Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinetimelapses
Life in free form
Male

Loc: in a shroomery prison
127 hours and hiking
    #14272925 - 04/11/11 03:12 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Anyone been hiking to those regions? Moab area?  Something that can never be recreated in an indoor place.  It's fucking awesome but looking down a crevice it's always better to hike with someone. 

The locals around there I was told don't even want to watch the movie because of having it enter their minds of that possibility that he went through.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOnox
Stranger

Re: 127 hours and hiking [Re: timelapses]
    #14275954 - 04/12/11 12:29 AM (13 years, 8 days ago)

Recently went to Canyonlands, it's a beautiful place

--------------------
I like my women like I like my electrophilic carbons -- susceptible to backside attack.

Offlinetimelapses
Life in free form
Male

Re: 127 hours and hiking [Re: Onox]
    #14278162 - 04/12/11 01:53 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

Arches too.  I can't believe how crowded it was lately.  Every single camping spot was taken so ended up staying at the hostel and horsethief camping. 

At least the hiking was amazing.  About got lost a night before a huge storm hit and it would of been horrible to go through a night with that wind and rain.

Watching the movie and seeing Franco and his stuntman go through those crevices with his back to the wall and feet to the rock.  Fuck that, there is always danger to climbing and hiking of course but that is to much.

--------------------

OfflineEmeraldEyes
Female

#14289978 - 04/14/11 01:05 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

Loved the movie. It was so hard to watch, though.

I've never been to that region but I would LOVE to.

This movie really inspired me to check out that area someday. However...I won't go alone.

What this guy had to do...wow...just nuts.

:wowz:

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."

-Abraham Lincoln

Offlinetimelapses
Life in free form
Male

Re: 127 hours and hiking [Re: EmeraldEyes]
    #14296695 - 04/15/11 05:14 PM (13 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

EmeraldEyes said:
Loved the movie. It was so hard to watch, though.

I've never been to that region but I would LOVE to.

This movie really inspired me to check out that area someday. However...I won't go alone.

What this guy had to do...wow...just nuts.

:wowz:

"THIS IS FUCKING INSANE"  I'm a noobie but it's amazing how easy you can get hurt but not in his freak accident sort of way.  Just falling or slipping on the rocks. 
If you ever get a chance to go, go. It's something completely unique unto itself though I didn't go exactly where he did but the general area is amazing and the locals are so into their own world. 
Even coming out of a supermarket a couple of times people about ran into to me because I guess their conciousness was so out in those areas hiking with not a lot of people around.  It's amazing.

--------------------

InvisibleAnubis
Time Traveller
 User Gallery

Loc: Durango, Colorado Flag
    #14297556 - 04/15/11 07:41 PM (13 years, 4 days ago)

I have had endless wanderings in both Canyonlands and Arches. Canyonlands is by far the superior. A great place to take psychedelics. I've done it twice and both times was surprised at how easy it would be to really fuck your self up on shit there. The 'slickrock' is no lie. Easy to climb up, but can be impossible to climb down. Other places it's easy to climb down, only to find you can't get back up.

I have also had the pleasure to meet Aron Ralston. He is one fucking tenacious dude.

Take a look at an old thread for some of the pics I took while tripping in the redrock lands http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7310778#7310778

--------------------
"Always pull up survey stakes, anywhere you find them. Anywhere."
-- Edward Abbey

Home Sweet Home: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs316.snc4/41134_1575150945077_1424696117_31559183_3782033_n.jpg

Offlinetimelapses
Life in free form
Male

Re: 127 hours and hiking [Re: Anubis]
    #14297664 - 04/15/11 08:07 PM (13 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Anubis said:
I have had endless wanderings in both Canyonlands and Arches. Canyonlands is by far the superior. A great place to take psychedelics. I've done it twice and both times was surprised at how easy it would be to really fuck your self up on shit there. The 'slickrock' is no lie. Easy to climb up, but can be impossible to climb down. Other places it's easy to climb down, only to find you can't get back up.

I have also had the pleasure to meet Aron Ralston. He is one fucking tenacious dude.

Take a look at an old thread for some of the pics I took while tripping in the redrock lands http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7310778#7310778

That is fucking awesome.  I have some pics to, glad to see you still post here.  My brother is moving down after many a trips there permantaly.  Your pics, even after a couple of weeks, and some extreemly pleasant spring and extreemly unpleasant weather the season is going to be great.
Thanks for posting the pics, it energizes me.

Let Ralston do his thing and I'm glad he's alive unlike the guy from into the wild, who I still hold a deep admiration for despite his youthful carelessness.  Best to you.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom