Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Sen John Kerry statement=Fall of the democratic party
    #1432329 - 04/05/03 08:14 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

"What we need now is not just a regime change in Saddam Hussein and Iraq, but we need a regime change in the United States."

Democratic Sen John Kerry, accusing U.S. President George Bush of alienating allies around the world with the war in Iraq

I know we've all heard it, but nothing good came of it. Many are discusted with the democratic party's comments on this war and as more and more truths about this war come forth it will further the demise of the democratic party.

Just one example: The democrats tried to scare people in saying that 250,000 soldiers will die in this war. Thus far, 2 weeks mind you, minimal casualties have been taken and the war is nearing it's end. Democrats said this would be another Vietnam. Vietnam lasted 10 years and only 55,000 soldiers were lost. Where do they come up with 250,000? Whats with the scare tactics dumbocrats? Your tactics aren't working and your party is falling.

Mind you it all doesn't revolve around Kerry's comments, it's a conglomeration of all the paraniods.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Sen John Kerry statement=Fall of the democratic party [Re: TackleBerry]
    #1432335 - 04/05/03 08:15 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Ya, like the Republicans haven't been wrong before...

Weren't they saying that all the Iraqi troops would be surrendering on site and not putting up a fight?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Edited by silversoul7 (04/05/03 08:16 PM)

Anonymous

#1432340 - 04/05/03 08:17 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

now that's just silly.

Anonymous

#1432343 - 04/05/03 08:20 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hold on, I forgot to add a couple these so I don't get banned  :smile: :laugh: :smile: :laugh: :laugh: :grin:

Anonymous

#1432382 - 04/05/03 08:39 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

In this current political climate each party is making egregious errors.  This was unwise of the Democrats and will be used agaisnt them in the upcoming elections.

What are they trying to do?  Help President Bush get re-elected?  :confused:

They need to go back to the ol' stratagem of Herr Klinton and respond to the polls which show that most Americans favor this stuff.  If Kerry is bidding for election he is losing ground on this score.

And btw, there will be no chicanery this coming presidential election.  The votes will be electronic.  No more pulling chads out of anyone's ass. :smile:

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #1432431 - 04/05/03 09:05 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Just one example: The democrats tried to scare people in saying that 250,000 soldiers will die in this war. Thus far, 2 weeks mind you, minimal casualties have been taken and the war is nearing it's end. Democrats said this would be another Vietnam. Vietnam lasted 10 years and only 55,000 soldiers were lost. Where do they come up with 250,000? Whats with the scare tactics dumbocrats? Your tactics aren't working and your party is falling.

No, the dems never said it would be a blood bath like that. I think you're thinking of cable tv pundits. Lol.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Sen John Kerry statement=Fall of the democratic party [Re: silversoul7]
    #1432436 - 04/05/03 09:08 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Weren't they saying that all the Iraqi troops would be surrendering on site and not putting up a fight?

they've been putting up a fight?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous

Re: Sen John Kerry statement=Fall of the democratic party [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1432452 - 04/05/03 09:14 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

No, the dems never said it would be a blood bath like that. I think you're thinking of cable tv pundits. Lol. 

There's a difference?

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
    #1432473 - 04/05/03 09:23 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Actually, it's the ballsiest thing a politician has done in this country in a very long time. But then again Kerry is a decorated (Silver Star, one short of the Congressional Medal of Honor) combat veteran.

Let's tally up the combat medals of the asswipes who are in charge shall we?

Bush: saved his sorry ass in the National Guard, to which he didn't even show up half the time.
Cheney: Had better things to do
Rumself: Was born at precisely the right time to just miss Korea and be too old for Vietnam. No combat experience.
Rice: Ugly as a war zone, but no, she hasn't seen combat either.

Grand total: Zero medals, zero combat experience.

All of them a bunch of asswipes who are happy to let 18 year olds die so they can play toy soldier.

I'm not worried about 2004. No amount of success in Iraq will save Bush's sorry ass when it comes to the economy, and he'll find out just like his dad did that that is the bottom line.

Edited by EchoVortex (04/05/03 09:26 PM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Sen John Kerry statement=Fall of the democratic party [Re: EchoVortex]
    #1432480 - 04/05/03 09:27 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

There's a difference between being ballsy and just being a prick. I think he sealed his own fate when he opened his mouth during a time when he should of just shut it.

Be honest here, does anyone actually think he has a snowballs chance in hell in winning?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: Sen John Kerry statement=Fall of the democratic party [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1432491 - 04/05/03 09:34 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Kerry is an unamerican piece of shit that wants to take away our 2nd amendment. This statement is one of the only things he's said I really agree with but he's still a worthless fucktard. He's not winning any points with me by criticizing Bush, but he's shrewdly trying to win the liberal core that he needs to swing a primary vote. My $0.02.

--------------------

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1432505 - 04/05/03 09:40 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Grand total: Zero medals, zero combat experience.

What about Colin Powell?

Quote:

I'm not worried about 2004. No amount of success in Iraq will save Bush's sorry ass when it comes to the economy, and he'll find out just like his dad did that that is the bottom line.

I'm not sure, the circumstances were much different in the 92 elections. For one, there wasn't broad blind patriotism fueling the country. But I hope you are right.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
    #1432518 - 04/05/03 09:45 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Just one example: The democrats tried to scare people in saying that 250,000 soldiers will die in this war. Thus far, 2 weeks mind you, minimal casualties have been taken and the war is nearing it's end. Democrats said this would be another Vietnam. Vietnam lasted 10 years and only 55,000 soldiers were lost. Where do they come up with 250,000?

Where did you come up with that info?

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Anonymous

#1432519 - 04/05/03 09:47 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, real ballsy. Just about as ballsy as Hillary! half clapping at President Bush's speech to the Joint Session of Congress after her state was attacked on 9/11.

And just as "ballsy" as her husband Herr Klinton vetoed partial birth abortion when the majority of America wanted it banned.

Ballsy is another euphemism for stupid.

Tell ya what. Put your money where your mouth is. I wager you any reasonable sum that Bush Jr. is re-elected.

Put up or shut up.

What's it gonna be?

Cheers,

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #1432646 - 04/05/03 10:51 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

"We Nothing to Fear but Fear Itself" - FDR

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Sen John Kerry statement=Fall of the democratic party [Re: Skikid16]
    #1432649 - 04/05/03 10:54 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Colin Powell, the "patriot" who rose to fame fetching water and then denying My Lai. Too bad the truth did finally come out, regardless of his attempt to suppress it. He never saw combat in fact, if you look up exactly what he got his 3 medals for, they were:

Stepping on a punji stick ( non combat related)
Rescuing 2 people from a downed chopper (noncombat related-- they really should develop a chopper that can stay up in the air, shouldnt they?)

As for Kerry, I think that this was an incredibly smart move, especially being a democrat in a republican lite party. There are many democrats that have become frustrated by the fact that their party no longer stands for anything but being a lapdog to the whims of the current administration and if he does win the nomination, he will get some serious vote backing from the democratic constituents of this nation. Especially as the economy continues to nose dive due to this war. Money has a hell of a way of making people wake up and take a stand.

Besides, what does he have to lose? Either he gets a presidential nomination and a very good shot at the whitehouse, or he stays a senator-- Mass is a very democratic state, always has been. Atleast he spoke his conscience and many seem to think he is doing a fantastic job fielding the insults from the repub party as well as the whole, shut up you unamerican sentiment. This man actually served in combat for this country unlike any of the current chickenhawks of this administation, to question his patriotism is not only absurb but just shows how low people who sit in glass houses will go.

--------------------

Edited by PsiloKitten (04/05/03 11:01 PM)

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Sen John Kerry statement=Fall of the democratic party [Re: ]
    #1432657 - 04/05/03 10:59 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Also, Mr Mushroom.. where are your statistics for half of america wanting a ban on Partial Birth Abortions?

I simply do not believe that is true as everyone knows that is just a foot in to try to ban abortion, period. Not to mention the fact that half of america thinks partial birth abortion means saying, "Wait I dont want this baby" after the head pops out and then chopping it off with a machete. Instead of what it is, which is largely a medical practice used to save the lives of mothers and terminate nonviable fetuses as well as those that have been diagnosed with genetic maladies such as down syndrome which cannot be diagnosed prior to the 30th week of pregnancy due to the tests available. All consentual medical abortions on viable foetuses must be carried out prior to the 13th week.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Sen John Kerry statement=Fall of the democratic party [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1432658 - 04/05/03 11:02 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

You want stats, look 'em up.  I know more about abortion they you will ever know.  :smirk:

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Sen John Kerry statement=Fall of the democratic party [Re: ]
    #1432661 - 04/05/03 11:04 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

You want stats, look 'em up.  I know more about abortion they you will ever know.  :smirk: 

That statement seems pretty arrogant and presumptuous.  Tell me what makes you such an expert on the issue?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: Sen John Kerry statement=Fall of the democratic party [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1432664 - 04/05/03 11:05 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Also, Mr Mushroom.. where are your statistics for half of america wanting a ban on Partial Birth Abortions?

73 percent of American support a ban on "Partial Birth Abortion."

I like your nick, btw.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies