Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewre
Male User Gallery
Loc: New Zealand
'Hell' if cannabis figure jailed - New Zealand
    #14319433 - 04/19/11 09:47 PM (10 years, 26 days ago)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/4907913/Hell-if-cannabis-figure-jailed/

Hell will be unleashed across New Zealand if a Timaru man is jailed on cannabis charges today, protesters have warned.

Peter John Frances Davy, 51, unemployed, will appear in the Timaru District Court this morning. He previously admitted charges of possession of cannabis, cultivating cannabis, importing cannabis seed and unlicensed possession of a rifle.

Davy, who has cancer, said last night he would go on hunger strike if jailed today.

He maintains the cannabis he grew and smoked was for medicinal purposes and he "never shared a joint with anyone". He was also the 24-hour carer for his partner who had advanced multiple sclerosis.

If he was jailed, Davy said his partner would have to sell everything she owned and go into a rest home.

A former computer technician and journalist, he said he would sooner not have to use cannabis, but it was the only thing that helped fight the pain cancer caused.

"People are crazy if they think I don't miss my old life.

"I would love to be that person again."

He did not want people to think he wanted cannabis freely available to everyone. His cause was the use of medicinal marijuana.

"People get it all mixed up in their heads. They don't understand it at all, they think it's all about pot heads."

Davy said he was stunned at the support that had come in.

"I've had two months [of support] from people all over the world. It's great. I would have probably fallen apart it it wasn't for those people, I was so stressed."

His scheduled sentencing in March, which drew a crowd of protesters, was adjourned until today so his newly-appointed counsel could receive disclosure.

Dakta Green, who founded The Daktory to promote medical cannabis use, said protesters would be outside the Timaru court and courts around the country this morning.

"Peter Davy's story will be out. It is already a worldwide story. The whole world is watching this judge."

Asked what the reaction would be to a prison sentence, Mr Green responded: "One of extreme anger and we would rally the troops".

Members of the National Organisation for the Reform of Marijuana Law (NORML) would also find other "unique and wonderful ways" to "rise up" in protest, Mr Green added.

Jasmin Hewlett was one of several NORML members travelling to Timaru today for Davy's appearance.

She had spent $500 on airline tickets to fly from Auckland and said protesters would be outside the courthouse from 9am.

Ms Hewlett said they wanted Davy to get a term of community service or get convicted and discharged. "That's the ultimate hope we're looking for. At the end of the day we don't want Peter to serve prison time."

That way, he could continue to care for his partner, she said.

Edited by wre (04/20/11 12:35 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewre
Male User Gallery
Loc: New Zealand
Re: 'Hell' if cannabis figure jailed [Re: wre]
    #14319444 - 04/19/11 09:48 PM (10 years, 26 days ago)

Peter has NOT been sentenced. That has been delayed until 22 June to allow for a psychological assessment. BUT they are talking home D. We are having an impact people.

Offlineguest1
Mycena
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 'Hell' if cannabis figure jailed [Re: wre]
    #14321364 - 04/20/11 04:50 AM (10 years, 26 days ago)

:super::congrats::awesomenod:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service