Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineic3.qu33n
Muff Muncher
Female User Gallery

Loc: NY
Pics* Freestone Texas *UPDATE*
    #14253279 - 04/07/11 01:50 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hello fellow myco-loving friends. 

*PF Tek BRF formula 1/2 pt jars w/ verm top for contam protection

-I used a 18qt steam pot but I used this band from slow cooker (fit really tight I had to stretch with all my little might) over top to hold the pots and lids together to create a great seal, then I used a band that you put over your bag for your garbage so it dont sink down in and doubled that up around the lid to further seal it.  The lid was a thick glass lid with a tiny hole for steam to escape. 

-I "Boiled/steamed" them or 90 minutes from the time the water started bubbling then turned the gas stove down to "low" and started counting.  When I was done and the jars had cooled in the pot I noticed hardly any water escaped.

+while jars were steaming I made my still air box with an 18qt clear tub w/ lid.  I used an alcohol lamp and a disposible box cutter and cut the holes out for my hands. I cleaned up the edges and the whole thing. I got some good Duct tape clear Industrial packaging tape and taped the "flaps" i just cut off to the inside. Alcohol and Lysol'd the crap out of it.+

*next time Im going to get a kitchen thermometer to stick down in that tiny hole to see how hot my temperature truely is getting*

-Cleaned my whole house insanely with Lysol, Bleach, 409, Kaboom, mopped, swept, vacuum'd etc etc.

-I took the jars out the pot after 5 hours inside the pot, to cool overnight

-Set my still air box up next to jars

-Came home after my wonderful day of classes, before my spouse got home, kicked the dogs out the house, revacuumed, remopped resterilized the counters in the kitchen. Lysol'd the crap out the house, gave it about 15 minutes to settle, meanwhile shaking the hell out the syringe! ( Freestone Texas strain, Free syringe I got from freespores.com, thought it was interesting even though I ordered B+ and that was my intent. Awesome company:thumbup: )

I began to knock up the 12 jars 1 by 1.

-Wiped jar top with alcohol with clean paper towel, entered jar into box, wiped off with clean dry paper towel.

- Flamed needle with alcohol lamp til red, immediately put needle in clean alcohol soaked paper towel.

-Injected about .75cc between 4 holes per jar.  (wanted to do all 12 with 1 10cc syringe)

- Applied medical, breathable tape to hole penetrated, removed jar from box.

-Wiped box down with alcohol soaked clean paper towel, preparing for next jar to go through.

*Did this until all jars were completeled. Wiped out incubation chamber of my PMP with a clean alcohol soaked paper towel, and wiped dry with clean paper towel, put jars in chamber at a solid 78degrees*

-Have been incubating since then.... this is what the jars looked like on 4/4/2011.  Since then when I checked on them today theyre all showing STRONG rhizo growth.

Heres a pic of my PMP I made. 

PS>>> SORRY ABOUT THE CRAPPY PIX TOOK THEM WITH MY CELL CAMERA AS I HAVE NO FREAKIN CLUE WHERE MY DATA CABLE IS FOR THE DIGI

--------------------
:alert: Disclaimer: Anything, I've said I do or done, or say is a complete facade of my dog Dr. Myco McRufferton's dream lifestyle. :alert:

Freestone Texas Grow

<<:mushroom2:Freestone Texas and B+ Prints available for Trade:mushroom2:>> PM me

My 5g Bucket Dehydrator Tek

Edited by ic3.qu33n (04/18/11 09:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineiSHACKA
Sick boy

Re: Week 1 after inoculation *Pics* Freestone Texas [Re: ic3.qu33n]
    #14253386 - 04/07/11 02:15 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

good tek

Only thing I notice is that you said you flame the needle and then hold it with an alcahol saturated swab. People on here will say that is a no no (dont freak out) after it is flamed it is 100% sterile, the alcahol and cotton not 100%

you will be fine.

Question, how long did it take untill you saw signs of first growth?  They look health as hell!!

Good luck.

--------------------
Pain is just weakness leaving the body

Offlineic3.qu33n
Muff Muncher
Female User Gallery

Re: Week 1 after inoculation *Pics* Freestone Texas [Re: iSHACKA]
    #14253607 - 04/07/11 02:53 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

iSHACKA said:
good tek

Only thing I notice is that you said you flame the needle and then hold it with an alcahol saturated swab. People on here will say that is a no no (dont freak out) after it is flamed it is 100% sterile, the alcahol and cotton not 100%

you will be fine.

Question, how long did it take untill you saw signs of first growth?  They look health as hell!!

Good luck.

I also forgot to write that I wore gloves.  The paper towel wasnt soaked just dampened cause I flame outside the box (dont wanna risk catching on fire!) and also to cool the needle some. was just scared transport the needle... maybe next round i wont do that... ?

first growth was 2 to 5 days

--------------------
:alert: Disclaimer: Anything, I've said I do or done, or say is a complete facade of my dog Dr. Myco McRufferton's dream lifestyle. :alert:

Freestone Texas Grow

<<:mushroom2:Freestone Texas and B+ Prints available for Trade:mushroom2:>> PM me

OfflineiSHACKA
Sick boy

#14253628 - 04/07/11 02:57 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

That is really fast growth, was that just using a spore needle?

About the alcahol im not an expert but several times I have read to not do that at all. I believe in RR video he also mentions not to do that.

--------------------

Offlineic3.qu33n
Muff Muncher
Female User Gallery

Re: Week 1 after inoculation *Pics* Freestone Texas [Re: iSHACKA]
    #14253715 - 04/07/11 03:11 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, the date on the syringe was 03/2011 so it was pretty fresh (received around 3/24/11 i believe) I thought that might of been a factor in it. Im gonna read up about the alcohol thing somemore.  It just seemed like a good idea to me.

--------------------

Freestone Texas Grow

Offlinesemaphore
Male User Gallery

#14253731 - 04/07/11 03:13 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Um silly question. Are you holding the camera at that angle or are the jars on there sides ?:smile: Your PMP has to many holes in it.

Edited by semaphore (04/07/11 03:15 PM)

OfflineRedthumb
Fungal Prodigy
 User Gallery

#14253833 - 04/07/11 03:28 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hopefully they dont stall since you got the wrong jars :frown:

--------------------

Offlineic3.qu33n
Muff Muncher
Female User Gallery

Re: Week 1 after inoculation *Pics* Freestone Texas [Re: semaphore]
    #14253879 - 04/07/11 03:35 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Most are at an angle. the overhead light for my walkin closet doesnt work, i got a fluoro lamp in there and theres a window with natural light.  and its not exactly the roomiest walkin ever to move around.  im trying to also not to touch/transport them a whole lot.

since that picture ive taped up some of the holes with masking tape cause my temperature was lower 60s and humidity wouldnt go past 85%.  so I taped off half of them and viola 68-72degrees and 90 to 100+% humidity now.  Thinking about putting clear silicone over the holes I have taped.  I also think I'm going to get a clamp lamp w/ a small little fluro bulb and a timer since college is out for the summer next mo and i might be out on the lake for a few days at a time (catching some nice muskies at our friends cottage [a girl who isnt afraid to ruin her manicure guys :rolleyes:]).  depending on how it fruits too might consider an airpump with several wands in there.  Im going to play it by ear though.  Day to day and make changes till I can make it self sufficient as possible...

--------------------

Freestone Texas Grow

Offlineic3.qu33n
Muff Muncher
Female User Gallery

Re: Week 1 after inoculation *Pics* Freestone Texas [Re: Redthumb]
    #14253909 - 04/07/11 03:39 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Redthumb said:
Hopefully they dont stall since you got the wrong jars :frown:

they are ball 1/2 pint regular mouth jars.  recommended from pf tek

PF SUBSTRATE FORMULA (for half pint jar)
Jars and glasses to be used with this technique are half pint capacity (8 ounces). They must have tapered sides and no shoulders, otherwise the fungus cakes won't easily come out of the jars.

Appropriate jars; (source - super markets and hardware stores)

KERR wide mouth half pint canning jar.
BALL regular mouth half pint canning jar.
BALL half pint jelly jar.
NOTE: Even though the regular mouth BALL half pint and the regular mouth KERR half pint look similar, the KERR is not tapered.

--------------------

Freestone Texas Grow

Offlinesemaphore
Male User Gallery

#14253937 - 04/07/11 03:44 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ic3.qu33n said:
Most are at an angle. the overhead light for my walkin closet doesnt work, i got a fluoro lamp in there and theres a window with natural light.  and its not exactly the roomiest walkin ever to move around.  im trying to also not to touch/transport them a whole lot.

since that picture ive taped up some of the holes with masking tape cause my temperature was lower 60s and humidity wouldnt go past 85%.  so I taped off half of them and viola 68-72degrees and 90 to 100+% humidity now.  Thinking about putting clear silicone over the holes I have taped.  I also think I'm going to get a clamp lamp w/ a small little fluro bulb and a timer since college is out for the summer next mo and i might be out on the lake for a few days at a time (catching some nice muskies at our friends cottage [a girl who isnt afraid to ruin her manicure guys :rolleyes:]).  depending on how it fruits too might consider an airpump with several wands in there.  Im going to play it by ear though.  Day to day and make changes till I can make it self sufficient as possible...

Ok... so if you dont have an airpump or bubble sticks you are just using the evaporating water as the humidity generator? The point of the airpump is to deliver fresh air into the PMP thus eliminating the need to fan constantly, least that has been my experience with them so far.

Offlineic3.qu33n
Muff Muncher
Female User Gallery

Re: Week 1 after inoculation *Pics* Freestone Texas [Re: semaphore]
    #14254056 - 04/07/11 04:09 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

semaphore said:
Quote:

ic3.qu33n said:

Ok... so if you dont have an airpump or bubble sticks you are just using the evaporating water as the humidity generator? The point of the airpump is to deliver fresh air into the PMP thus eliminating the need to fan constantly, least that has been my experience with them so far.

Yes, I have just hydroton in there at the moment, the idea of my PMP is that the heat from the underneath incubating chamber causes the water to rise off the hydroton, my humidity is pretty steady generally 95% w. nothing fruiting in it right now.  Thinking if I added the air pump, from what I read adds around 3 to 5% humidity, that would put me at 100+% steady easily and provide air exchange if Im out on an excursion for the day without having to worry if Im gone for the day about fanning.... I just didnt want to add something unecessary then I got to thinking about summer time... So I think Im going to add an airpump friday with about 3? 23" bubble wands...(the fruiting chamber is 2 21qt short tubs flipped onto each other and held together with a nail on the edges) I dont think theres such a thing as too much humidity for mushies... is there?

--------------------

Freestone Texas Grow

Offlineic3.qu33n
Muff Muncher
Female User Gallery

Week 2 Pictures [Re: ic3.qu33n]
    #14313897 - 04/18/11 09:09 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Been long since I updated these pictures were taken around 4.11.11

--------------------

Freestone Texas Grow

Offlineic3.qu33n
Muff Muncher
Female User Gallery

Week 3 Pictures [Re: ic3.qu33n]
    #14314012 - 04/18/11 09:28 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Photos taken today for Week 3 (Note some my cakes got the pins going on about 1in long in a few jars in the dry verm layer, believe its cause I flipped the jars to finish the rest of the jar) Some should be fully 100% outside colonized in the next day or two I believe....

This is pictures of an early half pint I wanted to experiment with. It had about a half dollar bit uncolonized on the bottom.

-Slapped it out under running cold water.
-Got my alcohol lamp, and a clean, washed spoon. 
-Heated the spoon up, scraped off the dry verm layer from it
-Scraped out around 20% uncolonized substrate.
-Cut the cake into chunks about size of marbles with a clean and flamed knife
-Used a "metal condiment cup" on top to hold mycelium under water Filled up to top with water, put lid and ring on and put in fridge for almost 24 hours, after Used a tupperware dish, put aluminum foil on the outside, put 1/2" damp verm, crumbled cake, then about 1/2" 50 verm/50 catcus soil.
-I moistened the 50/50 mix with the water from the dunk! Sounded like a good idea seeming it would have had mycelium chunks/material in it... Covered the tray up and heres what it looks like today! (1 day later peak) (had some bits of mycelium on top already.... I read to cover up the first aggressive spots so I already did that...)

--------------------

Freestone Texas Grow

OfflineiSHACKA
Sick boy

Re: Week 3 Pictures [Re: ic3.qu33n]
    #14318342 - 04/19/11 04:17 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Keep up the good work

--------------------

Offlineic3.qu33n
Muff Muncher
Female User Gallery

Re: Week 3 Pictures [Re: iSHACKA]
    #14324841 - 04/20/11 08:24 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

iSHACKA said:
Keep up the good work

Thanks, the jars are pretty 100% right now for all but 2.(So the 1 week countdown is beginning for me. A literal tiny tiny amount left on those 2 so.... 

Ive patched the casings high points a few times already so I put it in the fruiting chamber earlier today.

Been experimenting with Live Culture I started from a B+ syringe with the Honey Tek.  It worked! Ive started up some LC from B+ a while ago in 6 pint Plastic Tek using pint size Twist n Loc (didnt crack the lid like I heard it would. The Rhizo growth on it is phenomenol! Theyre all around Id say 25% and on day 5 I believe. 

The LC looked maxed out so I went and got some syringes and sucked all the liquid up and piggy backed it on over to a new batch.

A few days later I got Some more Ziploc containers after I saw the pints taking off.  Half pint ones.  inoculated those with the LC I am seeing some growth with those starting (Day 2 now)

Also I've got an experiment on a thicker culture I made from BRF, it seems to be colonizing the thick liquid. Still smells like BRF with now a slight mushroomy smell... I shake it every day vigoriously and replace the med tape. Its very slurry like.  Not quite sure what I'm going to do with this yet.  Been reading up on some kinds of peroxide tek maybe?

Also got a myco bag of rye grain I got from outgrow I inoculated it with B+ spores about a week ago.  Shook it at about 30%, looks almost done.

I also have an oven bag experiment with brf/verm/coffee going with B+ LC, small myclieum patchs so far.

Needless to say my incubation chamber is pretty full.  I cant do anything this week yet except maybe later Saturday make more jars up to be inoculated Monday

--------------------

Freestone Texas Grow

Offlineic3.qu33n
Muff Muncher
Female User Gallery

Casing + Cakes [Re: ic3.qu33n]
    #14349057 - 04/25/11 01:29 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Heres the latest pic of the casing

I suspect I should be expecting pins soon.

I had dunked half the jars a few days early because the pins were getting long in the jars... I didnt want to risk anything so... Last night I just dunked the rest too.  They are all now dunk n rolled in the chamber

Just took those pics today.  I also got mycelium growing on the stems and on the cakes a bit, I got quite a bit of my holes taped up, I've also misted once, Ive been fanning about 3-6x a day so far.  Should I untape some of the holes?  I read that it could be cause of high humidity... Or is this a good thing.  I havent had my hygrometer in there recently because I cleaned my chamber and accidentally left it out and my puppy chewed it... so I got to get another one.

But last time I had it in there it was 95-105% RH  Heres some pics

Inside

Let me know what yall think?

--------------------

Freestone Texas Grow

Offlineic3.qu33n
Muff Muncher
Female User Gallery

Re: Casing + Cakes [Re: ic3.qu33n]
    #14349420 - 04/25/11 02:40 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I just removed tape from some of the holes and it seems to be decreasing the humidity... the humidity is beading down the sides... I also just fanned and noticed more closely more pins popping up

--------------------

Freestone Texas Grow

Offlinemabachko
Just Strange
 User Gallery

Re: Casing + Cakes [Re: ic3.qu33n]
    #14349620 - 04/25/11 03:15 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I had to tape up most of my holes in my SGFC as I could not keep the RH up. I fan 5-7 times a day & mist 3-4 and everything is working good so far.
It's drier than a popcorn fart here as the heater keeps running.
Buckets of water by the vents but they dry out out in a couple of days.
I'm hoping that spring will get here and the heater will stop & no more buckets to fill. Ha
But for now I've got it under control.

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Casing + Cakes [Re: mabachko]
    #14349702 - 04/25/11 03:33 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Instead of taping holes, run a humidifier in the room.
Better results and more comfortable for you as well.
I use an ultrasonic on a timer, 15mins on per three hours.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlinemabachko
Just Strange
 User Gallery

Re: Casing + Cakes [Re: Doc_T]
    #14349758 - 04/25/11 03:42 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Thats my next step for the martha.
Right now though I'm at close to 100% RH in SGFC and eventually the temps and RH will change, (& I hope soon), I have another room with controled conditions, but it has other things fruiting right now.
By 2012 I'll be in good shape.
Just doing what I can to try & err right now.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder