one has on their ego is going to be different from person to person.

OfflineJeeashrooma
TrippinFace

#14332393 - 04/22/11 09:16 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry, the 14g reference was @HarryL

Offlinejustin340
Rock Star
Male User Gallery

#14332462 - 04/22/11 09:35 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

i can experience it by .1 grams possibly by licking it or sniffing some.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #14332916 - 04/22/11 11:31 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

For those of you who have experienced ego death, how many grams did you have to eat?

Meh, what is this "ego" you want to kill? :laugh2: 

:peace:PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineJeeashrooma
TrippinFace

Re: Dose Size/Ego Death [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #14333189 - 04/22/11 12:47 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

this thing right here:

Per Wikipedia:

"In spirituality, and especially nondual, mystical and eastern meditative traditions, the human being is often conceived as being in the illusion of individual existence, and separated from other aspects of creation. This "sense of doership" or sense of individual existence is that part which believes it is the human being, and believes it must fight for itself in the world, is ultimately unaware and unconscious of its own true nature. The ego is often associated with mind and the sense of time, which compulsively thinks in order to be assured of its future existence, rather than simply knowing its own self and the present."

OfflineAnthony917
why dont we do it in the road
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Dose Size/Ego Death [Re: justin340]
    #14333214 - 04/22/11 12:53 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

justin340 said:
i can experience it by .1 grams possibly by licking it or sniffing some.

:rail2: lol

OP it took me 3.5g of Psiloycbe cyanescens

--------------------
Prisoner#1 said: I got my ass kicked by a 9yo when I was 17
Trippin? Click Me

What is life? I'm tired of life...

OfflineThe Is
Strangest
Male

Loc: North American Continent
Re: Dose Size/Ego Death [Re: Anthony917]
    #14333500 - 04/22/11 01:47 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Haha, eighth to the face.

I want to go for 7 grams of some cube. Most I've done is...maybe half of that.

I think it'd be insane.

--------------------
Just say know.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#14333574 - 04/22/11 02:00 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

this thing right here:

Per Wikipedia:

"In spirituality, and especially nondual, mystical and eastern meditative traditions, the human being is often conceived as being in the illusion of individual existence, and separated from other aspects of creation. This "sense of doership" or sense of individual existence is that part which believes it is the human being, and believes it must fight for itself in the world, is ultimately unaware and unconscious of its own true nature. The ego is often associated with mind and the sense of time, which compulsively thinks in order to be assured of its future existence, rather than simply knowing its own self and the present."

Well, in your OWN words now, why do you think this is worth turning off, and do you imagine if you go there you can take anything along on the trip?

--------------------

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineJeeashrooma
TrippinFace

Re: Dose Size/Ego Death [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #14336303 - 04/23/11 12:10 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Keeping in mind I'm not actually a licensed therapist;

The ego is actually a valuable asset in that it translates our inner desires into the personality we use to achieve them. Without it, as our little friends have shown me time and time again, we possess immense ability to feel deeply about our passions and values, but little in the way of an interface to allow us to negotiate our way through the human world of words and speak and such. So we achieve a sort of star-child status, but with the age old problem of how to convince the rest of the world we're all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively etc etc.

Now the problem, as I am experiencing it, is that the ego, while necessary and just there whether you like it or not, somehow just seems to incorporate flaws in its design as its built over time. Blame it on whatever you will; an imperfect world, oversexed imagery, lack of hugs, whatever - as time goes on we start to develop hangups on things we want but can't have. Boobity hoo. A great microcosm of this process is the few days after a really intense trip - The clarity of the vision we had starts to blur as time passes - why? I'm starting to get the sense that its because, although we've had the slate wiped clean, we're still deposited 5 hours later into the same life we left - the same bills nagging away at you, the same dishes needing to be washed, the same relationships we wish were stronger.. my ego's already got a whole list of this crap and I've only came down 2 hours ago. ugh.

The uptick! By wiping the slate clean for a while you're put more solidly in touch with the passions and values that are true to your character - the stuff thats left over when all the other crap gets wiped off your mind. And if you're reeaaallly lucky and brave (or just took enough, 7g cube in my case, guess I had to just answer it for myself) even these get caught up and wiped away, and all you have is simple awareness of the energy matrix pulsing through every fiber of your physical body that rings in harmony with and does some kind of wierd call and response to other life, a fact you somehow need no convincing of, I guess, because like hearing or seeing you're just sensing it.

As time goes on your poor battered ego begins to reassemble itself. You start to feel like 'you' again, but something's different. You're not the starchild of a few hours ago, but you still REMEMBER. You remember the things that are important to you, the things that were the last bits that you held on to before they too were wiped away. And now you remember that THOSE are the values worth keeping and fighting for and the plan is so OBVIOUS!!!!

(Enter oversexed imagery, big macs, mmorpg's, justin bieber, bill from your car lease for the parking ticket you got while visiting NYC 3 months ago with added fees)

I know I remember..  something......

Seriously though, I do still remember. Silly ego is dropping back onto me even as I type, but for a brief period I can at least make a few choices with a clear head. Hopefully I'll be thanking myself for at least one of them in a few days.

Right now though I finna get me a big mac.

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
    #14336354 - 04/23/11 12:21 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Note: pelliculosa are very weak actually... 7 gm are equal to a gm or two of stronger mushrooms

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

OfflineJohnny Depp
 User Gallery
    #14336374 - 04/23/11 12:26 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Edited by Johnny Depp (12/19/14 04:17 AM)

OfflineGlayvin
Desert Species
Male

Loc: Arizona, USA Flag
Re: Dose Size/Ego Death [Re: Johnny Depp]
    #14336625 - 04/23/11 01:12 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Johnny Depp said:
5 grams sounds about right as a starting point.  I mean, I guess I've experienced ego death, but it's not something I seek or celebrate.  Other aspects of tripping are much more desirable.  There's all kinds of fun thangs that can happen when you're high enough to forget who you are other than forgetting who you are.

IMHO ego death gets all this focus just because it sounds cool when you say/write it.  EGO DEATH!!  OOOOooooooohh!!!:rolleyes:

That, and the fact that ego death (as a term) humanizes the psychedelic experience. To believe that there is something absolute or obtainable at the 'end' of psychedelia harmonizes with everyday-human goal-oriented behavior.

As soon as we start assigning characteristics or prerequisites to the experience, we dilute the meaning of what it is conceptually (an embodiment of truth...or something entirely different).

OfflineAnthony917
why dont we do it in the road
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #14336950 - 04/23/11 03:04 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

HarryL said:
Note: pelliculosa are very weak actually... 7 gm are equal to a gm or two of stronger mushrooms

this is completely and totally FALSE. Liberty caps are one of the most potent shrooms out there by weight, except cyanescens and azures I believe.

--------------------
Prisoner#1 said: I got my ass kicked by a 9yo when I was 17
Trippin? Click Me

What is life? I'm tired of life...

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Dose Size/Ego Death [Re: Anthony917]
    #14343749 - 04/24/11 02:32 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Anthony917 said:
Quote:

HarryL said:

this is completely and totally FALSE. Liberty caps are one of the most potent shrooms out there by weight, except cyanescens and azures I believe.

Wrong species comparison there, the reference was to pelliculosa not semilanceata.:shrug:

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#14343764 - 04/24/11 02:36 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The ego is actually a valuable asset in that it translates our inner desires into the personality we use to achieve them.

Hmm. Curious analysis.  Since IME it's completely possible to function perfectly (and well) without any sort of thought process that results in entertaining thoughts (which is all the ego does IME) it's only an asset so long as your partitioned mind needs it.

(OK, well the rest is just my opinion here, so don't nobody bitch about it. If you want it you can have it too, just like the Buddha said.  You just have to want it badly enough. :lol:)

Quote:

So we achieve a sort of star-child status, but with the age old problem of how to convince the rest of the world we're all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively etc etc.

You don't.  First of all, you can't, 'cause we aren't all one consciousness.  One consciousness is what we all are (in a sense) but not the other way around.  Secondly it's pointless to try, as you find out as soon as you engage the remnants of your self-identity to try and explain why you ain't got one anymore. :laugh2:  But ultimately anybody who talks to you about this stuff just experiences you as a mirror of their own mind, which might make them a bit itchy but doesn't violate any of their deeply held illusions.  Just sayin' don't even try to go there.

Ah well, as to the rest - you built your own "ego" whatever it is.  You can unbuild it and replace it with whatever you like, or with absolutely nothing, whatever suits you, any time you feel like doing it.  Hard maybe to get around to feeling like doing it.

Put another way, it's just "chop wood, carry water."  Egoless existence is just like ordinary life, only about 1000 times better.  But you still "chop wood, carry water."  You made the whole show in the first place - might as well enjoy it.

And yeah, I went through what you're describing many many times.  Hundreds of times before it started to stick.  Now I can turn it on or turn it off, but I also see there's no particular difference, no requirement to "be" any particular way.  The flexibility is cool 'cause when you finally end up in the moment all the time, you can't be dislodged any more.

Happy journeys!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract