Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

THE PENTAGON?S NEW MAP
    #1430735 - 04/05/03 02:41 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

I haven't had time to read through it completly yet but it sounds very interesting. I'll post it now for your consideration.

The Pentagon's New Map
IT EXPLAINS WHY WE?RE GOING TO WAR,
AND WHY WE?LL KEEP GOING TO WAR.
Esquire, March 2003 issue

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: THE PENTAGON’S NEW MAP [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1430778 - 04/05/03 03:33 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Naw, lot of people out of the gap hate america too. There's Al-Qaeda in America and Britain not just in the gap. USA's evil policies are why people hate it so much. I've been playing ches online with this pretty Iranian girl. She used to always call me "enemy" and it turned me on. Now we're friends online and I still would like to bone her. She has learned from playing chess with me and our conversations that I'm not the enemy, that it's only America's government, not us people living in oppression.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Edited by Ellis Dee (04/05/03 03:36 AM)

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: THE PENTAGON’S NEW MAP [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1430859 - 04/05/03 05:31 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Al-Qaeda may have spies in America and Britain but I don't think that makes them part of America or Britain. I think you know that. And just because you made nice to some girl you want to bone means nothing except your a typical male and shes likely a gullible girl. Everyone know that it is generally not the average citizens of countries that are "enemies" but their governments. I remember discussions about that during the cold war and it may have even come out of some politicians mouth.

There is a lot of solid info in there and logical, rational thought. Like it or not the global economy is the future. And as mentioned in the article, the security of the future will rely on mutual dependance. And the nations that isolate themselves from that will suffer failing economies and will breed terrorism and trouble in general. The world continues to get smaller and I don't think there is any way around globalization. And in light of that I don't see how you can deny or argue the rationality of that article. Short of a collapse of civilization and total anarchy anyway. Some of you might favor anarchy and thats all good until the guy with the bigger gun comes to rape your daughter.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: THE PENTAGON?S NEW MAP [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1430952 - 04/05/03 08:21 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Great article! Thanks for posting it.

I have read it through twice already, and can find little with which to disagree as far as analysis.

On the surface some parts of it are clumsily worded, in my opinion -- unless you slow down and concentrate it seems at first glance the author is in favor of US military intervention in parts of "The Gap" that as yet are not directly belligerent -- when a more thorough and careful reading indicates that this is in fact not the case. If I were his editor I would urge him to rewrite some sections in order to change the "tone" (but not the substance) of his presentation in order to avoid misinterpretations by the "casual" reader.

That quibble aside, it is a thorough, thoughtful and insightful analysis well worth reading and then thinking about for a while. Thanks again for providing it.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: THE PENTAGON?S NEW MAP [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1431332 - 04/05/03 12:44 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Show me where globalization is thick with network connectivity, financial transactions, liberal media flows, and collective security, and I will show you regions featuring stable governments, rising standards of living, and more deaths by suicide than murder. These parts of the world I call the Functioning Core, or Core. But show me where globalization is thinning or just plain absent, and I will show you regions plagued by politically repressive regimes, widespread poverty and disease, routine mass murder, and?most important?the chronic conflicts that incubate the next generation of global terrorists. These parts of the world I call the Non-Integrating Gap, or Gap.

A quick glance at Shrub's Amerikkka immediately reveals that the supposed core of the Functioning Core does not meet the core requirements: we have a repressive regime; widespread poverty and disease (maybe not in your neck-o-the-woods; but its there); and routine mass murder (both directly at the hands of govt, as in Waco; and more often as street crimes resulting from right-wing economic policy). However, it is unlikely that any "terrorist" (in the Washington sense of anti-fascist) political movement will ever emerge in the US; and we have total electronic connectivity and superconductive financial exchange amidst what amounts to state-controlled media flows. Western Europe, OTOH, fits the functioning core almost to a "T".

Shrub's arrogance has also disconnected the US ideologically; and this is actually the most important connection. The implication is that Amerikkka itself is a terrorist state; and its autocratic rulers are terrorists.

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Edited by Annapurna1 (04/05/03 12:46 PM)

Anonymous

Re: THE PENTAGON’S NEW MAP [Re: Annapurna1]
    #1431449 - 04/05/03 01:25 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

:grin:

Edited by Mr_Mushrooms (04/06/03 03:40 PM)

Anonymous

Re: THE PENTAGON’S NEW MAP [Re: ]
    #1431474 - 04/05/03 01:33 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

yeah man... fo' real anna. chill out. ameriKKKa? please. autocratic rulers? you've got absolutely no historical perspective or grasp on the socio-political realities of this world. jeez.

Anonymous

Re: THE PENTAGON?S NEW MAP [Re: Annapurna1]
    #1431493 - 04/05/03 01:38 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

for instance anna.... amerikkka? what are you implying? that american politics are run by the KKK or something? what's that supposed to mean?

the swastika on the american flag is just downright silly.

here in reality, america helped STOP the nazis and is now the biggest supporter of zionism and the jewish state of israel. white supremascist groups and militias are feared by the government and closely watched, even infiltrated when possible by the FBI.

you're living in a fantasy world.

Edited by mushmaster (04/05/03 01:53 PM)

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: THE PENTAGON?S NEW MAP [Re: ]
    #1431535 - 04/05/03 01:59 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

for instance anna.... amerikkka? what are you implying? that american politics are run by the KKK or something? what's that supposed to mean?

here in reality, america is helped STOP the nazis and is now the biggest supporter of zionism and the jewish state of israel. white supremascist groups and militias are feared by the government and closely watched, even infiltrated when possible by the FBI.

Never once did i mention the Nazis in my post, nor did i say that politics are run by the KKK organization. The only fantasy is your assertion that i did. Since simpletons like you have nothing to defend a position which you dont even bother to state, you have resorted to inserting text into my post as grounds to dismiss it.

And BTW, the flag stays.

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Edited by Annapurna1 (04/05/03 02:00 PM)

Anonymous

Re: THE PENTAGON?S NEW MAP [Re: Annapurna1]
    #1431543 - 04/05/03 02:03 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

i never claimed you said anything you didn't say. i did make presumptions, and if they're false, maybe you'd like to clear them up.

why do you usually spell 'america' as 'amerikkka'?

why do you have an american flag with a swastika on it?

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1431556 - 04/05/03 02:11 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

After a post has just been made saying to stop flaming could someone at least try and stick by it? If all you have to contribute to the discussion is insults or smileys why not take a deep breath and go do something constructive instead?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

#1431569 - 04/05/03 02:19 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Quote:

here in reality, america is helped STOP the nazis and is now the biggest supporter of zionism and the jewish state of israel. white supremascist groups and militias are feared by the government and closely watched, even infiltrated when possible by the FBI.

Never once did i mention the Nazis in my post, nor did i say that politics are run by the KKK organization. The only fantasy is your assertion that i did. Since simpletons like you have nothing to defend a position which you dont even bother to state, you have resorted to inserting text into my post as grounds to dismiss it.

And BTW, the flag stays.

Hmmm

"simpletons like you"???

Can you read?

Did you bother to read the notice about flaming?

I am notifiying a moderator. Your opponents in a debate aren't "simpletons". Are you looking to get banned?

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: THE PENTAGON?S NEW MAP [Re: ]
    #1431579 - 04/05/03 02:26 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

>> why do you usually spell 'america' as 'amerikkka'?

The spelling is a revival of the 1960s "Amerika" with a single 'k'. The KKK in this context does not refer specifically to the KKK as an organization.

>> why do you have an american flag with a swastika on it?

Thats a signature. Its not part of the post and should not be taken as such. The source page can be found here. However, i will remove the signature.

--------------------

Edited by Annapurna1 (04/05/03 02:36 PM)

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
    #1431584 - 04/05/03 02:32 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Hmmm

"simpletons like you"???

Can you read?

I am notifiying a moderator. Your opponents in a debate aren't "simpletons". Are you looking to get banned?

As if you werent the first one to flame me in your post with all the idioticons...look whose talkin'. And this is just my opinion; but i also consider dismissiveness a form of flaming, especially when its based on something i never said.

--------------------

Edited by Annapurna1 (04/05/03 02:35 PM)

Anonymous

#1431592 - 04/05/03 02:39 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Anything could be considered flaming, especially be beta types that wear their specious sensibilities like a Seiko.

But point of fact is that calling or referring top one's opponent as a "simpleton" constitutes a serious infraction of the rules.  Name calling is flaming by anyone's definition.

I suggest you tone it down.  I have alerted the moderators.

Have  nice day..............Anna  :smile: :wink:

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: 

Anonymous

#1431609 - 04/05/03 02:48 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Quote:

Hmmm

"simpletons like you"???

Can you read?

As if you werent the first one to flame me in your post with all the idioticons...look whose talkin'. And this is just my opinion;  but i also consider dismissiveness a form of flaming, especially when its based on something i never said.

OIC, we are the one who likes to play "let's change my post before someone sees it".

Careful Anna, you get more points for constructive logic than using dismissive epitaphs like "AmeriKKKa" and especially calling your opponents names!

Cheerio, Deario,

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: THE PENTAGON’S NEW MAP [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1431620 - 04/05/03 02:56 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

There is a lot of solid info in there and logical, rational thought. Like it or not the global economy is the future. And as mentioned in the article, the security of the future will rely on mutual dependance. And the nations that isolate themselves from that will suffer failing economies and will breed terrorism and trouble in general. The world continues to get smaller and I don't think there is any way around globalization. And in light of that I don't see how you can deny or argue the rationality of that article. Short of a collapse of civilization and total anarchy anyway. Some of you might favor anarchy and thats all good until the guy with the bigger gun comes to rape your daughter.

If what your saying is true, then the global economy will only succeed in creating a global underclass (the vast bulk of the population), which will breed terrorists in every country and not just in those nations where both isolation and terrorism have been the results of poverty. Maybe isolationism wont be an option if the corporate autocrats get their way; but poverty will expand and produce terrorists. The author has also failed to take into account countries like Saudi Arabia, which are by no means poor nor isolated, but which have nonetheless produced OBL and most of the 9/11 hijackers.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1431629 - 04/05/03 03:06 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Anything could be considered flaming

No, but posting dozens of idiotcons whilst not even making an attempt to address the issues raised definately is.

especially be beta types that wear their specious sensibilities like a Seiko

Yet more flaming.

I have alerted the moderators

And I have alerted the admins to your sadly all too typical behaviour.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1431635 - 04/05/03 03:11 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Annapurna - thank you for setting an excellent example and ignoring the constant flaming you have recieved in this thread. You must have the patience of a saint.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: THE PENTAGON’S NEW MAP [Re: Xlea321]
    #1431683 - 04/05/03 03:51 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Your welcome. Now can we please return to the original topic of the thread??

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom