Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemountainman01
not a stranger
 User Gallery

true of false question
    #14322117 - 04/20/11 11:30 AM (10 years, 24 days ago)

It it true that the more inoculative spore one puts on grain the faster the myc growth might be noticed? If so is there a searchable write up on this or something I might get some info on.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBeanBurner
Stranger
Re: true of false question [Re: mountainman01]
    #14322199 - 04/20/11 11:53 AM (10 years, 24 days ago)

While I have nothing to back this up besides my past experiences, in my opinion, the injection of spores via syringe into a grain jar should be kept in the 1.5 - 2 cc per quart jar.  Too much solution can throw the moisture balance off within the jar opening the door to contamination.  This, of course, applies to syringes only, I didn't use prints, but I would imagine that one could add as much as they want w/o causing harm to the grain.

Offlinebbt0009
Stranger Lover
Male User Gallery

Re: true of false question [Re: BeanBurner]
    #14322215 - 04/20/11 11:56 AM (10 years, 24 days ago)

I stick my quarts with 6cc's and they're done in about 10 days. Do what you want but don't go over 7cc's. LC's are quicker.

--------------------
It was all a dream...

InvisibleCarl Sagan
Time Dilation Analyst

Loc: Myco-tek.org
    #14322222 - 04/20/11 11:57 AM (10 years, 24 days ago)

What he said, but i dont think anyone would "drop" a print into a jar without going to LC first.

--------------------
“Sacred cows make the best hamburger”

Mark Twain

Independant Research Foundation

InvisibleTranscendingLife
I Don't Need a Life to Live
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: true of false question [Re: Carl Sagan]
    #14322279 - 04/20/11 12:11 PM (10 years, 24 days ago)

What a lot of people neglect to think about when they inject 6cc of MS spore solution is that they're also injecting ALOT more contams in their jars too and ALOT more competing genetics. Remember that no spore print is 100% sterile.

LCs are quicker but much riskier from MS, as you don't know if an LC is clean or not until you test it.

I only inoculate my quart jars with 1-1.5cc of MS solution.

Here's a jar I inoculated w/ .5 to just see what would happen.

This pic is after I G2Ged it. I've gotten 4-6 monos outta that one jar so far through G2G, but now it's spent, so I have to go back to my GLC...

--------------------
AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

InvisibleBeanBurner
Stranger
Re: true of false question [Re: bbt0009]
    #14322674 - 04/20/11 01:56 PM (10 years, 24 days ago)

LC's definately are the way to go but unfortunately I never had any luck making them

InvisibleBeanBurner
Stranger
Re: true of false question [Re: Carl Sagan]
    #14322697 - 04/20/11 02:01 PM (10 years, 24 days ago)

No, of course not to drop a whole print into the jar.  Perhaps I shouldv'e been a little more specific. I don't believe that dropping to swab's full of spores would cause any more chance of contam than one and probably speed up colonization.

InvisibleTranscendingLife
I Don't Need a Life to Live
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #14322744 - 04/20/11 02:09 PM (10 years, 24 days ago)

If you want true quick colonization, and that's all you want, then you need to do an isolate. Hands down, quickest colonization, if isolated for that. W/ MS syringes you're lookin' @ 3-4 weeks all the time.

Hell the jar w/ 1/2 a cc in it took about 26 days to fully colonize w/ one shake @ 30%.

G2G is extremely quick @ colonizing to. My G2G jars normally take 10-14 days.

--------------------
AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: true of false question [Re: mountainman01]
    #14322920 - 04/20/11 02:55 PM (10 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

BeanBurner said:
LC's definately are the way to go but unfortunately I never had any luck making them

Neither have the overwhelming majority of people, and it's exactly why I recommend against them.  I can't think of a single commercial mushroom farm that uses LC, and I've been in a lot of them.

Quote:

mountainman01 said:
It it true that the more inoculative spore one puts on grain the faster the myc growth might be noticed?

Yes, you will notice growth sooner with more spores.  Is it a good idea?  NO!
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation