Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Loc: in the haze
mononucleosis (glandular fever) and psilocybin
    #1428619 - 04/04/03 11:12 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

good afternoon.....

I have a few questions regarding "mono" and tripping,

first of all, i should explain, last thursday i went to the walk-in clinic after experiencing shooting pains down my left arm and noticing several small swollen nodules in my neck (mostly on the left side)

so.. the doc examined me asked me the normal questions and took some blood, later that night i got a phone call telling me that my bloodwork was abnormal (i had a high count of lymphocytes/ WBC's)  they said mostly this kind of blood work in a young healthy person such as myself indicates mono, and it is fairly common and can be caught from a variety of places.

he also said my symptoms  were normal and charchteristic of mono, and that i should expect them to get worse, they include fatigue, fever, aches all over the body, random pains, swollen glands and in some a red swollen throaght (which thankfully i do not have)
the symptoms have gotten worse and i have pretty much been sleeping all week and smokin MJ to help with the appetite loss.

they didnt know for sure if it was mono till the next day, which it was, then i was quarantined from the family, i am only allowed to use plastic spoons and forks, and paper plates and bowls, i feel so....contagious.

and so, a week has passed (roughly) and it has been running its course i feel a little bit better as of now and i think that it is about through....  I was told however that i shouldnt put alot of strain on my liver or risk any injury to my spleen. for fears that i would bleed to death internally,

and now how does this relate to tripping???

well i was wondering if anyone else here has ever tripped while feeling a little under the weather or even if you have tripped with mono!  i would like to hear experiences and opinions on that,

now i know alll about set and setting and i know i would probably have a better time if i save my fungus for a brighter day (and i prolly will)  but i just want to know if it would be asking for serious trouble to put shroomies in my system at this time in the game,

also,

does psilocybin put a significant degree of stress on the lymphatic/circulatory system? i wouldnt think so, its such a small amount, but i was just curious if the liver has to proccess it extra hard...what not y/  you know just looking for abstract thjoughts..

any input is welcome and i appreciate your time

thank you and have a splendid day :smile:

-odh-

--------------------
I believe i will go out to the seashore, let the waves wash my mind. Gunna open up my head now just to see what i can find...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: mononucleosis (glandular fever) and psilocybin [Re: ODhaze]
    #1429314 - 04/04/03 04:03 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I think if you were to trip, you would be ok... but honestly, if it were me, I would hold out just to be on the safe side. Psilocybin mainly stimulates the nervous system and add little stess to other systems. I tripped once when I had a pretty bad head cold... It was a miserable experience... the shrooms just seemed to amplify all the symptoms of my cold. Not being able to breathe out of my nose while tripping absolutely drove me nuts! Even though I knew I had a cold, I convinced myself that I was having a bad allergic reation to the shrooms and I was seriouly close to having someone rush me to the hospital. Luckly I had a friend with me and he was able to calm me down.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Loc: in the haze
Re: mononucleosis (glandular fever) and psilocybin [Re: djd586]
    #1429345 - 04/04/03 04:13 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yeah im gunna just wait,

im sure they will be more of a refreshment to the mind and body after i rebound from my illness...

2 weeks or so..

cool

-odh-

--------------------
I believe i will go out to the seashore, let the waves wash my mind. Gunna open up my head now just to see what i can find...

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst
Son of the LordGod Almighty

Loc: Vatican City
Re: mononucleosis (glandular fever) and psilocybin [Re: ODhaze]
    #1429810 - 04/04/03 06:52 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Shroomed with Mono once. Wouldn't recommend it as I got sick as shit. When the shrooms wore off, I felt a little better, but it lengthened the time that I was down with mono by about a week.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate