Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

*DELETED*
    #1413613 - 03/27/03 06:42 AM (21 years, 7 days ago)

Post deleted by OctopusDr

Reason for deletion: Does not contribute.

Edited by OctopusDr (08/03/11 07:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

. [Re: OctopusDr]
    #1414580 - 03/27/03 01:40 PM (21 years, 7 days ago)

Does not contribute.

Edited by OctopusDr (08/03/11 08:01 PM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Gainesville hunters? [Re: OctopusDr]
    #1414700 - 03/27/03 02:36 PM (21 years, 7 days ago)

IT was a shroom capital in the 1960s because no one knew there were shrooms in the Pacific Northwest.

The shroom in question was Psilocybe cuybensis which was very popular with only college kids and a few hippies who refered to Gainesville as the shroom capital of the world.

And for only one shroom.

In fact at that time, many did not know that the shrooms were also common from Texas to Florida and north to Georgia.

But agian that was only one shroom.

AS I noted above a few times already, the PNW is the shroom capital of the whole world and not becasue of psilocy=bine mushrooms, although we have over 18 known species inthe PNW. IT is the edible and vast amount of non-edibles, alnmost between 4000 to 5000 species, making it the shroom capita;l of the world.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1414734 - 03/27/03 02:47 PM (21 years, 7 days ago)

Octopus Drive says
Quote:

Im a pretty experienced hunter/gatherer.

If you were really an experienced hunter gatherer you would not be asking for help steering you in the right direction.

Shit I go to the middle of southeast asia and find thm without asking anyone where they are.

You see, I too am an experience hunter/gatherer.

Anyway good luck.

By the way - We are not allow to give specific locations.

If you are in Gainesville then you should not have any trouble finding a field without asking sometone to steer you in the right direction.

I only bring this up because you said you were an experienced hunter/gatherer.

This kinda reminds me of another tale from the shroom.

Dr. Andrew weill once introduced me to a Navajo medicine man, a shaman named Cody and asked me if I would share some of the magic with his friend Cody.

I gave this medicine man a Ritz Cracker box filled with Psilocybe cyanescens.

about a half an hour later, Cody comes to me to inform me that he set his box of shrooms down and when he went to pick it up it disappeared and could he please get some more.

Well my only thought at first was,

It is really sad when a medicine man loses his medicine..

The moral is that if you are experienced, then you need not ask others here to establish your expeirience for you by pointing you in the right direction.

mj

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: Gainesville hunters? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1414749 - 03/27/03 02:51 PM (21 years, 7 days ago)

Nice tale MJ.. :grin: 

--------------------
http://heffter.org

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

. [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1414751 - 03/27/03 02:52 PM (21 years, 7 days ago)

Post deleted by OctopusDr<p>Reason for deletion: Does not contribute.

Edited by OctopusDr (08/03/11 07:59 PM)

InvisibleTxTec
Texas home andheart breaker...

#1415101 - 03/27/03 05:11 PM (21 years, 7 days ago)

Stick your experianced nose out the window and stop when you smell huge piles of cow shit dumbass... :confused:

--------------------
I felt a warm warm breeze that melted metal and steele

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1416232 - 03/28/03 08:54 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Gainesville still is the shroom capital of the United States.

See, mj, the difference between Seattle & Gainesville is that Gainesville has Cubies & Seattle does not.

Keep on shroomin,

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1416307 - 03/28/03 10:47 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

The liberty cap mushroom is a symbol of the north..
-I would say that liberty caps are more of a Canadian mushroom than an American mushroom (not to say that they dont grow in the usa but more prominantly spread throughout Canadian provinces)

In American mushroom-lore, i think the symbol most often identified as a Shroom is in the shape of the Cubensis (fat blue/white stems, golden caps, brown gills, and a purple ring or veil around the stem). The stories about the hippies in the 60's picking pound upon pounds of Cubies from cow shit in Florida are true, and that seems to be the universal myth-concensus amoungst Americans as to where in the country the magic mushrooms grow.

Anyways, to answer mjshroomers question correctly; Mexico is the shroom capital of the whole world, not the PNW. :tongue:

Keep shroomin,
GG   

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Gainesville hunters? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1416566 - 03/29/03 05:09 AM (21 years, 5 days ago)

The liberty cap mushrooms are named after the Phygian hemmuts worn by patriots during the French Revolution.

Liberty caps grow in southern portion of British Columbia on the west coast. They do not grow in Alberta, Saskatchawan, Ontario, Quebec, the northern territiries, so that is 90 percent of Canada and then they grow on the east coast in Nova Scotia, New Brunswicjk and on Prince Edward Island.

They grow in upper state New York which is trhe only stae with themn besides the Pacific Northwest where they are abundant.

They also growin in most European COuntries, Australia, New Zealand, India and Peru. But they do not grow in Pennsylvania,. Ohio, Illionis Wisconsin, Minnisota, North and South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana nor in Idaho. They are not a Canadian mushroom.

AS for Mexico, They have the most species of Psilocybe (54) but they do not have a large abundance of Edible shrooms in Mexico.

Pennsylvania is considered the edible caputal of the world becaause they grow the most edible mushrooms in the USA and Europe.

We have over 5000 varieties of shrooms throughout the region here GGreatOne234.. Yes you can pick several pounds of cubensis in a field, but here you can pick twenty pounds of blue ringers off of a lawn, and Blue Ringers grow all year long in Seattle. Way more than any field of cubensis can produce and on a small lawn at that and you can pick P. cyanescens in woodchips in large laptches as weell as Azurescens or a few hundred thousand P. pelliculosas in forestClearcuts.

To base the worklds shroom capital on a single shroom, only picked by a small segment of those who eat shrooms is not reliable data.

But one thing About P. cubensis it is the most common of shrooms that is growin whose use is dpread around the world..

if the images were working I could show you the images of Mrs. X's Lawn from Mercer Island. Over two hundred pounds of P. cyanescens in a single back yard.

Imageine a field of that many cubensis. Yo would have to pick for five years to attain that many shrooms.

Mj/.

Shit, a few years ago in England a giant patch of more than 100,000 Psilocybe yanescens were forund in woodchips dumped at a large racetrack.

I have the newclippings on that one.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1416572 - 03/29/03 05:38 AM (21 years, 5 days ago)

I wanted to add to GGreatOne234's note above from Paul Stamet's page 5, last paragraph at the bottom of the page on him and his friends first discovery in 1975=76 of Psilocybe stuntzii (blue Ringers) on a lawn.

Quote:

The mother lode must have numbered into the tens of thousands. There were so many mushrooms that the caps tightly touched, creating an elevated plateau four inches above the ground. The force of the fruiting was so great that sticks, leaves, everything, was lifted up over a contiguous fifty-byfifty-foot area...Since the patch was located directly across the street fro9m a busy Seattle police station, we began filling the paper sacks in great haste. Sefveral students, noting our distinctive posture, stopped to join in the foray. To this day I have never seen another outdoor patch with such a concentrated eruption of mushrooms."

You could never find that many P. cubensis anywhere in the world in one small location.

Of course Paul stays in his lab most of the day growing edibles and has not been out picking for years except during theTtelluride Mushroom conferences in Colorado, conferences where they go on edible mushroom forays.. You can see some of Paul's Reesh mushrooms growing at his farm. Roadkill and I both posted photos from our visit at Paul's Farm last Wednesday at the Gourmet and Medicinal Shroom Forum here at the shroomery.

And shit, we still cannot post images.

mj

Offlinejahfeelirie
meatwad

#1433134 - 04/06/03 09:00 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i remember that one... i believe it was PNW near surrounding an energy substation?

--------------------
my signature is too long

Edited by jahfeelirie (04/06/03 09:01 AM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Gainesville hunters? [Re: jahfeelirie]
    #1433351 - 04/06/03 11:38 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

YEs the patch Paul is referring to was at a power station but not in the University disctrict as he said in thebook nor near the Police station patch which Paul described in his books. He combined two locations as one tso people would not go looking but those patches were gone years ago in the middle 1970s and early 19980s.

mj

Of course ther eare many lawns still which grow as Paul described, only they are few and far inbetween on another.

mj

Offlinef8L
Triumph

#1437123 - 04/07/03 06:18 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Octopus.. Private message me-- i live in Gainesville...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck