Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepillsbury420
psychedelicscientist

Awesome shrooms, friend tripped out. Need advice :(
    #1423515 - 04/02/03 03:10 PM (21 years, 17 hours ago)

Hi all. Last night.. me.. my friend of many years and my girlfriend each ate about 3 grams dry of some awesome shrooms. Me and this friend have tripped shrooms a lot together. in fact, nearly anytime i've taken acid or shrooms, it's been with him. Anyway, things started out like usuall.. we began to trip. My friend made his way into my band room to play some guitar.. he does this often when tripping. Anyway, my girlfriend and i followed him. We sat back there talking and what not... It just so happend that my roomate was in the other room fighting with his girlfriend. This is when bad things started happening. All of the sudden my friend says "Are we back here, in this room because they are fighting?? Since when did this house become only theirs??? Don't you live here too??" I tried to explain to him that them fighting had nothing to do with us being in the room, the only reason we were in the band room is because we followed him in there. He went on saying "why are you guys trying to keep me back here? are you trying to keep me away from that? if thats the case i can just go home...." It was very very strange... things got worse from there. We went into the living room... we were peaking at this point... me and my girlfriend were looking out the window... this freaked my friend out... i said i was gonna go outside to look around in the back yard at our trees... this also freaked my friend out.. he was convinced that since i had neighbors the cops would end up being called if i were walking around in my yard... Trying to assure him that we were safe, i tried to let him know that i threw away all of my exaushted cakes to assure him that we had nothing illegal in the house anyway... this only struck up more paranoia.. this triggered my friend to believe that me and my girlfriend were trying to convince him that the cops were watching my house.. my friend has freaked out on weed before but out of all the times we've tripped it's never happend.. we've had our trip freakouts but nothing like this.. he frantically wanted to go home.. He went and got my sober roomate to take him to his house.. he was convinced that my girlfriend and i were trying really hard to freak him out.. when all i was trying to do was calm him down. I'd never try to mess with someone while tripping.. i'm experinced in psychedelics and i know that is a horrible thing to do, especially to a close friend. Anyway.. before he left he said "Man, you are trying to fuck with me hardcore.. but it's not just you.. it's everyone.. everyone is trying to fuck with me" sound like a john nash quote or what??.... then my roomate took him home.. now at this point.. my girlfriend and i begin to freak out... my friend still lives with his mom... terrible thoughts of him getting home tripping and his mom freaking out and taking him to the hospital, then the cops being called on me... ideas like this kept racing through my head.. it ruined my trip.. these mushrooms were STRONG... Anyway... i wake up this morning.. go to work as usuall... and i wait to see my friend online. Im convinced that he'll get on and say something to the effect of "those shrooms were very powerfull man.. i freaked out.. sorry" but that didn't happen. When he got online it's like he brought the paranoia from the trip with him. He speaks to me very negativly... he says that my girlfriend and i were trying to fuck with him.... he says that i've been hanging around some bad influences and that by the way i was acting it looked like they were rubbing off on me. This guy, one of my best friends is insulting my character.. sill blaming me for him freaking out.. when all i was doing was trying my damndest to calm him down. I don't know what to do... we dont' usually have problems like this... do you guys have any advice? I understand that we were all on strong shrooms.. but he doesnt see it as that.. he still see's it that i was being an asshole and trying to freak him out... he was so far gone while tripping he sounded like a skitzo... it seems like it hasn't gone away... so what do i do? any advice would be greatly appreciated.. thanks.

--------------------
The day you were born, you were born free. That is your privilege.

I forgot to remember.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineicewall
journeyman
Re: Awesome shrooms, friend tripped out. Need advice :( [Re: pillsbury420]
    #1424108 - 04/02/03 06:55 PM (21 years, 13 hours ago)

hmmmm.... perhaps u could try and tell him that he imagined the whole thing! i mean it worked on one of my friends... i told him that i was speaking in a very calm voice very softly and he believed me after thinkign about it... while this sounds like it wont work it cant hurt to try something to that affect.

tell him how could EVERYONE hate him all of a sudden and do such a hoprrible thing to him. try and talk to him and tell him to forget about it, that IF u were to agree that u did this that he should forgive u cuz u were under the influence and ur thoughts werent rational (neither WERE HIS!)

other then that????? WAIT! as time passes he may forgive u but dont loose a friend over something so small (mushies) DONT give up!

i hope i helped... i dought i can hand u the solution, but at least u might be able to spin off some ideas from what ive told u

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Awesome shrooms, friend tripped out. Need advice :( [Re: icewall]
    #1424266 - 04/02/03 07:53 PM (21 years, 12 hours ago)

that's a shame. your 'good' friend should have a better sense of humor. obviously he was tripping so how can he possibly think that any of the paranoid ideas he now has could conceivably be based in reality?

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Offlinetoolshroomer
smokin' all daylong..

Re: Awesome shrooms, friend tripped out. Need advice :( *DELETED* [Re: the spiral]
    #1424313 - 04/02/03 08:13 PM (21 years, 12 hours ago)

Post deleted by toolshroomer

Reason for deletion: Not interested in this kind of stuff any longer.

--------------------
and Viola! Mushrooms!

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: Awesome shrooms, friend tripped out. Need advice :( [Re: toolshroomer]
    #1424403 - 04/02/03 08:52 PM (21 years, 11 hours ago)

Perhaps this particulary strong trip triggered a real mental illness, such as schizophrenia. It has been known to happen.

--------------------

Offlinepillsbury420
psychedelicscientist

Re: Awesome shrooms, friend tripped out. Need advice :( [Re: chunder]
    #1425609 - 04/03/03 08:11 AM (21 years, 19 minutes ago)

Thanks for the replies everyone.. He's been a good friend for many years. What's worse about him blaming me for this is the fact that he believes i would stoop so low as to try to make him feel bad. That really makes me wonder what he thinks about me and our friendship. I can't argue with him about the way he felt because that's just the way it is. But damn it, i'd never try to freak him out and it bums me out that he would accuse me of such since he freaked. Anyway, thanks again for the replies.. i hope it all works out

--------------------
The day you were born, you were born free. That is your privilege.

I forgot to remember.

OfflineTANZWUT
Paranoid Hermit

Loc: Dante's Inferno
    #1425855 - 04/03/03 10:40 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

a friend of a friedn ahd this happen. him and this guy always were hanging out and shit mainly playing guitar with one another. they tripped shrooms a few tome but low doses and then one time they took a fucking massive amount. one of the guys thought the other guy was satan in a human body and form now on he will never talk to that guy. tripping fucks you when your sober. what u feel then u can feel that it was really happnening because to you it was. just liek how you haev the amazing feeling after tripping about how great life is and how you seem to understand things better, i guess it can work the opposite way like it has your u and that friend of a friend.

--------------------
Just another freak in the freak kingdom.

Anonymous

Re: Awesome shrooms, friend tripped out. Need advice :( [Re: TANZWUT]
    #1425889 - 04/03/03 10:59 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

You should tell him whats up. If things really happened like you say, as in, you didnt do things to freak him out without realizing it, theres no reason for him to maintain that you did.

I'd be like.. "Look. I didnt fuck with you. I WOULDNT fuck with you. You cant even tell me what I did. So what the fucks your problem man? Snap the fuck out of it." Then I'd offer to smoke a joint with him to renew your friendship.

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: Awesome shrooms, friend tripped out. Need advice :( [Re: ]
    #1425894 - 04/03/03 11:02 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i had the same thing happen when a friend and i accidentally ate way too much acid. he got on this trip that we were all talking about how he was so pussy whipped by his straight-laced non-druggy g/f. we never said a word. he called her and had her come pick him up at the concert we were at. without telling anyone. haven't been friends since. people who can't tell the difference between reality and drug-induced reality just shouldn't trip.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Awesome shrooms, friend tripped out. Need advice :( [Re: Bilge]
    #1426253 - 04/03/03 12:58 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

try and sit d own and have a heart to heart with him. Ive been there on a heavy mushroom trip at a party where i had terrrible irrational thoughts abotu how everyone at the party was bad. Getting real negative vibes from the drunks like they where going to hurt me... but i was able to talk myself down from it and laughed it off the next day cuz i realized it was irrational.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: Awesome shrooms, friend tripped out. Need advice :( [Re: baraka]
    #1431319 - 04/05/03 12:39 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I agree with immaculate, say all that and then if hes still bein hella gay, tell him to get the fuck outta ur face and tell him to come talk to u when hes done actin like a little bitch.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #1432269 - 04/05/03 07:40 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Edited by TheHateCamel (12/07/07 05:41 PM)

Offlinebodyofbeetles
✌☮ ♋
Female User Gallery

#15567088 - 12/24/11 01:16 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Your friend obviously isn't experienced with psychedelics if he can't even tell the difference between paranoia and reality.
Lower doses...Lower doses....

--------------------

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#15567221 - 12/24/11 01:16 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Issue was likely resolved 8 years ago.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract