Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Amazon Ayahuasca, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebholzer
quasi-scientist

Folding@home Statistics
MAOI Diet question
    #14277781 - 04/12/11 02:36 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Okay, so tonight I'm making some mimosahuasca jello shots for the first time. I'm super excited, but I'm worried about how I've been keeping up with the diet.

I ate some lasagna last night, which of course had cheese in it. How important is the diet? (Healthwise, I know it's important mentally)

Should I really be worried, or wait, or will I be good to go?

--------------------

Use these substances wisely, they have the ability to cause life altering realizations.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebholzer
quasi-scientist

Folding@home Statistics
Re: MAOI Diet question [Re: bholzer]
    #14277796 - 04/12/11 02:41 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Ah, nevermind, found something after a bit more research!

"
Well, Peganum Harmala (Syrian Rue) contains harmaline and harmine, both potent, but selective (and short-term reversable) inhibitors of MAO-A. But there are three good arguments that tyramine is not a problem:

1. Timing. Tyramine gets digested pretty quickly, and likely clears the gut in 12 hours or so. The harmala alkaloids are also short acting, and also clear in 12 hours, perhaps more like 6 hours. Most people who take Syrian Rue brews do not eat anything just before, since vomiting is so common, and few people eat a big meal right afterward. This means it's unlikely the two would be at high levels at the same time.
  2. Selectivity. Tyramine is also controlled by MAO-B, which is not affected by the harmala's, which inhibit MAO-A. Medical experience with moclobimide, another reversable MAOAI (but not as strong as harmaline), is also that tyramine is not as much of a problem as it is with the older, irreversable (2 weeks or so), and non-selective medical MAO-I's such as parnate.
  3. Experience. There are some anecdotal reports of ingesting tyramine foods just after a Syrian Rue experience without problems.
"

--------------------

Use these substances wisely, they have the ability to cause life altering realizations.

Offlinegushtunkinflupped
#########

#14278208 - 04/12/11 04:03 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

You'll be fine..the food restrictions are way over exaggerated..just dont take any anti-depressants or strange drugs/medications (especially SSRI's)..since these are where the real life threatening problems can arise..theres alot of info online about this

that said, eating a plant/fruit based diet SERIOUSLY synergizes unbelievably well with frequent ayahuasca and psychedelic use. I've also noticed that those who eat SAD (Standard American Diet) seem much more likely to puke when taking aya

--------------------

InvisibleMoo456
Pied_Piper

#14278972 - 04/12/11 06:48 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

If you want the best results, it's worth not eating for 12 hours before. It's also not hard to abstain from food that long.

--------------------

Offlinebholzer
quasi-scientist

Folding@home Statistics
Re: MAOI Diet question [Re: Moo456]
    #14279039 - 04/12/11 07:03 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Moo456 said:
If you want the best results, it's worth not eating for 12 hours before. It's also not hard to abstain from food that long.

Yea, that's what I decided. I will be dosing tonight at 11. Can't wait.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Amazon Ayahuasca, Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience