Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

2 Boca Raton men busted in LSD buy turned violent with choking of informant - drug lab * 2
    #14288985 - 04/14/11 09:18 AM (13 years, 6 days ago)

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/2-boca-raton-men-busted-in-drug-buy-1398977.html

2 Boca Raton men busted in drug buy turned violent with choking of informant

BOCA RATON — A 20-year-old Palm Beach State College student and his 35-year-old roommate were arrested Monday night after police staged a drug deal at their apartment using a confidential informant who was almost choked to death, after finding marijuana, ecstasy, and LSD pills.

Cody Bartley and PBSC student Christopher Helfrich, were charged with selling marijuana within 1,000 feet of a place of worship or school, trafficking LSD and phenethylamines, possession of a controlled substance without a prescription and possession of drug equipment.

In addition, Bartley was charged with attempted second degree murder.

On Monday night, Boca Raton Police conducted a drug buy of LSD on Northwest Fourth Avenue, using a confidential informant, a Boca Raton police report says. The informant was given $400 by police to buy LSD, and was hooked up to an audio device so police intelligence and narcotics detectives could hear the conversation.

Soon after the informant entered the apartment, police heard, "Stop" and "Help" from the informant. Detectives entered the apartment and saw Bartley choking the informant on the patio, the report says.

Police then saw marijuana, scales and a shotgun in the apartment and arrested the two men. The officers came back with a search warrant and found ecstasy pills, glass pipes, marijuana, LSD, and Xanax bars. More than $8,000 was found in a safe, along with nearly 500 grams of marijuana, the report says.

When officers interviewed Bartley and Helfrich, Bartley said he had been selling drugs for a couple of months and made about $10,000 per month from drug deals, the report says.

Helfrich told officers he planned on choking the informant until he was unconscious.

When asked if he was worried the informant would die, he answered he was going to "let happen whatever was going to happen."

http://www.cbs12.com/news/boca-4731909-deadly-stop.html

BOCA RATON, Fla. -- Police conducting a controlled drug purchase say they ended up having to interrupt the deal when the dealer was choking the life out of the buyer.

Boca Raton Police made two arrests after finding evidence that the two were selling and manufacturing drugs from their apartment next to the campus of Florida Atlantic University.

The arrests came shortly after 6 pm Tuesday night during the sting operation at 1989 NW 4th Ave. A fight broke out between the attempted buyer and Cody Dewitt Bartley, 34. When police entered the apartment, they found Cody Bartley on top of the buyer, choking him nearly unconscious.

After separating the two, police saw a large quantity of drugs including marijuana, Ecstacy, Xanax and LSD in plain view. A search warrant was secured, which uncovered equipment and chemicals from a clandestine drug lab. The DEA responded to assist in the investigation and will test the chemicals to determine what drugs were being created.

Bartley was charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute within 1,000 feet of a college -- FAU. He was also charged with possession of LSD, MDMA and drug paraphernalia. In addition, Bartley was charged with attempted second-degree murder for choking the buyer to near unconsciousness.

His roommate, Christopher Ryan Helfrich, 20, was also charged with trafficking of MDMA and LSD, possession of Alprazolam and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Three other people were issued notices to appear, including Jennifer Sampson of Delray Beach, on a charge of possession of drug paraphernalia; Dalton Boyd of Delray Beach on a charge of possession of marijuana; and Laura Unks of Boca Raton on a charge of possession of marijuana.

Read more: http://www.cbs12.com/articles/boca-4731909-deadly-stop.html#ixzz1JWF3u2aj

Edited by dwpineal (04/14/11 11:23 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesmaerd
 User Gallery

Re: 2 Boca Raton men busted in LSD buy turned violent with choking of informant [Re: dwpineal]
    #14289136 - 04/14/11 10:02 AM (13 years, 6 days ago)

Lol why'd he choke him? If he thought he was a narc that would be the dumbest thing he could have done. Shoulda just said he didn't have anything but that they should hang out. A cop wouldn't fall short on drug money debt either, because it's supplied by the police. So the question stands, why'd this dude try and murder some guy trying to buy a sheet? So much for being all about love lol. Clowns.

The guy said he just wanted to make him unconscious lol. Then what? Torture him? Lol, people these days blow my mind.

OfflineLuigisDeathRace
the dog ate my shrooms
Male

Loc: FLO-RIder
Re: 2 Boca Raton men busted in LSD buy turned violent with choking of informant [Re: smaerd]
    #14289438 - 04/14/11 11:11 AM (13 years, 6 days ago)

damm what a sad story...... cops must of rave super hard after this  :blowjob:

its celebration time bitches*!!  :detectivescrotes:

OfflineOwsley2.0
Homo Sapien
Re: 2 Boca Raton men busted in LSD buy turned violent with choking of informant [Re: LuigisDeathRace] * 1
    #14290242 - 04/14/11 01:58 PM (13 years, 5 days ago)

True it would have been in the dealers best interest to play it cool in order to avoid arrest.

However, I hope the informant gets killed by a drunk driver.

Just sayin.

OfflineGenomerizer
Stranger
Re: 2 Boca Raton men busted in LSD buy turned violent with choking of informant - drug lab [Re: dwpineal]
    #14296648 - 04/15/11 05:04 PM (13 years, 4 days ago)

I know both of those kids, and have been to their house before. The informant supposedly died today just sayin

Offlinesmaerd
 User Gallery

Re: 2 Boca Raton men busted in LSD buy turned violent with choking of informant - drug lab [Re: Genomerizer]
    #14296746 - 04/15/11 05:21 PM (13 years, 4 days ago)

Well narks get what they get, but I still don't understand the mentality of the sellers, they seem pretty retarded.

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
Re: 2 Boca Raton men busted in LSD buy turned violent with choking of informant - drug lab [Re: Genomerizer]
    #14297067 - 04/15/11 06:09 PM (13 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Genomerizer said:
I know both of those kids, and have been to their house before. The informant supposedly died today just sayin

One less narc! :laugh:  Wonder what the guy did, he must have done or said something that pissed these guys off.

InvisibleFractalDust
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #14297278 - 04/15/11 06:39 PM (13 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Genomerizer said:

That's what happens.

--------------------

Offlinethissongis
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Re: 2 Boca Raton men busted in LSD buy turned violent with choking of informant - drug lab [Re: FractalDust]
    #14297314 - 04/15/11 06:44 PM (13 years, 4 days ago)

Thats what he gets for snitching :sambergfive:

OfflineGenomerizer
Stranger
Re: 2 Boca Raton men busted in LSD buy turned violent with choking of informant - drug lab [Re: smaerd]
    #14298821 - 04/15/11 11:54 PM (13 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

smaerd said:
Well narks get what they get, but I still don't understand the mentality of the sellers, they seem pretty retarded.

idk cody is like a weird acid/dmt head who walks around dressed like a hippy all day lol. 

the whole deal was stupid, mad traffic in his house in a pretty populated apartment block

OfflineDarklight203
Same Shit
Male

Loc: Nome, Alaska Flag
    #14299039 - 04/16/11 12:36 AM (13 years, 4 days ago)

My apologies for what I'm going to write:

Stupid narc gets his due, but these two dealers are fucking retarded or were high at the time. End the war on drugs so criminals like this don't pop up as much. They'll resort to armed robbery or trafficking black market human organs or something, sadly. Criminals will be criminals, taking their play things will only make them find other play things.

--------------------
In ancient times, when demons roamed with man, They hunted, loved and lost, hand in hand, As time went on, the difference between them faded. You couldn't tell anymore, demons and man were related, and some would say the same, but who would like to claim? In time, Gods had even forgot, Demons, too, once love had sought. In times recent I remember, Once I was a man, In my heart I had an ember, I'll relate the best I can but it was snuffed, one distant December. And yet here I stand, no flesh, no bones, no seed or semen, All that's left is this Demon.

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
Re: 2 Boca Raton men busted in LSD buy turned violent with choking of informant - drug lab [Re: Darklight203]
    #14302918 - 04/16/11 07:38 PM (13 years, 3 days ago)

I think we are forgetting an important aspect.  It IS Florida.

Offlinecopshouldi3666
Stranger
Re: 2 Boca Raton men busted in LSD buy turned violent with choking of informant - drug lab [Re: Maverick]
    #14312607 - 04/18/11 02:46 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Wow... quite the story from what has been posted. The kids in question were stupid and didn't follow the rules. They probably got too big too quick and didn't think about the number 2 rule which of course is safety for self preservation and reducing traffic by increasing required purchase size. Not to mention from what it seems with the clandestine drug lab quote and the previous quotes it seems like they were shitting quite literally where they were eating. I am deeply saddened for that guy Cody though. The man is 34, and probably has kids somewhere who will have to grow up knowing that their father had to deal with this bullshit because someone wanted to save their own ass over jail time. If sentenced he could possibly not even be able to touch his kids until he is old enough to be a grandfather to their own children. As for the other kid Ryan, it seems as if his friends and popularity influenced him to grow as large as he did through ignorance, without knowing the rules or consequences of carrying multiple federal offense substances and being any much larger than a pinprick on the DEA's radar. If the kangaroo snitch is truthfully six feet under like Genomerizer said above, just shows that keeping your mouth shut is and always will be the best case rather than ratting out other comrades. Do the crime... be ready t0 do the time. Snitches get what they deserve or they lose their right to their lives which they lost care over because of the measly 10k a month they were making. As for the rest of the people caught up in this mess hopefully its a learning experience for everyone on the number one rule for this world and that of course is:      DON'T GET CAUGHT. On that note if anyone who knows these guys ever sees these dudes again. RUN. They have obviously talked especially considering the fact that the newspaper has quoted Cody during an interview.... so keep those dilated pupils on the look out :eek:

Offlinebatman returns
Dude man
Male User Gallery

Re: 2 Boca Raton men busted in LSD buy turned violent with choking of informant - drug lab [Re: copshouldi3666]
    #14312906 - 04/18/11 03:31 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Didn't you know... Florida is where all the crazy comes from! They make it and bottle it for resale down there! They call it SWAMP MADNESS!!!

Offlinescasper1010
Stranger

Re: 2 Boca Raton men busted in LSD buy turned violent with choking of informant - drug lab [Re: copshouldi3666]
    #14314872 - 04/18/11 11:50 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

copshouldi3666 said:
Wow... quite the story from what has been posted. The kids in question were stupid and didn't follow the rules. They probably got too big too quick and didn't think about the number 2 rule which of course is safety for self preservation and reducing traffic by increasing required purchase size. Not to mention from what it seems with the clandestine drug lab quote and the previous quotes it seems like they were shitting quite literally where they were eating. I am deeply saddened for that guy Cody though. The man is 34, and probably has kids somewhere who will have to grow up knowing that their father had to deal with this bullshit because someone wanted to save their own ass over jail time. If sentenced he could possibly not even be able to touch his kids until he is old enough to be a grandfather to their own children. As for the other kid Ryan, it seems as if his friends and popularity influenced him to grow as large as he did through ignorance, without knowing the rules or consequences of carrying multiple federal offense substances and being any much larger than a pinprick on the DEA's radar. If the kangaroo snitch is truthfully six feet under like Genomerizer said above, just shows that keeping your mouth shut is and always will be the best case rather than ratting out other comrades. Do the crime... be ready t0 do the time. Snitches get what they deserve or they lose their right to their lives which they lost care over because of the measly 10k a month they were making. As for the rest of the people caught up in this mess hopefully its a learning experience for everyone on the number one rule for this world and that of course is:      DON'T GET CAUGHT. On that note if anyone who knows these guys ever sees these dudes again. RUN. They have obviously talked especially considering the fact that the newspaper has quoted Cody during an interview.... so keep those dilated pupils on the look out :eek:

your 99% right. i know both and helfrich was my close friend about 8 months ago. he got blinded by the money and sold to ppl he didnt know as well as the fact he allowed a 34 yr old man who has no children (most kids didnt know he was that old cause he acted like he was 21) to live with him and cook dmt in there kitchen. its sad but also i feel they should have been more aware and careful. you couldnt go in there to buy a halfe without seeing the kids pull out a pound. they were either gunna get robbed or raided. especially since u could see the front door off the street. pretty blatant stuff. now there is a kid i was once great friends with in jail with no bail, i wish him good luck

Offlinescasper1010
Stranger

#14314879 - 04/18/11 11:51 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Genomerizer said:

was the informant a kid that got turned?

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: 2 Boca Raton men busted in LSD buy turned violent with choking of informant - drug lab [Re: dwpineal]
    #14315678 - 04/19/11 04:44 AM (13 years, 1 day ago)

the kid on the right needs to be in jail for smiling on his mug shot. like hey everybody look at my awesome list of street cred, dumbass.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offline0nel0ve
Stranger
Re: 2 Boca Raton men busted in LSD buy turned violent with choking of informant - drug lab *DELETED* [Re: Psychoslut]
    #14316206 - 04/19/11 09:12 AM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Post deleted by 0nel0ve

Reason for deletion: irrelevant

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: 2 Boca Raton men busted in LSD buy turned violent with choking of informant - drug lab [Re: 0nel0ve]
    #14316954 - 04/19/11 11:57 AM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Yeah I actually went to college around there in the mid-1990s and remember there being 3 big local universities in the area - so lots of out-of-area kids looking for stuff. I remember some kids that were doing similar stuff way back then, and I think they got caught too...Also I know the police there seemed to coordinate their drug raids to execute them about 2-3 weeks before the semester ends in fall and spring. They try to gather evidence all during the term and then bust people before finals...

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #14317119 - 04/19/11 12:25 PM (13 years, 23 hours ago)

thats messed up, people doing nothing but going to school and having a little fun and these pricks cant think of anything better to do but ruin someones life forever.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies