Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Why is there so much anger in this forum........? [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1430599 - 04/05/03 01:17 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

haven't you said that two wrongs don't make a right?

If it was an odd flame it wouldn't be a problem. But when you've got kids flaming every post what other option is there? Try and reason with them? Not a lot of hope in that I'm afraid.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Why is there so much anger in this forum........? [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1430981 - 04/05/03 08:38 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

There is anger in this forum because people have lost control of their lives.

They give their peace of mind over to an ideology, a government, a news media, etc.

They lose their peace in the process.

And on top of this most people do not use reason. They are given to emotional responses and emotional reasoning. They do not think, they feel.

Thus, they are upset most of the time.

What a way to live.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: Why is there so much anger in this forum........? [Re: ]
    #1430990 - 04/05/03 08:47 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

They give their peace of mind over to an ideology, a government, A NEWS MEDIA, etc."

Yes, it's much easier to retain own's inner calm/sense of centre when one detatches themselves from the violent swirl of the media.....without media contact what would any of us really have to form any kind of opinion/idea of the government and it's multifarious ideologies in the first place?

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Anonymous

#1431008 - 04/05/03 09:08 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Exactly.

See what Andrew Weil says about watching in his book, 8 Weeks to Optimum Health:

"I have asked you to try a one-day news fast this week. I do not want you to become uninformed about the state of the world, but I note that paying attention to news commonly results in anxiety, rage, and other emotional states that probably impede the healing system. I have given you many suggestions about diet, about nourishing your body. I think it is useful to broaden the concept of nutrition to include what we put into our consciousness as well. Many people do not exercise much control over that and as a result take in a lot of mental junk food. My goal in asking you to practice news fasting through the Eight-Week Program is for you to discover that you have the power to decide how much of this material you want to let in. I have no objection to your turning on the news for information you really need; I worry about people who turn it on compulsively or unconsciously, who are addicted to the news and the emotional ups and downs it provides. Observe any difference you feel in your state of mind and body wn you opt to ignore the news. Are you less anxious? less stressed? less fearful? When you get to the end of the Eight-Week Program, I will ask you again, and at that time you can decide how much news you want to let back into your life."

I watch zero news on television and severely limit how much news I let into my life. My life is relatively stress-free and you don't see me flaming others and I rarely get angry.

Think there is a correlation? I know there is.

Cheers,

Edited by Mr_Mushrooms (04/05/03 09:11 AM)

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#1431026 - 04/05/03 09:25 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I watch zero news on television and severely limit how much news I let into my life. My life is relatively stress-free and you don't see me flaming others and I rarely get angry.

Think there is a correlation? I know there is. "

My only real connection with A. Weil is his first book: "the natural mind" which i stumbled upon whilst working a retrurns desk at a book distributor in L8 73(i understand he has since then to become somewhat of a "pop" icon since then, not meaning that in any derogatory sense since i don't know)

i would agree with that Mr. Shrooms, but i guess maybe i take it TOO far and haven't watched TV/newspaers or listned to the radio for a few years......i'm sure i miss a lot of worthwhile things, but it's a small price to pay for my own peace of mind. If there's any good books/music available in the present moment i usually hear about them here at the Shroomery anyway(thanks again to Sheepish for turning me on to Tool :wink:........i guess you/i could say that the Shroomery is my lifeline to humanity and the human race, but i personally can't think of a better connection :smile: 

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#1431034 - 04/05/03 09:31 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

your avatar is very weird, does that child have a beard? "

No, but the rainbow has a moustache* :grin:

*quasi obscure refenerence to a line in an old Cream song from "Disraeli gears" entitled S.W.A.L.B.R. 

--------------------

Anonymous

#1431037 - 04/05/03 09:32 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Me either. :smile:

Offlinetrev
comming out of retirement
 User Gallery

Loc: Aussie
    #1431056 - 04/05/03 09:43 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

SWEET mr mushrooms you are dead right. I am a country boy or I was I spend time in the country then have stints in the city. Where I come from we only get TV if we spend $2000 Aust for a satelite dish there is practically no media, most of the population do not recive TV as a result there is a completely different culture there the people are original characters who are not swept up in the mass media hype and they dont have these uncontrolable mystery consumer urges to spend spend spend fuckin` spend(you are not the contents of youre wallet you are not the car you drive). The people do however get caught up in local social/political politics which is ok cause you can do something about things in youre own area. And myself now I am in the city I am getting bombarded with Images and horror storys. I dont like to say I cant do anything about it but my protesting only falls on deaf ears and its no use getting angry at people in these forums it just distances ourselves with the people we are trying to enlighten.

--------------------

Anonymous #14
[quote]There are billions of people on this planet. The world does not revolve around the united states, moron. I hope terrorists crash their collective cocks into your asshole. [/quote]

Anonymous

Re: Why is there so much anger in this forum........? [Re: trev]
    #1431072 - 04/05/03 09:49 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Exactly Trev (to your last point)

Thank you for letting me know there is a culture that Big Media hasn't penetrated.  You really made my day! :smile:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Why is there so much anger in this forum........? [Re: Xlea321]
    #1431163 - 04/05/03 10:51 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Certainly no anger on my part. When you've got a few kids who are only able to post insults how should you respond to them? Responding to an insult with an insult isn't anger, simply the only thing they are going to understand.

Now that's wins the award for funniest post of the day.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Why is there so much anger in this forum........? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1431232 - 04/05/03 11:31 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

tooooo funny...... :grin:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous

#1431256 - 04/05/03 11:48 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Gee, you guys sound like cynics.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1431279 - 04/05/03 12:11 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

what gave you that impression?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Why is there so much anger in this forum........? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1431477 - 04/05/03 01:34 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Let us forget the lapse of time; let us forget the conflict of opinions. Let us make our appeal to the infinite, and take up our positions there.

-- Chuang Tzu

The absolutely tranquility is in the present moment. Though it is not at this moment, there is no limit to this moment, and herein is eternal delight.

-- Hui-neng

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1431529 - 04/05/03 01:54 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks to you and the kids for proving my point.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

#1431580 - 04/05/03 02:26 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I'm terribly sorry Alex but I haven't seen one point you had.

I'm not ashamed of my age. How old are you, kid?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1431631 - 04/05/03 03:07 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Thanks to you and the kids for proving my point.

What point is that Alpo? I didn't see any insults in Inny's, MM's, or my post.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinefleshofgods
SpiritualVisionary
Loc: In a daze . . .
    #1432103 - 04/05/03 06:53 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

flamin newbies is just gonna want to make them walk away from the forum and that will in turn defeat the whole purpose of the forums. They are here as a learning tool for anyone interested in the "craft." Nobody wants to ask for help on something if they are always going to hear someone bash them about how basic their question is. I was always taught the only dumb question is the one you dont ask. I know alot of you people are going to say "99.99% of the questions asked are ones you could get answers from in the FAQ's" . . . well some people, like myself, like to learn from other peoples expirence and mistakes straight from them. A question as simple as "what goes in a casing and how much do you need?" is not a stupid one because there are several casing teks and sure you could go to the FAQ's and read a regurgatated old tek or learn an improvised tek with improved results from someone doing things right now. Well thats pretty much it. I'm just gonna keep talkin because I know it annoys alot of anal retentive flamers out there when a person doesnt break off into paragraphs and just has one extremely large paragraph that is a challenge to read because it seems as if there is no break in site because when you have paragraphs you can stop after one, look away and take a breather, perhaps go and get a drink, but with this long ass paragraph . . . you have to focus because if you stop . . . your not gonna find your place very easily. So I think that only maybe 25% of the people . . . THATS 1/4 of the members will actually read to the very end of this paragraph. Thank You.

--------------------
Holler!

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Why is there so much anger in this forum........? [Re: fleshofgods]
    #1432144 - 04/05/03 07:05 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I'm billing you for the time that it took me to read that ya know....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Anonymous

#1432319 - 04/05/03 08:08 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Good Heavens don't tell me you're a lawyer?

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale