Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewre
Male User Gallery
Loc: New Zealand
Convicted cannabis user threatens hunger strike - New Zealand
    #14315388 - 04/19/11 03:43 AM (10 years, 28 days ago)

http://www.3news.co.nz/Convicted-cannabis-user-threatens-hunger-strike/tabid/423/articleID/207725/Default.aspx

A Timaru man convicted of cannabis charges - including cultivation - says he will go on a hunger strike if he goes to jail tomorrow.

Peter Davy says he grew the plants for medicinal use and was trying to refine them to help his partner who suffers from multiple sclerosis.

Davy's biggest worry if he goes to jail is who will look after his sick partner, Tracey Perrin, who has multiple sclerosis and needs 24-hour care.

“I told Tracey that I would be there at the end, if anything happens to her I might not be there. If I get sent to prison she will have to go to a rest home,” he says.

Ms Perrin says she can’t stand to be away from Davy.

“He is my best friend,” she says.

“Going to a rest home…they may as well send me to jail - it's the same thing.”

Davy's threatening a hunger strike if he goes to jail.

He says he grew the 45 plants because it helps ease the pain he gets from a tumour in his pituitary gland.

The former IT engineer claims he was experimenting to get the right sort of plant for the pain he and his partner suffer, in other words medicinal marijuana.

“The only thing that's ever worked for me is cannabis and I’m not allowed to take it, if I take it I go to prison - those are the choices, suffer or go to prison,” says Davy.

Medicinal cannabis is legally available in many parts of Europe, Canada, and some areas of the United States. Campaigners want it legalised here.

The case has attracted the attention of those wanting a law change, protesters backed Davy at his last court appearance.

“He is clearly a medicinal user. The police have provided no evidence of any kind that he is a dealer, he says he's growing for medicinal use,” marijuana campaigner Phil Saxby.

The judge is not allowing a camera in court but there will be plenty of action outside.

Supporters of the medicinal use of marijuana will be staging a protest.

Link to Watch TV3 News report:
www.3news.co.nz/Convicted-cannabis-user-threatens-hunger-strike/tabid/309/articleID/207725/Default.aspx

www.freepeterdavy.com

Nationwide Court Protests supporting Peter Davy
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=201619656535642

Free Peter Davy Protest - Wellington
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=183905014988419

Free Peter Davy Protest - Waihi
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=200768976623452

Edited by wre (04/19/11 03:44 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJoolz
Male

Re: Convicted cannabis user threatens hunger strike - New Zealand [Re: wre]
    #14315455 - 04/19/11 04:14 AM (10 years, 28 days ago)

This will be very interesting to watch. Please, update this or another thread with more later!

I hope this guy gets out and the medication he needs. Anything short of that is simply fucked up.

--------------------
Prohibition didn't work for God; Eve ate the fruit.

OfflineInvaderShroom
Ganja;)
Male

Re: Convicted cannabis user threatens hunger strike - New Zealand [Re: Joolz]
    #14315527 - 04/19/11 04:56 AM (10 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Joolz said:
This will be very interesting to watch. Please, update this or another thread with more later!

I hope this guy gets out and the medication he needs. Anything short of that is simply fucked up.

Well i'm not sure where new zealand stands on medical weed or just weed in general. what i do know is if you had 45 plants in a US state that doesnt have a medical system set up u definitely would be :bondage:

--------------------
How to Pass a drug test:D
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/14207008

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Convicted cannabis user threatens hunger strike - New Zealand [Re: wre]
    #14315658 - 04/19/11 06:21 AM (10 years, 28 days ago)

thats sad as fuck, so two life partners are split up and might die alone or loose months or years together over some plants?

thats a crime against humanity if ive ever heard of one.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinewre
Male User Gallery
Loc: New Zealand
Re: Convicted cannabis user threatens hunger strike - New Zealand [Re: Psychoslut]
    #14319418 - 04/19/11 09:43 PM (10 years, 27 days ago)

"Peter has NOT been sentenced. That has been delayed until 22 June to allow for a psychological assessment. BUT they are talking home D. We are having an impact people."

'Hell' if cannabis figure jailed
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/4907913/Hell-if-cannabis-figure-jailed/

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon pH Test Strips

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service