Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Itchy Cacti??
    #1370334 - 03/12/03 04:58 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

Anybody know where to get Opuntia robusta??? Its the worlds itchiest cactus and I want a few for fun.. I think its also called prickley pear.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAJ420
Tribvnica Potestas
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sonora
Re: Itchy Cacti?? [Re: Legoulash]
    #1425001 - 04/03/03 12:15 AM (21 years, 16 hours ago)

prickly pear roots very easily, we have a shitload around my place. if you cut one of the pads off and just leave it where it falls, it will establish a root system fairly shortly and start to produce more pads.
we planted prickly pear around our chicken/duck coop to keep dogs and coyotes out, we just cut off a bunch of fairly small pieces from the cacti on our property and put them in some shallow dirt, now we have a really thick wall of prickly pear. most of them are pretty tall and well established.

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Itchy Cacti?? [Re: AJ420]
    #1425105 - 04/03/03 12:51 AM (21 years, 15 hours ago)

yea fire works some of the ranchers round here burn off needles so the cows can eat it when theres a big draught and hay is expensive.

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: Itchy Cacti?? [Re: blaze2]
    #1425114 - 04/03/03 12:52 AM (21 years, 15 hours ago)

oh by store i meant grocery store they sell little sliced cacti and its called nopallitos not a growing plant as a nursery. i just realized that i didnt word that very well. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleAJ420
Tribvnica Potestas
Male User Gallery

#1425127 - 04/03/03 12:56 AM (21 years, 15 hours ago)

ever try the fruit? of the prickly pear?

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#1425159 - 04/03/03 01:04 AM (21 years, 15 hours ago)

yea like i said its kinda sweet but with its own flavor kinda tart. people round here make a jelly with it thats really good. and it ferments and can intoxicate cows. peace

blaze2

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleAJ420
Tribvnica Potestas
Male User Gallery

#1425176 - 04/03/03 01:10 AM (21 years, 15 hours ago)

Ohhhh. i thought you were talking about the pads of the cacti. we have Collared Peccary (Javelina) here, i dont know if you know about them, they'd wild pics who like to eat prickly pear and various other cacti, they also like to knock over my trashcans and eat the contents.

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#1425374 - 04/03/03 03:17 AM (21 years, 13 hours ago)

yea javelinas are nasty animals. they are just big rodents really. and because of that hunters round these parts hate wasting ammo thinking they shot a hog, when its just a javelina. where do you live by the way? texas?

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleAJ420
Tribvnica Potestas
Male User Gallery

#1425749 - 04/03/03 09:41 AM (21 years, 7 hours ago)

I'm actually in southern Az.
Yeah, I wouldn't waste my ammo on those bastards either. I did, however, have to take one out once, but it was because it was eating my chickens. Oh well, 7.62x39 ammo is cheap as dirt, and it was killing my livestock, so it wasn't a waste in that case.
I didn't know Javelina were in Texas. Do they smell like rancid garbage there too?

--------------------

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #1426668 - 04/03/03 03:35 PM (21 years, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

yea javelinas are nasty animals. they are just big rodents really. and because of that hunters round these parts hate wasting ammo thinking they shot a hog, when its just a javelina. where do you live by the way? texas?

They are just wild boars..They can be very mean when cornered.
When I visited a ranch that my cousins works on in south texas.. we chased down a herd of javelinas and caught some of the males and cut their nuts off so they wouldn't reproduce because they would steal the cattles food..The males can be eaten several years after castration.. They a quite good..

Quote:

yea if you go to the store and you can buy that cactus its called nopallitos

fried up with scrambled eggs is great

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: Itchy Cacti?? [Re: motaman]
    #1427250 - 04/03/03 09:00 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yea they smell pretty bad down here they run by the creek so they arent a problem once you get out of the flood plain area. yup thats prickly pear. have you seen a dried out peice yet? their vascular system or something remains intact after everything else is gone and it leaves a netting like thing. its pretty cool. those are pretty small. around here they get like 4-5' high and several meters across, and thats just one plant they grow like in patches everywhere here.

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleAJ420
Tribvnica Potestas
Male User Gallery

Re: Itchy Cacti?? [Re: Legoulash]
    #1460083 - 04/15/03 11:32 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

check out this huge prickly pear tree. you see the blue thing to the right? thats the roof of my house, its a beast.

--------------------

InvisibleAJ420
Tribvnica Potestas
Male User Gallery

#1460268 - 04/15/03 12:29 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I forgot to put in that one, we also have the purplish ones growing out on o ur property.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom