Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
People can sense vibes.
    #14256720 - 04/08/11 12:56 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

And then when I mention testing, suddenly people cannot sense vibes because it is on the spiritual plane and that would violate some ill-defined Kosmic Karma. BZZZT!

It only violates rationality.

If you and another person can sense vibes not transmitted through sensory clues, i.e. bodly language, facial expression, voice, etc. Then that would qualify for the Grand Skeptic Prize.

Of course we know, these thing can only be done in private when no one is looking. :rolleyes:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSamuel L Jackson
Bad Motherfucker
Male

Re: People can sense vibes. [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #14257087 - 04/08/11 03:26 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

i dunno man.

im not gonna vouch either way but you and i both know that sometimes you just get an off feeling about someone (by observing their body language, mannerisms, how comfortable they feel) and you can tell when something isnt quite right.

i consider that feeling someones vibes. they put off anxiety and it spreads to you.

sometimes the person is really happy and effervescent, and you arent having such a great day, and their happiness spreads to you and cheers you up.

or if someone is being a big buzzkill.

its hard to recreate a genuine feel about a person in a laboratory setting. it has to be something the person actually feels and is expressing.

but some people might not think of this as "vibes".

--------------------

Offlinelifeinallday
OVA<

Loc: fucked in time
Re: People can sense vibes. [Re: Samuel L Jackson]
    #14257095 - 04/08/11 03:31 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SamuelLJackson said:
i dunno man.

im not gonna vouch either way but you and i both know that sometimes you just get an off feeling about someone (by observing their body language, mannerisms, how comfortable they feel) and you can tell when something isnt quite right.

i consider that feeling someones vibes. they put off anxiety and it spreads to you.

sometimes the person is really happy and effervescent, and you arent having such a great day, and their happiness spreads to you and cheers you up.

or if someone is being a big buzzkill.

its hard to recreate a genuine feel about a person in a laboratory setting. it has to be something the person actually feels and is expressing.

but some people might not think of this as "vibes".

:thumbup:

--------------------
"In a revolving universe those who stand still move backward"- I forget

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: People can sense vibes. [Re: lifeinallday]
    #14257144 - 04/08/11 04:22 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

At least neither one of you can pass basic reading comprehension. :congrats:

--------------------

Bad Motherfucker
Male

#14257147 - 04/08/11 04:23 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

nah i read what you said. i think you and i have a different concept of "vibes".

--------------------

InvisibleSleepwalker
Overshoes

#14257151 - 04/08/11 04:26 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
If you and another person can sense vibes not transmitted through sensory clues, i.e. bodly language, facial expression, voice, etc. Then that would qualify for the Grand Skeptic Prize.

:1up:

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: People can sense vibes. [Re: Samuel L Jackson] * 1
    #14257183 - 04/08/11 06:12 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SamuelLJackson said:
nah i read what you said. i think you and i have a different concept of "vibes".

Which is why I attempted to define it, at least by limiting what it is NOT, in the OP so as to have an actual conversation. This is called a base assumption and makes some communication possible; otherwise you get ugly, go nowhere threads like the Atheism nonsense.

--------------------

Bad Motherfucker
Male

#14257190 - 04/08/11 06:18 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

you can have a conversation which includes considering another persons opinion.

you're just being closed minded.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#14257199 - 04/08/11 06:23 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I totally sense vibes and test regularly to see what they are.
occasionally it is my phone,
often I can't tell what it is
unresolved is a large portion of vibe content, and then it shifts to something
i.e. the figure ground relationship is in flux.
you still feel "vibes" or signals from the "ground", but until there is enough "vibes" you do not usually have a figure except one that you conjure, which does not make it wrong:
such as conjuring up what the opponent has in his poker hand.
thoughts are also vibes.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: People can sense vibes. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #14257208 - 04/08/11 06:30 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, my phone puts out vibes. It is called ringing.

And seeing as how most of my friends and family generally call at a certain time, I am pretty good at 'sensing' who is calling before I pick up the receiver or check caller ID.

--------------------

Invisiblethe human abstract
malaka the werewolf
Male User Gallery

#14257216 - 04/08/11 06:33 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

you dont know what ur talking about

nothing connects two peoples brains together

we are seperate but the same on FEW levels

the aura goes about 3m from the body so i guess vibes can be felt but its unlikely that youll pick up others?

--------------------
★★

InvisibleRaven Gnosis
𝔰𝔢𝔯𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔠𝔦𝔡𝔞
Male User Gallery

Loc: Necoc Yaotl
    #14257342 - 04/08/11 07:37 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
And then when I mention testing, suddenly people cannot sense vibes because it is on the spiritual plane and that would violate some ill-defined Kosmic Karma. BZZZT!

Of course we know, these thing can only be done in private when no one is looking. :rolleyes:

Eh? I always associated it with an empathetic thing, and never really thought anything spiritual or super natural of it. I've always been able to subtly sense what people are feeling, and the closer (not in proximity, but relationship) I am to that person the easier it is to tell what their thinking, not telepathically obviously. :rolleyes:

Perhaps our idea of "vibes' are starkly different than each-others.
Perhaps your gazing upon it with a perceptual lens which pigeonholes it as something it never was to begin with.:shrug2:
I can see if someone said they can sense someones vibes from ten miles away.

But being emotionally intuitive and empathetic definitely ain't some supernatural ability.:wizard:

If were calling it that, we might as well start denying the validity of -and associating the enigmatic and complicated systems which allows us to even relate to one another with such things.

I honestly think the gaping maw of ignorance regarding the nature of the subjective inner worlds and the more subtler aspects of human interaction and experience encourages us to look deeper at these things instead of rushing to brush them off and categorize them. If we don't know how something works to begin with, I don't understand the point in denying ourselves the ability to learn by taking such attitudes.

And once again, I'm not suggesting magic or the supernatural. :teleport:

--------------------
To be human is to be fettered, to endure what one is, in perpetuum, no matter what the debility or perversity.

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
    #14257699 - 04/08/11 09:50 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Orgone I love that you think so much about what I say :smile:

Vibes are just the subtle messages you're sending.  Not your words, not the musculature of your face.  A much deeper energetic disposition that you are constantly radiating.  True or false, being around an anxious person is more likely to make you anxious? Or being around a chill person makes you feel more chill? Or....being horny around your girlfriend, even from like across the room, lots of times she'll just get horny too.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

InvisibleSleepwalker
Overshoes

Re: People can sense vibes. [Re: g00ru]
    #14257780 - 04/08/11 10:11 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

How do you know those things aren't being transmitted through subtle body language?

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: People can sense vibes. [Re: Sleepwalker]
    #14257840 - 04/08/11 10:24 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

He doesn't. When the person is placed behind a screen where they can't be seen, the "vibes" can't be detected.

This has been tested. As have people who can see auras that extend 3 feet above people's head (except that somehow they can't see them extending 3 feet above a screen placed in front of the person).

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: People can sense vibes. [Re: Raven Gnosis]
    #14257885 - 04/08/11 10:33 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Raven Gnosis said:
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

Eh? I always associated it with an empathetic thing, and never really thought anything spiritual or super natural of it. I've always been able to subtly sense what people are feeling, and the closer (not in proximity, but relationship) I am to that person the easier it is to tell what their thinking, not telepathically obviously. :rolleyes:

Perhaps our idea of "vibes' are starkly different than each-others.
Perhaps your gazing upon it with a perceptual lens which pigeonholes it as something it never was to begin with.:shrug2:
I can see if someone said they can sense someones vibes from ten miles away.

But being emotionally intuitive and empathetic definitely ain't some supernatural ability.:wizard:

If were calling it that, we might as well start denying the validity of -and associating the enigmatic and complicated systems which allows us to even relate to one another with such things.

I honestly think the gaping maw of ignorance regarding the nature of the subjective inner worlds and the more subtler aspects of human interaction and experience encourages us to look deeper at these things instead of rushing to brush them off and categorize them. If we don't know how something works to begin with, I don't understand the point in denying ourselves the ability to learn by taking such attitudes.

And once again, I'm not suggesting magic or the supernatural. :teleport:

If one is capable of shifting their own energies from very negative to very positive as I am while walking around one can easily see the major extent vibes have on other people.  This is true even from 100 ft away at a store.  But to measure and quantify that in a laboratory setting?  I doubt it.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: People can sense vibes. [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #14257901 - 04/08/11 10:39 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

one can easily see the major extent vibes have on other people.  This is true even from 100 ft away at a store.  But to measure and quantify that in a laboratory setting?

What is special about a store that is absent in a laboratory? That's right, nothing at all.

If one can "easily see" it, then it can be measured and quantified. You can't have it both ways.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Re: People can sense vibes. [Re: Diploid]
    #14257940 - 04/08/11 10:51 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
one can easily see the major extent vibes have on other people.  This is true even from 100 ft away at a store.  But to measure and quantify that in a laboratory setting?

What is special about a store that is absent in a laboratory? That's right, nothing at all.

If one can "easily see" it, then it can be measured and quantified. You can't have it both ways.

I think it can be done, a least to some extent

if a nervous person's "vibes" were to be measured, they would probably be faster and arrhythmic

we have "lie detectors," which operate based on something not all too far removed from "vibes", so why not?

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

OfflineFreedom
Pigment of your imagination
Male User Gallery

#14258004 - 04/08/11 11:07 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

So OC you've had this hobby of collecting examples of collective belief of ideas that are based on flawed logic. Have you learned anything about why we do this?

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: People can sense vibes. [Re: Diploid]
    #14258090 - 04/08/11 11:28 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
He doesn't.

no u

Quote:

When the person is placed behind a screen where they can't be seen, the "vibes" can't be detected.

This has been tested. As have people who can see auras that extend 3 feet above people's head (except that somehow they can't see them extending 3 feet above a screen placed in front of the person).

Probably because body language is inseparable from detecting vibrations and auras and the like. It actually is that, only for most people the subtle body language is the most they can detect.  For instance, since meditating, tripping, and having numerous experiences with body energy, I notice the musculature of actor's faces and bodies much better, and notice people's facial movements and what they signify more than i used to. But just as we are something more than the body (clearly, the body is observed), there are subtle energies that can be detected about a person that honestly just goes beyond physical appearance.  But physical appearance goes hand in hand with it.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom