Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLocky
Dont Spill Me!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over here, yes, here
I am going to grow store bought poppy seeds! Help please :)):) * 1
    #14261811 - 04/09/11 04:15 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I am going to go to the supermarket and buy some cooking poppy seeds, any brand i should look for?  I realy want it to work, so i will germinate in differnt ways to see the best for the seeds then i will use the best teks. I dont want to make any thing out of them, like codeine morphine etc i just want some brain numbbing tea! I love it, it tastes soo good idk why but i like it the best out of all teas from catnip to green/black tea and tea blends. I love it. But its not an addiction, i can handle it lol
Any brands that are  potent, of even just a mildly potent seeds, any help is goodddd

--------------------

Edited by Locky (04/09/11 05:12 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThirdEyeVision
Mystik Journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: I am going to grow store bought poppy seeds! Help please :)):) [Re: Locky] * 1
    #14264495 - 04/09/11 09:30 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Any brand will be fine. No tek is needed, they literally grow like weeds. Get a pot, add soil sprinkle seeds. cover with a tiny bit of soil and keep moist. Tada! you have more poppies than you can drink.

Culinary seeds are typically a Pink Tasmanian variety, great for disgustingly bitter tea. Taste like aspirin LOL

--------------------
Alchemy is the art of manipulating life, and consciousness in matter, to help it
evolve, or to solve problems of inner dis-harmonies.
- Jean Dubuis

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Loc: Where ppl are herded and ... Flag
Re: I am going to grow store bought poppy seeds! Help please :)):) [Re: ThirdEyeVision] * 1
    #14264660 - 04/09/11 10:14 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

yea any seeds from the stores will do the job. personally i like the ones u buy in bulk (by the pound), but the little jars of spice seeds in the spice aisle will grow too. like stated above, they are likely the tazmanian strain. with white blooms and purple/pinkish throats. the yielding opium should be just fine for what u are looking for.

tho yea, as stated above, just sprinkle them onto some soil and keep it moist. never soggy wet, but moist. the seedlings can dry out very easily, esp in warm summer/late spring climates. so keep an eye on that. i like to water with a fine mist/spray nozzle for my hose. never just let the water spray hard and guzzle all over the babies or the fragile little things will get uprooted and destroyed. do so gently. but yea they do grow like weeds and as soon as they get a few true leaves on them, they grow very fast and become a lot more resilant to abuse and the "learning curve" from newbie growers. but seriously poppies are a very easy plant to grow and i bet youl have a decent harvest.

once they are groeing, just keep them nice and watered and do the occasional thinning. if the seeds high a normal germ rate, they will grow very close together and need to be thinned. in this scenario, u pull up the weak and save the healthiest, sometimes killing off some healthy ones to allow space in the grow spot. youl have to thin several times til harvest. later on when they get big, u can save the trash and eat that as a salad with some salad dressing, and if u ahve enough of it u can get nice and loaded as a result:super:

but yea, id advise against doing container grows as suggested above. youl have more success from just tilling some soil in your bkyard and then do a patch grow. never transplant, plant where u want to harvest. the roots are fragile and wont like it one bit. i like patches instead of pots because u can fit many more together and what starts off as a lot of plants in a container can be reduced down to one fully mature plant. if u do do it, then use the long rectangular containers and do your best to spread them out with thinning. but imho, youll prob have better results and more plants (fullsized) from growing in the ground.

get as big of a spot as u can afford doing. after thinning, what was once a 100 or more plants can only be a dozen or so at harvest. so keepthis in mind and stretch out your spot as much as u can. luckily for someone growing pops, they look like weeds up until they go into flowering. and most people dont kno what they look like. but if u were paranoid about this, then mix in some other typers of flowers to mask their prescence, just be sure not to cut in on the poppies' rootspace.

happy gardening locky:cool:

--------------------
LOVE LIFE AND LIVE IT HARD!

'Great Spirit, today, let me touch the Earth so the Earth can touch me.'

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

A monkey w/out his jungle is just an inmate-- :heart:lipa

InvisibleLocky
Dont Spill Me!
Male User Gallery

Re: I am going to grow store bought poppy seeds! Help please :)):) [Re: Lipa Kreepa] * 1
    #14265459 - 04/10/11 02:58 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Wow . Thanks for that, i cant wait to grow!!!! Ill probably buy seeds tomorrow and plant them tomorrow,
Also should i soak them or does it not realy matter?

And how potent are the poppys? I want something wayy better than a codeine high

--------------------

Edited by Locky (04/10/11 03:04 AM)

OfflineThirdEyeVision
Mystik Journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: I am going to grow store bought poppy seeds! Help please :)):) [Re: Locky] * 1
    #14266118 - 04/10/11 09:26 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

No need to soak poppy seeds. Potent? Well, I made a tea once and it tasted so bad I couldn't finish it. I've forced down a lot of horrid tasting things in the name of ... science :crazy2: and poppy tea takes the award for one of the worse, right there with the dream herb (Calea Zacatechichi)  :puke:  :puke:  :puke:

--------------------
Alchemy is the art of manipulating life, and consciousness in matter, to help it
- Jean Dubuis

InvisibleKBG1977
Re: I am going to grow store bought poppy seeds! Help please :)):) [Re: ThirdEyeVision] * 1
    #14266947 - 04/10/11 12:53 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

McCormick ;-)

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

#14268742 - 04/10/11 07:46 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Locky said:
Wow . Thanks for that, i cant wait to grow!!!! Ill probably buy seeds tomorrow and plant them tomorrow,
Also should i soak them or does it not realy matter?

And how potent are the poppys? I want something wayy better than a codeine high

poppies can be as potent as u need them to be. they contain morphine and codiene... well the opium does anyway. whatever dose u desire can be made from simple adjustments in dosage weights of the plant material.

theres no need to soak poppy seeds at all. its nothing like pot. nothing at all. just sprinkle the seeds right from the jar/bag onto the moist soil and let nature do its thing.

happy harvesting:heart:

--------------------

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

#14268765 - 04/10/11 07:50 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ThirdEyeVision said:
No need to soak poppy seeds. Potent? Well, I made a tea once and it tasted so bad I couldn't finish it. I've forced down a lot of horrid tasting things in the name of ... science :crazy2: and poppy tea takes the award for one of the worse, right there with the dream herb (Calea Zacatechichi)  :puke:  :puke:  :puke:

he wasnt talking about making seed tea i dont think. i think he was just asking about the general potencey of the poppies themselves. but no u are right, seed tea is aweful. it has to be the grossest thing ive ever had to drink. seriously when im dope sick and all i have is poppy seed, i want to scream and then throw up right after the first sip! not to mention having to wait around and filter all that sludge up from the solution before u can drink it. the shit taste worst than mop water with rotting cheese juice mixed in. fucking gross!

--------------------

InvisibleLocky
Dont Spill Me!
Male User Gallery

Re: I am going to grow store bought poppy seeds! Help please :)):) [Re: Lipa Kreepa] * 1
    #14268806 - 04/10/11 07:59 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

]there is no fuking way im going to make poppy seed tea, it surly is gross! Im looking to make awesome poppy pod tea :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleLocky
Dont Spill Me!
Male User Gallery

#14268856 - 04/10/11 08:06 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Oh yeh could i throw a shitload of pods and leaves into a blender then add some water so its thick and gross, then filter the solids out and put the liquid in a pot and slowly simmer until its all evaped and  leaves a gooy thick opium? Would this tek work?

--------------------

OfflineOregonChronic
Iron, Lion, Cyans
 User Gallery

Loc: Scoping Woodchips
    #14268896 - 04/10/11 08:12 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

One main thing you need to worry about is ants and slugs....fuck em.. Ants will raid a good % of your seeds before they even germinate. Ants love poppy seeds more than ever.

So id advise to germinate them inside to get them established first, maybe on some peat pellets or something else so transplanting is easy.

And then get some slug repellents or someshit because spring slugs will eat up your sprouts over the nights...i had a lush green poppy patch last spring and i didnt do anything about the slugs and it slowly disappeared and i never grew any.

So ants and slugs are your main enemies in this subject. I am going to be growing some poppys soon too. With the same seeds from last year. But this year i know about the ants and the slugs. Fuck em.

--------------------
:mushroomgrow:Wavy Cap Cyan Spore Prints for Trade/Sale :mushroomgrow:

InvisibleLocky
Dont Spill Me!
Male User Gallery

Re: I am going to grow store bought poppy seeds! Help please :)):) [Re: OregonChronic] * 1
    #14269030 - 04/10/11 08:31 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I have a heap of slug pellets and ant sand, plant freindly too :smile:

--------------------

OfflineThirdEyeVision
Mystik Journeyman
 User Gallery

#14269235 - 04/10/11 09:03 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Lipa Kreepa said:
Quote:

ThirdEyeVision said:

he wasnt talking about making seed tea i dont think. i think he was just asking about the general potencey of the poppies themselves. but no u are right, seed tea is aweful. it has to be the grossest thing ive ever had to drink. seriously when im dope sick and all i have is poppy seed, i want to scream and then throw up right after the first sip! not to mention having to wait around and filter all that sludge up from the solution before u can drink it. the shit taste worst than mop water with rotting cheese juice mixed in. fucking gross!

Poppy pod tea is what I was referring too. It taste 1000X worse than the seed tea. What taste so bad is the morphine/codeine. I'm getting sick just thinking about it  :scat:

--------------------
- Jean Dubuis

OfflineThirdEyeVision
Mystik Journeyman
 User Gallery

#14269253 - 04/10/11 09:06 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Locky said:
Oh yeh could i throw a shitload of pods and leaves into a blender then add some water so its thick and gross, then filter the solids out and put the liquid in a pot and slowly simmer until its all evaped and  leaves a gooy thick opium? Would this tek work?

The easiest way I've found is break up the pods you want into a French Press. Poor almost boiling water into it and let it sit for 20 - 30 minutes. Press down the filter and walla! Growing them and making them are the easy part.... keeping the tea down is the tough part :smirk:

--------------------
- Jean Dubuis

InvisibleLocky
Dont Spill Me!
Male User Gallery

#14269504 - 04/10/11 09:45 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I
Quote:

ThirdEyeVision said:

The easiest way I've found is break up the pods you want into a French Press. Poor almost boiling water into it and let it sit for 20 - 30 minutes. Press down the filter and walla! Growing them and making them are the easy part.... keeping the tea down is the tough part :smirk:

Sounds good! I will def try this,
As to growing, should i start to plant the seeds Now? Or is it to cold/hot/early/late?
And what is the average potenticy of these tas poppys? I use to do sooooo much codeine when i was younger and i ussaly took around about 300-400 mg,
I have recently gotten some oxycodone, it was great, i did about 25 mg the fisrt time then 20 mg the second. How does it compare to codeine and oxycodone.
I know it will be way better than codeine,As of the morpheine. but how bout the oxy?

--------------------

Edited by Locky (04/10/11 09:51 PM)

InvisibleLocky
Dont Spill Me!
Male User Gallery

#14269578 - 04/10/11 09:55 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the help so far, +5 for you guys :smile:

--------------------

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
    #14270436 - 04/11/11 01:36 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ThirdEyeVision said:
right there with the dream herb (Calea Zacatechichi)  :puke:  :puke:  :puke:

yeah, Im going to second that for the Calea... ugg. Honestly fresh pod tea doesn't taste as bad. I slow cook mine down to a couple of oz anyways. Never drank gut rot to get drunk before?

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

OfflineThirdEyeVision
Mystik Journeyman
 User Gallery

#14271372 - 04/11/11 09:40 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Locky said:
I
Quote:

ThirdEyeVision said:

Sounds good! I will def try this,
As to growing, should i start to plant the seeds Now? Or is it to cold/hot/early/late?
And what is the average potenticy of these tas poppys? I use to do sooooo much codeine when i was younger and i ussaly took around about 300-400 mg,
I have recently gotten some oxycodone, it was great, i did about 25 mg the fisrt time then 20 mg the second. How does it compare to codeine and oxycodone.
I know it will be way better than codeine,As of the morpheine. but how bout the oxy?

As long as you have no more frost you're good to go. As far as comparing it to meds, not sure. Even pods can be very dangerous and addictive. If you've suffered from addiction to opiates STAY AWAY from them. I'm not saying you do, just looking out.

Typically you'd start with 3 pods and go from there. If you want more next time, do 4. But they are dangerous so do plenty of research beyond people's opinions on a forum.

Thanks for the +5, you broke my cherry  :snoop:

--------------------
- Jean Dubuis

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

#14272341 - 04/11/11 01:15 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ThirdEyeVision said:
Quote:

Lipa Kreepa said:
Quote:

ThirdEyeVision said:

Poppy pod tea is what I was referring too. It taste 1000X worse than the seed tea. What taste so bad is the morphine/codeine. I'm getting sick just thinking about it  :scat:

u really think so? id prefer poppy pod tea to seed tea any day of the week. shit, PPT taste like fine champagne in contrast to what i cook up with seeds. fresh PPT is def easier to get down but i find that tha taste improves and is something to get use to with each and every cup.,

tho yes be careful with this stuff, as it is a very addictive and powerful drug. its no different than any other opiate. it mainly contains morphine, which can kill u if u arent careful with your dosage.... it can also cause a physical dependency/addiction if u dont space out your dosage wisely enough. tho keep in mind tha latter will take several monthes and by the time u are acting irresponsible and start to crave it more than u should, youl likely run out long before then. but many people start off with PPT and then enjoy it so much that they hunt for other opiates to take its place afterwards. like when harvest has come and gone, u might wanna hunt for a few pain pills or even heroin to keep the nod going. so its best to just chill out and practice self control ater u run out.

as far as fresh tea. this is the most potent and easy to prepare. basically ll u need to do is boil some hot water and then put some fresh pods into a blender. then pour in the near boiling water, and blend. do this for a good 15seconds or so (do it a little longer if its taking a while to chop up) and then shut off and set up for a filtering. you can either filter whilehot or let it cool for a few minutes befgore proceeding. fresh tea is much better of a high and it also requires a little less in dosage than dried pods.

the way i cook dried pods is too powder with a coffee grinder. boil some water with a squirt of lemon in there. then when it starts to boil, i drop in the poppy powder and then i start stirring and quickly remove from the heat. i stir for a good bit then i put on the lid and let it cool for several minutes. after that, filter and feast.

ohhh boy :tee:

yea ive never had probs with slugs or ants with any of my poppies. never actually. u must have some hardcore vermin! i have had probs with slugs and mushrooms tho. every time i had a few pins, they were covered with slug holes in the morning!!!!:grrr: but w poppies, never. sometimes theyre the only ting in the garden that is still alive:lol:

--------------------

OfflineHorticulture
Mycocurious
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #14272810 - 04/11/11 02:49 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Pod Tea is not really so bad. I think it tastes kind of good.

But it's scary habit forming. Like, I will drink it only when I really need to get to sleep at night, and the next day, I will literally have to stop myself from making more.  Cause your body is just like "hey, that was nice, let's do that again!" and you're all like "no body! we don't need to be addicted to opiates!" and then it's all "but I waaaaaaaaaaaaaant to!"

--------------------
The Plant Mage Guild

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order