Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Malt Extract

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePulseEden
Cyborg
Male User Gallery

How does this LC look?
    #14268805 - 04/10/11 09:58 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

This is my first time trying to make LCs. I did it with three varieties, one of them being pans. I used about half of each syringe for 600 ml (quart jar), may have been overkill but I have enough left for other stuff.

Here's what I did:

For 600 ml distilled water
3 teaspoons Dextrose
2 teaspoons extra light malt extract
4-6 glass stones for added stirrage

Put on some LC jars with vacutainer injector sites and micron syringe filters from The Mad Season.

Pressure cooked at 15 PSI for 30 minutes.

Let cool overnight.

The jars had a light amber color and some grainy looking sediment on the bottom.

3 days after inoculation I started seeing growth at the bottom. I'm not sure what to make of it. It's not white but it's not any darker than the color of the liquid, so I am just thinking it's colored that way because of the liquid its in. It seems to be eating up the sediment. Some of the little globs have strands hanging off of them. If they haven't been stirred in awhile and everything is allowed to settle, the water is not cloudy at all and it has not become any darker.

I've read so many posts saying that these are all signs of contamination, but I've seen just as many posts saying that this is all fine and normal. So I have no idea what to think. Here's some pics, they're not the best quality but perhaps they will help some of you shed an opinion.

--------------------
I booped your daughter! A boop boop boop!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: How does this LC look? [Re: PulseEden]
    #14268948 - 04/10/11 10:20 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Half a syringe? Yuck. A few drops, dude. Drops.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflinePulseEden
Cyborg
Male User Gallery

Re: How does this LC look? [Re: Doc_T]
    #14268989 - 04/10/11 10:27 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Haha! Yea, I remembered reading to use a whole syringe. Guess I'm bananas. Good to know for next time! So if these fail I'll try again with a few drops haha.

--------------------

Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

#14269054 - 04/10/11 10:35 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

You can't tell dick with those pics. You only need a few drops of spores from a syringe. Less is always more in this case. More then likely its contaminated if you put that many spores. However, those pictures are so bad I can't pass any sort of judgement.

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

OfflinePulseEden
Cyborg
Male User Gallery

Re: How does this LC look? [Re: ronjohn7779]
    #14269329 - 04/10/11 11:18 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I know, the pictures suck, but it's the best I can do.

Why would extra spores cause contamination? If the contents of the syringe is purely spores, and no contaminants are introduced during inoculation, AND no contaminants are alive in the liquid medium how could extra spores cause something other than mycellium to grow?

--------------------

Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

#14269459 - 04/10/11 11:36 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

PulseEden said:
I know, the pictures suck, but it's the best I can do.

Why would extra spores cause contamination? If the contents of the syringe is purely spores, and no contaminants are introduced during inoculation, AND no contaminants are alive in the liquid medium how could extra spores cause something other than mycellium to grow?

Spores are filthy (even when bought from a reliable seller). The more of them you use the higher the contamination rate is. Also, LCs inherently contaminate really easily.

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

OfflinePulseEden
Cyborg
Male User Gallery

Re: How does this LC look? [Re: ronjohn7779]
    #14269542 - 04/10/11 11:50 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I see.

Interesting. Well, I'm very clean. Since my first two attempts at growing (they failed) I have had a zero contamination rate of cakes prior to second flush aside from one batch which was a contaminated syringe (only the 9 done with that specific syringe went green).

So, I think that's about... 50 cakes in a row with no contams prior to some harvested mushrooms. And when I make syringes I basically make them BLACK with spores, and I definitely use the solution VERY liberally.

So, with that stuff in mind I'm not ready to toss these. I'll give them like two or three more days, then hit up a few grain jars to test.

--------------------

OfflinePulseEden
Cyborg
Male User Gallery

#14467547 - 05/17/11 01:50 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I have tested all my liquid cultures on multiple jars, they have all grown out clean and healthy. Especially the pans :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Malt Extract

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation