Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Pink Floyd, Scales, Shpongle

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLanLord
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Mateo, Ca. USA
What songs/genre of music do you avoid on shrooms/L?
    #14303124 - 04/16/11 10:15 PM (10 years, 29 days ago)

Well,

we've had all those, "what's your favourite music/song" while frying?  Why not discuss the music you want to avoid?

Today, I was out for a bike ride, listening to my iPod when the song "Vincent" by Don McLean came on.  I usually enjoy that song, but I realized how hopeless and depressed the song is.

It seems to me that song could easily turn a good trip sour in a heartbeat.

I'd avoid that one when shoorms are part of the days activities.

--------------------
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDawks
Jolly African Potato

Re: What songs/genre of music do you avoid on shrooms/L? [Re: LanLord]
    #14303193 - 04/16/11 10:31 PM (10 years, 29 days ago)

I like sad songs while tripping. It makes me feel sad, but in an sympathetic way - not actually sad... if that makes sense lol.

ANYWAY I have avoided dark side of the moon by pink floyd a couple of times because I have had real intense trips to those songs before and I didn't really want to repeat that. But it depends on the trip - I remember once turning off shpongle because I couldn't handle it, but that doesn't mean I don't like listening to shpongle when I trip in general.

A few days ago some guy on here said that he was getting freaked out by a song called:

Shameboy - Abfahrer

OfflineJoolz
Male

Re: What songs/genre of music do you avoid on shrooms/L? [Re: Dawks]
    #14303320 - 04/16/11 10:55 PM (10 years, 29 days ago)

The only time I have a problem is whenever its been like 40 hours, I'm still frying on acid, the booze is making me drunk and off balanced, and my third eye is literally RIPPED OPEN by this point. I can feel it throbbing from all the work I've put it through.

Then, any sort of dubstep or heavy heavy heavy fucking repetitive fucking bass makes my third eye vibrate. Normally it feels great, and is part of the reason I like that music, but by then its just too much. I have to get away.

There's of course other genres that I consider stupid, but I generally just laugh because what they're singing about is so dumb (my opinion) that I don't really lose my trip over it. I'm a happy tripper. :awesomenod:

--------------------
Prohibition didn't work for God; Eve ate the fruit.

OfflineDeliriumTrigger
Stranger

Loc: Flag
Re: What songs/genre of music do you avoid on shrooms/L? [Re: Joolz]
    #14303396 - 04/16/11 11:09 PM (10 years, 29 days ago)

I'd avoid listening to "The Pot" by Tool while tripping...
I got extremely paranoid and had a panic attack, when he sings about "You must be so high". I thought he was talking to me... >_<

Offlinelimestoneman
The Return
Male User Gallery

Loc: Middle TN Flag
Re: What songs/genre of music do you avoid on shrooms/L? [Re: DeliriumTrigger]
    #14303438 - 04/16/11 11:17 PM (10 years, 29 days ago)

Believe it or not, I feel the need to avoid classical music. It feels like the composer has the audiences interest in higher priority than their own feelings. This goes for pop music too.

OfflineJoolz
Male

Re: What songs/genre of music do you avoid on shrooms/L? [Re: limestoneman]
    #14303455 - 04/16/11 11:20 PM (10 years, 29 days ago)

Lol'd, tool is so awesome. I can see where you got that though, that's funny. :hehehe: :mjk:

--------------------
Prohibition didn't work for God; Eve ate the fruit.

Invisibleawakendone
Male User Gallery

Re: What songs/genre of music do you avoid on shrooms/L? [Re: LanLord]
    #14303491 - 04/16/11 11:26 PM (10 years, 29 days ago)

i always avoid music that doesn't have lyrics/human voice

OfflineShermsticks
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What songs/genre of music do you avoid on shrooms/L? [Re: awakendone]
    #14303668 - 04/17/11 12:14 AM (10 years, 29 days ago)

i have trouble bangin out my screw tapes while trippin.

--------------------
Carve an x in your head

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: What songs/genre of music do you avoid on shrooms/L? [Re: limestoneman]
    #14303706 - 04/17/11 12:24 AM (10 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

limestoneman said:
Believe it or not, I feel the need to avoid classical music. It feels like the composer has the audiences interest in higher priority than their own feelings. This goes for pop music too.

What are we defining as classical? The classical era or just "classical" music in general.

I find a lot of romantic, neoromantic, and even baroque era compositions to be incredibly emotional. It also depends on the person/orchestra performing it. Oh well...

I don't listen to any music on mushrooms... I don't like it. I hear music in my mind/imagination on mushrooms that nothing already recorded compares to.

Invisibledrr
Female
Re: What songs/genre of music do you avoid on shrooms/L? [Re: awakendone]
    #14304788 - 04/17/11 07:57 AM (10 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

awakendone said:
i always avoid music that doesn't have lyrics/human voice

I love instrumental music..when tripping and not. But its great when tripping. I can't understand this.

I avoid dubstep at all costs. I avoid most pop and rap and all of that plastic garbage.

My favorite tripping music is jazz. Acid jazz, fusion, old school bebop even or some electro nujazz even can be groovy. MMW...
Jazz is great for psychedelics because there are so many possibilities. Improvisation, exploring the tonal palette to its full potential, it really is amazing shit. After you hear that kind of talent, repetitive beats and all that are good for getting high and dancing to and that is it. And dubstep even fails in that regard. I don't know how you're supposed to dance to it, whenever it comes on, I take a break from dancing until the house music comes back on.

I mostly try to avoid anything that goes "wawawawawawonk", entirely too repetitive, annoying clicking drum sounds and tard rappers. I basically avoid the radio and hipsters.

OfflineGoddessOfLove
Mother Monster

Loc: VENUS
Re: What songs/genre of music do you avoid on shrooms/L? [Re: drr]
    #14304798 - 04/17/11 08:02 AM (10 years, 29 days ago)

RAP, RnB HATE IT !

--------------------

InvisibleAustrip
P. Sub
Male
Re: What songs/genre of music do you avoid on shrooms/L? [Re: GoddessOfLove]
    #14304820 - 04/17/11 08:13 AM (10 years, 29 days ago)

any type of metal, bugs me out hard. Had a bad experience with watching a well known metal bands music video on a head full of acid and started playing with my teeth with my tongue while I was sitting in the dark.

Not sure why but it was way to heavy for me, the experience that is, not the metal. lol

--------------------

Invisibledrr
Female
Re: What songs/genre of music do you avoid on shrooms/L? [Re: Austrip]
    #14304844 - 04/17/11 08:29 AM (10 years, 29 days ago)

I forgot about metal. Its like it doesn't even exist in my world. What kind of people shave their heads and grow big goatees and wear dickies shorts and wife beaters and listen to that shit all day. Just getting drunk and being tough guys.

I'd probably rather listen to rap than a lot of gnarly monotone metal. I like melodies.
At least some rap producers stumble across some cool melodies and grooves once in a while. But most of the time rap just has no feeling to it, not the shit I hear now. There is no groove, no funk, no swagger, there is nothing to move to, its all just boom clap boom clap 'over herr derpa derr' whatever dumb shit they mispronounce. Sometimes I think the majority of people are just musically retarded.

Obviously there are exceptions. I have heard some really cool hip hop and I'll even say...for example...A lot of the songs on chronic 2001 are really fucking cool. What happened to that kind of rap? Funky groovy dance music. Computers are getting cheaper and these kids are all downloading pirated copies of reason and making the shittiest music ever, and somehow it is reaching the biggest audience! Everybody is listening to the most talent-less shit and the really great musicians go mostly unnoticed. Its sad for a musician. You're not making it into the top 40 unless you make garbage is basically what it means.

/rant

Invisibleawakendone
Male User Gallery

#14304864 - 04/17/11 08:41 AM (10 years, 29 days ago)

basically what i mean is that the when i'm tripping the human voice is my favorite instrument. particularly female. any music without it, i wont enjoy at all.
and i especially cannot stand music like dubstep or psytrance weather i am tripping or not.

OfflineWingedWatcher
Male User Gallery

#14304891 - 04/17/11 08:50 AM (10 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

drr said:
I forgot about metal. Its like it doesn't even exist in my world. What kind of people shave their heads and grow big goatees and wear dickies shorts and wife beaters and listen to that shit all day. Just getting drunk and being tough guys.

What a stupid generalization. I listen mostly to metal and none of this applies to me except "listen to that shit all day". Oh but anyway why would I care about the opinion of someone who is probably a tree-hugger who wears exclusively bamboo-fabricated clothes and only eats tofu while manifesting for the liberation of Tibet :rolleyes:

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

#14305039 - 04/17/11 10:15 AM (10 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

drr said:

This statement is moronic.

I'll give it to you... a lot of uninspired shitty bands have gotten "big" and given metal a bad name. However, the best metal is intelligent, meaningful, complex, and spirited. I really don't care to "convert" you or anything but names like Emperor, Negura Bunget, Dissection, and of course classics like Iron Maiden come to mind. Pure artists.

I don't have a shaved head or anything, but what the fuck does it matter what I look like? What you're describing sounds more like the hardcore scene than metal... but either way- who the fuck cares.

Jazz is decent... but it's no better than metal and it's a lot more forgiving musically. Jamming out randomly in Pentatonic/Chromatic/Blues scales is not harder performing a complex composition accurately in my oppinion.

OfflineEat LSD
Joker, Smoker, Midnight Toker
Male

Loc: Your Mind
Re: What songs/genre of music do you avoid on shrooms/L? [Re: Subconscious]
    #14305310 - 04/17/11 11:43 AM (10 years, 28 days ago)

While on shrooms, I enjoy instrumentals such as Pink Floyd and Beethoven.

This one time, we were trippin and my buddy put on some country song.  My trip instantly went from awesome to terrible.  Country music is definitely a no-go when on shrooms (or any psychedelic for that matter)

--------------------
:mushroom2::tongue2:

Nothing is real
-The Beatles

Offlineungr8fullydead
Stranger
Male

Loc: The Land
Re: What songs/genre of music do you avoid on shrooms/L? [Re: Eat LSD]
    #14305330 - 04/17/11 11:48 AM (10 years, 28 days ago)

I listen to all kinds of music when im trippin but the only group that ive had trouble listening to is black sabbath.  normally they r ok but i was in a treehouse on two hits listening to them on the radio and i honestly thought the devil was telling me to jump through their music lol.  then again i was a rookie then sooo idk

--------------------
Change your mind

Invisibleabltsandwich
JFK = Jelly Donut
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dildoville Flag
Re: What songs/genre of music do you avoid on shrooms/L? [Re: ungr8fullydead]
    #14305456 - 04/17/11 12:20 PM (10 years, 28 days ago)

All the music I already avoid; metal, R&B, most pop, new school hip-hop, punk, classical, probably a few others too.

Offlinelimestoneman
The Return
Male User Gallery

Loc: Middle TN Flag
Re: What songs/genre of music do you avoid on shrooms/L? [Re: Subconscious]
    #14305601 - 04/17/11 12:58 PM (10 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Subconscious said:
Quote:

limestoneman said:

What are we defining as classical? The classical era or just "classical" music in general.

I find a lot of romantic, neoromantic, and even baroque era compositions to be incredibly emotional. It also depends on the person/orchestra performing it. Oh well...

I don't listen to any music on mushrooms... I don't like it. I hear music in my mind/imagination on mushrooms that nothing already recorded compares to.

Classical era, the big composers, Bach, Beethoven, etc. I don't mind Mozart's last composition though. When I'm tripping, all the songs of the said composers sounds no more emotional than pop music. It just sounds fake to me. Now Erik Satie on the other hand is the shit.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Pink Floyd, Scales, Shpongle

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience