Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
How did you decide on your shroomery handle?
    #1427249 - 04/03/03 09:00 PM (21 years, 9 hours ago)

No, it's not philosophy, but a "get better acquainted" thread. There are some wild and bizarre names here and I have a "need to know".

OK, since you asked, I will start:

Swami has long been a nickname of mine given to me by fellow backgammon players for my seemingly uncanny ability to "predict" the roll; naturally it is all about odds, but it looks like magic. Away from the game, I was also able to pick up subtle cues to "read" people making them think that I am psychic.

The Mystic Spook part was added after I stumbled on a fishing lure by that name while peaking on mushrooms down by Lake Mead. The sychronicity tickled me.

What is YOUR story?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineuser_exists
Stranger
Re: How did you decide on your shroomery handle? [Re: Swami]
    #1427296 - 04/03/03 09:49 PM (21 years, 8 hours ago)

I kept typing in username after username and it said "user exists" everytime so I was just sitting there looking around my room for a word or two and seen that on my screen. Theres another guy here with the same name (in caps) I bet he picked the name for the same reason

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1427304 - 04/03/03 10:12 PM (21 years, 7 hours ago)

I don't think you want hear mine, SERIOUSLY. But if you must know read below. You will laugh, maybe cry, but certainly you will think I am a sick little monkey....

choda originated way back in grade 9 when I first heard this word and got hooked on it due to its explicit meaning. *ehmm*...for those of you who don't know, a choda is the skin between your private area and your anus. yea I know what yer thinking, "ewwww, that's gross dude". Its a perfectly healthy and normal response  :crazy:

So now you ask yourself "What the hell is a chodamunky then?

Well, one day (still back in grade 9) me and a friend got a little drunk after school at his house and we came up with this: A choda monkey is a tiny little monkey that lives in your general choda area and it likes to swing from your bum hairs like Tarzan, haha, still gives me a chuckle when I think about it. I even drew what a chodamunky looks like (kinda like Ren from the cartoon show Ren & Stimpy)

I changed monkey to "munky" since one of the guitar players in KoRn has that nickname and I really digged that band a few years ago. So there you go, the incoherent imagination of a drunk grade 9 version of me produced the nickname I use on the shroomery today. 

Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

Loc: Kansas
    #1427312 - 04/03/03 10:19 PM (21 years, 7 hours ago)

My wife and I joke around sometimes before bed (after smoking up a wee bit) and think of humourous compound words, like booby-poop or terd-burgler. Buttonion was one of them, and for some reason we were laughing about for a ling time.

...yes, you definitely had to be there.

--------------------
Concepts which have been proved to be useful in ordering things easily acquire such an authority over us that we forget their human origins and accept them as invariable.- Albert Einstein

Anonymous

#1427319 - 04/03/03 10:23 PM (21 years, 7 hours ago)

overall, most of my nicknames mean nothing, but this one has some subtle meaning. loon because i'm weird. loner because i walk this earth alone.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1427330 - 04/03/03 10:29 PM (21 years, 7 hours ago)

I am evolving, I thought it would make a good noun as well.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: How did you decide on your shroomery handle? [Re: Evolving]
    #1427349 - 04/03/03 10:37 PM (21 years, 7 hours ago)

Ive always had it ;[

OfflineAbFab
me

Loc: Here
Re: How did you decide on your shroomery handle? [Re: Evolving]
    #1427350 - 04/03/03 10:38 PM (21 years, 7 hours ago)

the show "absolutely fabulous" was on TV at the time and because i am extremely lazy (and b/c I AM absolutely fabulous) i decided on abfab

btw, i am sure that if you also posted this in OTD, you would get many more responses.

--------------------
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when your uncool.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1427357 - 04/03/03 10:40 PM (21 years, 7 hours ago)

I'm Shroomism

--------------------

OfflineAislingGheal
A wave on the ocean
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northern Ohio
    #1427368 - 04/03/03 10:47 PM (21 years, 7 hours ago)

Aisling Gheal is a song done by Iarla O'Lionaird when he was just 15 years old. It is sung in Gaelic in the old Irish way and the title means "bright vision". I can't explain why but every time I listen to that song I want to cry, it's so beautiful and so sad, it really does something to me. It's like life, bittersweet, mercurial and fluid, much like the psychedelic experience itself.

--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #1427515 - 04/04/03 12:05 AM (21 years, 6 hours ago)

My name relates to the Biblical 'Adam', the Egyptian 'Atum', the Qabbalistic 'Adam Kadmon', the Scientific 'Atom', etc etc. Oh, and did I mention my name is Adam? :smile:

"Son of Man" refers to the zodiacal house and Age of Aquarius, and literally being a 'son' (or maybe sun?) of 'man' (both in the singular and plural sense of the word).

I like my titles to mean as many things as I can conjure, because as we all know, everything is a metaphor for itself. 

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineKoOs
BlingBling!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Glendive MT
    #1427519 - 04/04/03 12:07 AM (21 years, 6 hours ago)

MIne is a tag of a group of skaters in school KOOS Kings of old school....

Lots of fun

--------------------

InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Loc: under a pine
Re: How did you decide on your shroomery handle? [Re: KoOs]
    #1427556 - 04/04/03 12:24 AM (21 years, 5 hours ago)

kopelandiaa is the word i've put on a drawing just on the coming back of a trip...on copelandia shrooms....right from the mushroom's mouth !

OfflineScumBagMaximum
Recovering CPAddict

Loc: california
Re: How did you decide on your shroomery handle? [Re: KoOs]
    #1427562 - 04/04/03 12:27 AM (21 years, 5 hours ago)

i was trying to get a screen name and everything was taken so i typed in scumbagmaximum and it worked

--------------------
~~SBM~~

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Arkansas
Re: How did you decide on your shroomery handle? [Re: ScumBagMaximum]
    #1427581 - 04/04/03 12:34 AM (21 years, 5 hours ago)

I've been treating diseases with psilocybes and writing about it and a curenado is a central american healer. I'm a half breed, and if my paper isn't well received I may also be practicing in Mexico soon.... :smile:

--------------------
Yours in the Natural State!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: How did you decide on your shroomery handle? [Re: curenado]
    #1427644 - 04/04/03 01:00 AM (21 years, 5 hours ago)

Murex is a name I use for myself that refers to my spirit rathar than my human appearance and my presense in this society in this reality. If you think about it, your parents gave you a name before knowing what qualaties you have. To me, I think you should be named later on in life as well cuz then it would seem to make more sense (imo).

Murex is also a seashell (creature) thats insides are used as a purple dye for fabricks ans stuff (Psylocybin Mushrooms have a violet/blueish color under the cap). I first heard this word in school one day and I thought it was kindof a unique name but never used it until a few years ago as my 'Music' name, and now I use it as my 'artist' name as well.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlineshroominbloom
i have arrived

#1427696 - 04/04/03 01:25 AM (21 years, 4 hours ago)

I picked this handle because I wanted to ask a question quickly and it was the first thing that came to mind. It rhymed and since I didn't really think I'd be staying (on the boards), I figured who cares if it's a little gay. Well, we can see that things didn't go exactly as planned. I don't really like the name that much, but I'm not about to change it.

Getting there because it seems to describe me (and anyone else) so well. No matter what you're doing, you're always getting there . . .

--------------------
ha

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: How did you decide on your shroomery handle? [Re: shroominbloom]
    #1427861 - 04/04/03 03:09 AM (21 years, 3 hours ago)

I was trying to post on the cultivation forum and I was like "FUCK THE FUCKERS MAKE ME REGISTER FUCK! Oh well, I'm only using this name for a few days to post some questions about growing mushrooms, so who cares." Dogomush rolled off my fingers onto the screen and BOOM history was made.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: How did you decide on your shroomery handle? [Re: Dogomush]
    #1427880 - 04/04/03 03:22 AM (21 years, 2 hours ago)

PDU = Proud Drug User....

I came up with this initially as a rejection of the straight edge movement and Their X's.
Its progressed into quite the little thing, EVERYONE from my oldschool does drugs, coke, e, etc....but they talk shit about drugs, and people who do them, wont admit to using at parties, no less snorting off toilet tanks between class, I cant stand this...If your going to use drugs, do it because you want to. if you want to do something, theres no reason to be ashamed, Stand up to the critics...I guess thats my view. Im a proud drug user, i dont hide my drug use from anyone and i think thats how it should be. There is no shame in using substances responsibily.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: How did you decide on your shroomery handle? [Re: PDU]
    #1428099 - 04/04/03 05:37 AM (21 years, 34 minutes ago)

Well because I am the only hippy in a town full of red necks and I was growing shrooms so people decided to call me Jezu short for jesus, it had even gone to a point where some dude in a local bad started preforming his song he wrote Jezu the mushroom god. So I guess the nickname has just stuck so I use it here. Even though I am not the SON OF GOD.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Edited by jezu (04/04/03 05:40 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies