Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineradiotek
Stranger
Just got some PE
    #14285606 - 04/13/11 06:21 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Attached is a picture of what should be some penis envy.  I am curious if that is what it actually is, it looks like it to me.  Also, at the bottom of the stalks there is some matter, looks like it could be the fertilizer it was grown in or something (I am not that educated on the matter).  I am curious what that is at the bottom of the stalks and if they are still safe and good to eat.  Also, should I break off or clean that matter off the bottom of the stalks?  Thanks in advance for the help and I also hope this is in the right forum; I noticed an identification forum, but I already know these are psilocybe cubensis.  I just want to know what the deal is with the bottom of the stalks since I have not seen any like that before.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline34120060
Eocene Epoch
Male

Re: Just got some PE [Re: radiotek]
    #14285619 - 04/13/11 06:23 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

looks like vermiculite on the bottom of the stalks which is good cause it means they were grown inside and not picked from outside. just rub it off it should flake off, and it will not hurt you in the least bit if you were accidentally ingest some of it

--------------------
"Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy"

- Carl Sagan

Invisibleabltsandwich
JFK = Jelly Donut
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dildoville Flag
Re: Just got some PE [Re: 34120060]
    #14285632 - 04/13/11 06:25 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

You could use an old tooth brush to get it off, works like a charm I hear.

Invisibledrr
Female
Re: Just got some PE [Re: abltsandwich]
    #14285647 - 04/13/11 06:27 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Are they fully dried? They don't quite look shriveled enough but maybe PE are different.

Offlineargg
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Nigeria
Re: Just got some PE [Re: drr]
    #14285673 - 04/13/11 06:30 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

if you paid money for them clean the bottoms off and exchange it for more mushroom matter. If someone is selling them they should be super cracker dry and bottoms clean of any non mushroom material.

--------------------

Invisibleawakendone
Male User Gallery

#14285715 - 04/13/11 06:35 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

yeah, i would say those probably are PE.
i've read conflicting info about how bad vermiculite really is.
but i always remove it from the stems before drying them anyways. either way, theres not much there to really worry about.

OfflineJoolz
Male

Re: Just got some PE [Re: awakendone]
    #14286105 - 04/13/11 07:35 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Verm is just a mineral. I've eaten it caked onto the end of my own shrooms more times than I can comprehend and have had no problems with it.

--------------------
Prohibition didn't work for God; Eve ate the fruit.

Offlineargg
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Just got some PE [Re: Joolz]
    #14286119 - 04/13/11 07:37 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

its bad to inhale and may be safe to eat like you other people have done but if they are paid for shrooms that shit aint right.

--------------------

Offlinepyl91

Loc: Flag
Re: Just got some PE [Re: argg]
    #14286628 - 04/13/11 08:57 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Looks like coir and vermiculite. Whoever grew them didn't do a very thorough job of washing the fruits, although sometimes bits of the substrate are embedded into the mushroom around the base and it's nearly impossible to get off short of taking a scalpel to the shroom (too much work when there are lots of fruits to harvest).

Offlineradiotek
Stranger
    #14286888 - 04/13/11 09:39 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you for all your answers, especially in helping out a new member to the forum such as myself.  I will go ahead and brush it off when I plan on eating them this weekend or possibly making them into a lemonade mushroom tea. I will also have to discuss getting a discount as some have suggested.  These were rather pricey for an eighth.

Offlineargg
Stranger
 User Gallery

#14287260 - 04/13/11 10:42 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

show him this post and tell him he has no business selling shit-stained mushrooms. Grow your own if you can as for 50 bucks worth of shit you could have a pile of them. Guy you bought them from is so cheap he will not clean off a few grams of shit per pound in order to make sure some possibly asbestos containing shit is not still stuck to them. How dry are they? super will crack if you try to flex them dry?

--------------------

Offlineradiotek
Stranger
    #14287709 - 04/14/11 12:00 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

They are cracker dry at least and very easy to snap, which is good.  I am quite disappointed in the stuck on minerals adding to the weight though, that is really cheap.

InvisibleShadOWCrack
~~~LOOKING DOWN THE SCOPE~~~
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: EVERY WHERE
    #14287952 - 04/14/11 01:05 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

radiotek said:
They are cracker dry at least and very easy to snap, which is good.  I am quite disappointed in the stuck on minerals adding to the weight though, that is really cheap.

yeah thats fucked up bro

kick them in the nutz and take there shit

--------------------
AMU=Amateur Mycologists United

AMU ------->:opensign:--->:goatse:<---:opensign:<------Q&A
:squirrelnut:I'm just a squirrel man, trying to get a nut:urinate:

:v::v:

:opensign: VVV Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV :opensign:

Offlinegornyhuy
A Myth Intrepidly Met
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Just got some PE [Re: ShadOWCrack]
    #14289283 - 04/14/11 10:42 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Careful getting pissed at your connection - It just means someone was harvesting a lot and got a little lazy/hasty when picking them.  For all you know he compensated for this in the weight already.  PE tends to be dense so it could be heavier than it looks.

At any rate, you have a few things going for you:
1)its easy to clean it up
2)it is clearly quality product that was grown indoors
3)PE is strong as shit and usually a half an eighth or 2g is plenty for a fantastic powerful trip for me.

BUT, like they said above, I'd recommend you learn to grow. You'll never look back. :smile:

--------------------
:mushroom2:Bulk Grow Substrate Calculator Spreadsheet - Download :heartpump: Thread:mushroom2:
*Downloaded over 3,500 times!* Also try the DMT Changa Mix Calculator

Stonesun's Amazing Sclerotia/Stones Guide:mushroom2:Vasodilator List:mushroom2:Niacinamide - reduce trip anxiety

Offlinepyl91

Loc: Flag
    #14289333 - 04/14/11 10:49 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

radiotek said:

Meh, I wouldn't be too concerned about it. The bits that are stuck on probably weigh less than .1g. If they weren't fully dry, then I'd be upset.

Offlineargg
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Just got some PE [Re: gornyhuy]
    #14289440 - 04/14/11 11:11 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

gornyhuy said:
Careful getting pissed at your connection - It just means someone was harvesting a lot and got a little lazy/hasty when picking them.  For all you know he compensated for this in the weight already.  PE tends to be dense so it could be heavier than it looks.

At any rate, you have a few things going for you:
1)its easy to clean it up
2)it is clearly quality product that was grown indoors
3)PE is strong as shit and usually a half an eighth or 2g is plenty for a fantastic powerful trip for me.

BUT, like they said above, I'd recommend you learn to grow. You'll never look back. :smile:

a friend of mine would harvest many many pounds every month and would make sure not a single shroom had any shitstains on them. Even if it took a few people running late nights everyone would be cleaned. I helped clean them and he was pretty laid back most of the time but when it came time for shroomyshrooms he is a nazi about product quality. I had him help trim weed of mine before and we would trade work all time and he really was the only trimmer who would never ever bitch and moan and was a nitpicky freak who would make sure all crows feet and excess leaf was gone even on popcorn nugs.

If you do not bitch a little at least you get stuck with crap on your shrooms forever from this source. It is true maybe the guy added extra weight but until they are weighed we do not know. This dealer seems like one who thinks pounds are 448 grams.

--------------------

Offlinegornyhuy
A Myth Intrepidly Met
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #14289455 - 04/14/11 11:14 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

That is a good business man.  Quality product and customer service are #1 whether it be selling gizmos or drugs.

Just to point out to the non-growers, not all shrooms are grown in manure.  Coir is very popular as a substrate these days so there is not necessarily shit on the shrooms either.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Bulk Grow Substrate Calculator Spreadsheet - Download :heartpump: Thread:mushroom2:
*Downloaded over 3,500 times!* Also try the DMT Changa Mix Calculator

Stonesun's Amazing Sclerotia/Stones Guide:mushroom2:Vasodilator List:mushroom2:Niacinamide - reduce trip anxiety

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: Just got some PE [Re: gornyhuy]
    #14289964 - 04/14/11 01:02 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

not pe IMO
but cubes nonetheless, you'll trip

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags