Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Stonebags ready to harvest?
    #1430693 - 04/05/03 02:06 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i inoculated these bags in mid january. they look good... all grown out... the sclerotia's formed and is brown in color. is it good to harvest? is it ok to wait on it for a month or so?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Stonebags ready to harvest? [Re: ]
    #1431217 - 04/05/03 11:21 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Although I may be wrong here, I would say that you can wait as long as you want. I think that once they turn brown, any growth will slow considerably, although some growth should continue. What I would do is harvest the bag with clean hands, or eve better, with surgical gloves and put the leftover substrate into a tray, let it recolonise, case and try to get some fruits. IMO

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst
Son of the LordGod Almighty

Loc: Vatican City
Re: Stonebags ready to harvest? [Re: Olgualion]
    #1431247 - 04/05/03 11:44 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Most sclerotia forming strains do not readily fruit. Not saying its not worth a try, just don't expect much.

--------------------

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Stonebags ready to harvest? [Re: JssMthrFcknChrst]
    #1431362 - 04/05/03 12:57 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Are you replying to me?
Have you seen my tamp post?

It is part of the natural lifecycle for them to fruit and sporulate. The sclerotia are formed so that given the chance, they will fruit. They WANT to fruit. Give them the proper conditions and they will...

But yes, don't 'expect' anything. Only hope for the best! This can go for anything in life.

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Edited by Olgualion (04/05/03 12:58 PM)

Anonymous

#1431386 - 04/05/03 01:05 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

well... the strain growing in these bags is mexicana A. it doesn't fruit readily. a cold shock of several weeks is necessary. i was just wondering what people thought about harvesting now vs. waiting.

i'm in no rush to harvest, and actually for several reasons i must leave a couple UN-harvested until mid-may. i was just wondering if it was ok to harvest some now if i liked, or if they'd benefit from more time, or what. they were inoculated mid-january and the stones are currently brown in color. some are still whitish\yellow though... but going caramel. i mashed up the substrate block and layed it out in a 1 inch thick layer in the bag, spreading the spores throughout. it colonized rapidly and seems to be mature. it's been 3 months since inoculation, so it would seem as though it's probably run its course.... i'd just like some advice from people with more experience with this than I.

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Stonebags ready to harvest? [Re: ]
    #1431441 - 04/05/03 01:22 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Cool. Dude is in the process of fruiting some P. mexicana A strain right now...

Maybe someone else can help with more experience...

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

#1431762 - 04/05/03 04:47 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

SWIM has tons of substrate colonizing with mexicana A. roughly 3 lbs of rgs in each bag, and SWIM has 3 of them. Colonizing nicely, looking foward to harvest in 2 months.

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst
Son of the LordGod Almighty

Loc: Vatican City
    #1432711 - 04/05/03 11:32 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I was replying both to you and to the original poster.

I suppose I should have been a little more clear. I assumed that the original poster was talking about Mexicana A strain, as that seems to be the most common sclerotia forming fungus around here. That particular strain is an isolate, specifically 'breed' for its sclerotia forming properties. During its isolation, it has lost most of its vigor for fruiting.

True, wild sclerotia formation is a protection to insure that the fungus has an oportunity to fruit. However, when dealing with isolates, some traits are amplified and others tend to be reduced.

I haven't seen you tamp post, but throw a link up and I'd love to take a look at it.  :smile: 

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains