Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Buffalo dung... Good / Bad?
    #1428247 - 04/04/03 09:52 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I have a huge source for this stuff, is it good? What would be the best kind of dung to use? The diffrences would probably be miniscule im sure, but hey, it cant hurt to ask...

So far ive only worked with cakes and straw, as soon as we get enough sun here to thaw and dry some patties, im gonna go collecting free substrate  :grin: 

--------------------
To give is to live...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Buffalo dung... Good / Bad? [Re: ATWAR]
    #1428277 - 04/04/03 10:09 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

What are they eating?

I'm sure the poop would be similar to horse, but then again you are what you eat. Horse poo wouldn't be good if they ate twigs and pebbles, and neither would buffalo. So what are they eating, can you find out?

BTW, my hunch would be yes you can, almost any herbivore's shit will do. Why don't you try spawning some?

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Re: Buffalo dung... Good / Bad? [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #1428382 - 04/04/03 11:04 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

That is what I plan to do as soon as it dries out a little here. I have sources for both horse and buffalo dung, the horses eat straw and hay I think, but I have no idea what the buffalo have been eating. I think they just graze in the pasture during the warmer months, but I have no idea what they have been eating this winter.

I can find out, but I think im going to try it first before I go collect some horse dung, its easier for me to get the buffalo waste, and the pasture is quite large. I should be able to find some nice aged patties there rather than trampled ones in the horse pasture.

I should have thought about its all about what they eat.... I can see if the had a poor diet the dung wouldnt be as nutrient rich as if they were well fed.

--------------------
To give is to live...

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1428383 - 04/04/03 11:04 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

A buffalo is not much more than a big hairy cow. Mix that shit with a bit of straw and you should be good to go.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Re: Buffalo dung... Good / Bad? [Re: dog]
    #1428460 - 04/04/03 12:03 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

But if your gonna do it, you might as well do it right and use what works best.
Thats what I live by.

I would be using poo now if we didnt have horrible winters here, and I really dont stock up for the long, long winter. Just wondering if perhaps the buffalo dung would be detrimental in any way. I wanted to see if it would provide an advantage over horse manure.

Now that I think about it, it prolly wouldnt matter much at all. The buffalo dung would be much better source anyway. At least thats one advantage...

--------------------
To give is to live...

Offlinemycophat
    #1428487 - 04/04/03 12:21 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Actually I think I might be able to get my hands on some buffalo and beefalo dung in my area. And I would assume the beefalo dung would be as good or better than cow patties as a friend uses it for some mary jane he grows and says it works better than cow poo for that (much thicker resin filled buds). My only question to that is would a person pasteurize the dung and the straw together or separately.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Buffalo dung... Good / Bad? [Re: mycophat]
    #1429095 - 04/04/03 04:45 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

More THC in the buds? I think that has to do with more of the ratio of nutes (you know 7-5-12 etc.) than anything else. The roots of a plant pick up nutrients, where as in mycelia growth it's many many factors.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation