Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblesporeRider
Proud sporeRider :)
 User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Sun Expels Monster Fireball 400X Bigger than Jupiter: Expected to Hit Earth April 10/11 [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #14264764 - 04/09/11 10:42 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

:eek:

--------------------
http://

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemasterfluffypants
The Psilocybin Psychospawn
Male

Loc: Electric Ladyland Flag
Re: Sun Expels Monster Fireball 400X Bigger than Jupiter: Expected to Hit Earth April 10/11 [Re: DieCommie] * 3
    #14264771 - 04/09/11 10:43 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Shit has been getting better for thousands of years, and continues to get better every year.

We have hundreds of thousands, if not millions of years left as a species.

:lol: Thats funny

--------------------
"You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?"

"Mmm...All the time. It's called mescaline, it's the only way to fly."

:peyote: :sanpedro:    :sanpedro: :peyote:

InvisibleMad_Larkin

Re: Sun Expels Monster Fireball 400X Bigger than Jupiter: Expected to Hit Earth April 10/11 [Re: masterfluffypants]
    #14264784 - 04/09/11 10:45 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

masterfluffypants said:
Quote:

DieCommie said:
Shit has been getting better for thousands of years, and continues to get better every year.

We have hundreds of thousands, if not millions of years left as a species.

:lol: Thats funny

Yeah, when you factor in exponential population growth, if we are around in hundreds of thousands of years we'll be living inside each other's shoes.

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Sun Expels Monster Fireball 400X Bigger than Jupiter: Expected to Hit Earth April 10/11 [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #14264797 - 04/09/11 10:47 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Species dont grow exponentially, they grow logistically.  Human population growth is slowing and is projected to stabilize in a couple hundred years.

InvisibleSamuel L Jackson
Bad Motherfucker
Male

Re: Sun Expels Monster Fireball 400X Bigger than Jupiter: Expected to Hit Earth April 10/11 [Re: Mad_Larkin] * 1
    #14264802 - 04/09/11 10:48 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

damnit i new i should have waited to trip my balls off!

Quote:

masterfluffypants said:
Quote:

Mad_Larkin said:
It's really weird when you seriously contemplate the fact that the entire human race could be completely wiped out by any number of comological/geological events.

(extensive use of italics for emphasis)

For me it's the final proof that we should all just chill the FUCK back, stop killing each other and enjoy the fireworks when they come.
:chillin:

I strongly believe we're in the final stretch. People can say all they want about 2011 judgement day or 2012 or whatever and how its not going to happen...but the signs are all around. The world is in such shit condition. All around. Wars, debt, increase in earthquake activity and other natural disasters, swarms of large solar flares, global warming, the shit thats going down in the middle east, the worlds new radiation problem. Shit is NOT going to get better

youre looking at things in the big picture and taking it seriously when you shouldnt

all the tribes that live in south america will tell you that everything is the same way it was last week, and last week it was the same way it was about 1000 years ago.

just because you can watch other people suffer on tv doesnt mean youre going to suffer as well.

and if the world ends tomorrow, cool. let it happen. fry your balls off and watch it go down. but dont get all worked up BEFORE it happens. because if it doesnt happen you just look like a :tinfoil: maniac.

--------------------

InvisibleMad_Larkin

Re: Sun Expels Monster Fireball 400X Bigger than Jupiter: Expected to Hit Earth April 10/11 [Re: DieCommie]
    #14264804 - 04/09/11 10:49 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Population growth is slowing? :ifyoucanawe:

*cough* Burden of proof *cough*

InvisibleMad_Larkin

Re: Sun Expels Monster Fireball 400X Bigger than Jupiter: Expected to Hit Earth April 10/11 [Re: Samuel L Jackson]
    #14264808 - 04/09/11 10:50 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SamuelLJackson said:
damnit i new i should have waited to trip my balls off!

Quote:

masterfluffypants said:
Quote:

Mad_Larkin said:
It's really weird when you seriously contemplate the fact that the entire human race could be completely wiped out by any number of comological/geological events.

(extensive use of italics for emphasis)

For me it's the final proof that we should all just chill the FUCK back, stop killing each other and enjoy the fireworks when they come.
:chillin:

I strongly believe we're in the final stretch. People can say all they want about 2011 judgement day or 2012 or whatever and how its not going to happen...but the signs are all around. The world is in such shit condition. All around. Wars, debt, increase in earthquake activity and other natural disasters, swarms of large solar flares, global warming, the shit thats going down in the middle east, the worlds new radiation problem. Shit is NOT going to get better

youre looking at things in the big picture and taking it seriously when you shouldnt

all the tribes that live in south america will tell you that everything is the same way it was last week, and last week it was the same way it was about 1000 years ago.

just because you can watch other people suffer on tv doesnt mean youre going to suffer as well.

and if the world ends tomorrow, cool. let it happen. fry your balls off and watch it go down. but dont get all worked up BEFORE it happens. because if it doesnt happen you just look like a :tinfoil: maniac.

Well, I think we've all offered some wisdom to this debate.

We're all winners just for taking part. :awesome:

EDIT: I feel guilty for double-posting twice in one thread. I won't do it again.

Edited by Mad_Larkin (04/09/11 10:51 PM)

InvisibleDieCommie

#14264809 - 04/09/11 10:50 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mad_Larkin said:

http://www.un.org/esa/population/publications/longrange2/WorldPop2300final.pdf

edit - by the way, the burden of proof is actually on you for making this baseless claim:"Yeah, when you factor in exponential population growth, if we are around in hundreds of thousands of years we'll be living inside each other's shoes."

:wink:

Edited by DieCommie (04/09/11 10:54 PM)

Offlinemasterfluffypants
Male

#14264823 - 04/09/11 10:54 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah. America's currently in debt as is most of the world. Nations are building superweapons to use against eachother. America just entered a war that it has no business being in (despite the allies we were "helping"). Japan just got monsterfucked and they were huge on the worlds economy. Population is constantly multiplying and not only that but stupid people are having stupid kids causing a large population of stupid fucks. We're over consuming earths natural resources, we're running out of places to put trash, and we're running out of places to dispose of nuclear waste.

We're fooked  :tinfoil:

--------------------
"You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?"

Offlinemasterfluffypants
Male

Re: Sun Expels Monster Fireball 400X Bigger than Jupiter: Expected to Hit Earth April 10/11 [Re: masterfluffypants]
    #14264826 - 04/09/11 10:55 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Of course im living life and just letting it happen as it comes. But knowing is half the battle.

Thats what Nicholas Cage did

--------------------

InvisibleMad_Larkin

Re: Sun Expels Monster Fireball 400X Bigger than Jupiter: Expected to Hit Earth April 10/11 [Re: DieCommie]
    #14264885 - 04/09/11 11:13 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

Mad_Larkin said:

http://www.un.org/esa/population/publications/longrange2/WorldPop2300final.pdf

edit - by the way, the burden of proof is actually on you for making this baseless claim:"Yeah, when you factor in exponential population growth, if we are around in hundreds of thousands of years we'll be living inside each other's shoes."

:wink:

We both made claims without giving evidence. You just happened give evidence after I asked for it.
At the risk of commiting a falacy I'd say MOST PEOPLE would agree that population is rising exponentially, therefore for most people, the burden of proof is on your black ass. :chillin:

Anyway, I flicked through that document and it's very interesting. But like the man with the fluffy pants said, it's not just population increase, or simply the number of people on the planet, it's the impact that those people have on the environment and on each other.

With only 6 billion people we're doing unbelievable damage to the environment, hacking down rainforests, depleting our fossil fuels, etc. What impact are 7-9 billion people going to have? Especially in 2050 when natural gas and oil supplies are projected to be almost depleted.

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Sun Expels Monster Fireball 400X Bigger than Jupiter: Expected to Hit Earth April 10/11 [Re: Mad_Larkin] * 1
    #14264909 - 04/09/11 11:19 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

With only 6 billion people we're doing unbelievable damage to the environment,

Sounds like more baseless fear mongering to me.

Yes the environment changes, and humans are very well suited to adapting to new environments.  Furthermore, it only takes a few thousand of us to keep the species going.  The notion that we are due for extinction anytime soon is ridiculous.  The notion that the natural disasters and political unrest we witness today is somehow special or different than it has been in earth's past is equally ridiculous.

Things are going good, the human race is doing better as time goes on and we have potential to live for hundreds of millions of years into the future.  The crocodile did it, so can we.

InvisibleDeadHearts

Loc: MICHIGAN
    #14264927 - 04/09/11 11:24 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

With only 6 billion people we're doing unbelievable damage to the environment,

Sounds like more baseless fear mongering to me.

Yes the environment changes, and humans are very well suited to adapting to new environments.  Furthermore, it only takes a few thousand of us to keep the species going.  The notion that we are due for extinction anytime soon is ridiculous.  The notion that the natural disasters and political unrest we witness today is somehow special or different than it has been in earth's past is equally ridiculous.

Things are going good, the human race is doing better as time goes on and we have potential to live for hundreds of millions of years into the future.  The crocodile did it, so can we.

Why is there any talk of an extinction???

And to say that the human race is doing better and better is fucking hilarious.

InvisibleMad_Larkin

#14264942 - 04/09/11 11:28 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

So you would disagree that humans are damaging the environment?

I don't think the human race will ever die out completely, but it IS possible. If there's another meteor impact like that which killed the dinosaurs and we aren't prepared for it, we stand no more chance than T. Rex.

Realistically, there's any number of scenarios that could put us in an "end of the world" type scenario where a huge percentage of the population could die. Not everyone, but enough for it to be an apocalypse.

Offlineclown133
Stranger
 User Gallery

#14264954 - 04/09/11 11:32 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

temperatures in the city i'm currently in: april 9th was 40s to 50s all day, is up to 70 already right now and its midnight and high of 85 expected during the day, then back to 50s the rest of the week.  its the damn fireball

--------------------

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad ~ Jack Handey

InvisibleDeadHearts

Loc: MICHIGAN
Re: Sun Expels Monster Fireball 400X Bigger than Jupiter: Expected to Hit Earth April 10/11 [Re: clown133]
    #14265005 - 04/09/11 11:46 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Some aspects of human life and our rapidly increasing technology could be seen as
"better than before" but at what cost? With the population on the rise and the demand
of natural resources from the modern world we are raping the planet.

We still have no balance with nature whatsoever. If we do not change are ways soon
earth will not be a very nice place to live.

Offlinemasterfluffypants
Male

#14265016 - 04/09/11 11:49 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mad_Larkin said:
So you would disagree that humans are damaging the environment?

I don't think the human race will ever die out completely, but it IS possible. If there's another meteor impact like that which killed the dinosaurs and we aren't prepared for it, we stand no more chance than T. Rex.

Realistically, there's any number of scenarios that could put us in an "end of the world" type scenario where a huge percentage of the population could die. Not everyone, but enough for it to be an apocalypse.

Yes some sort of apocalyptic event, whether catastrophic to the point of extinction, or just powerful enough to eliminate majority of life on earth is very highly probable. Just because humans and science are constantly evolving doesnt mean we're prepared for the worst (not that i'm implying anyones saying that specifically). At the rate that the world is going we can only hope for progress and the continuation of the generations, but we also cannot rule out the possibility that maybe we have hit the end of our civilization as we know it.

--------------------

Offlinemasterfluffypants
Male

Re: Sun Expels Monster Fireball 400X Bigger than Jupiter: Expected to Hit Earth April 10/11 [Re: DeadHearts] * 2
    #14265028 - 04/09/11 11:52 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DeadHearts said:
Some aspects of human life and our rapidly increasing technology could be seen as
"better than before" but at what cost? With the population on the rise and the demand
of natural resources from the modern world we are raping the planet.

We still have no balance with nature whatsoever. If we do not change are ways soon
earth will not be a very nice place to live.

Exactly. Despite the world and the "roadblocks" it has been experiencing for thousands of years, you have to take into account the fact that thousands of years ago, they didnt have global warming, nuclear projects, the industry that is destroying the planet and all the continuous harm to the environment. They didnt have Mcdonalds cups and fission batteries to litter centuries ago. We are deteriorating our home

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#14265079 - 04/10/11 12:09 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Edited by DieCommie (11/15/16 11:29 AM)

Offlineshroomie_glen
RedHotPussyLiquor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narf Carolina Flag
    #14265081 - 04/10/11 12:10 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I'm going to put some poppin' corn in a pan in my backyard and hope the sun can finally do something productive for my ass.
oh yeah, aside from provide all life on earth and shit.

--------------------

No. No, man. Shit, no man.  I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' somethin' like that man.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom