Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
two questions regarding pins
    #1423197 - 04/02/03 01:03 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

my friend has two questions about his pinning tray. one is that there are pins forming along the front side of the tray. he knows this is due to light getting through the transparent plastic and signaling for them to pin there. he has tinfoil wrapped around the tray but in this particular spot it doesn't rise high enough to cover up all of the mycellium forming under the casing layer that has grown out to the sides of the tray. there are now many pins starting to form there. his question is if he were to cover them up now with more tinfoil, would this cause them to stop growing and revert back to mycellium or something to that extent, or will it cause them to abort, die, then rot (providing room for contam)? he's unsure whether he should cover it with the pins still forming against the side or find a way to cut them out and then cover it. the pins are still incredibly tiny if that makes any difference.

his second question is regarding the formation of the pins on top of the casing layer. they ALL seem to have a tiny black dot on the top. obviously this is where the cap will form, but it is dark black. he has cased before and when the pins formed the spots were a much lighter color. this is a different strain then he's done in the past (treasure coast) but he wants to be sure that this isn't a sign that something is not right and they are all aborting for some reason. he knows they should get lighter as they grow (they only started appearing within the last day or so), but is it normal for them to start out black?

--------------------
I am not stoned.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAGICSNOOP
mob boss
Loc: bud park
Re: two questions regarding pins [Re: E Tard]
    #1423256 - 04/02/03 01:26 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

only aborts but im not up on that strain. u just got to let them go and see but mostly black heads r aborts

OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
Re: two questions regarding pins [Re: MAGICSNOOP]
    #1423300 - 04/02/03 01:42 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

any idea on what would cause an entire casing to abort (too much/little misting, too direct misting, bad temp, etc...)? there are hundreds of pins and they all seem to be growing (slowly). it could just be that they are too small to determine the color of the dots. it's just a small dot of a dark color on the tops of the pins and the whole thing is too small ro say if they are really black or just a dark brown, but he's fairly certain it's black. i guess time will tell

--------------------
I am not stoned.

Edited by E Tard (04/02/03 01:45 PM)

OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
    #1423598 - 04/02/03 03:42 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

one thing that my friend thought of is that when he fans out his terrarium he sprays the Air with a good amount of lysol then wait 15-30 seconds before i fan. could it be that the lysol in the air would cause the pins to abort, if they are in fact aborting?

--------------------
I am not stoned.

OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
Re: two questions regarding pins [Re: MAGICSNOOP]
    #1424064 - 04/02/03 06:32 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

at the risk of sounding impatient - can somebody please help me out? if something is wrong with his case, he'd like to be able try and take steps to prevent it from being completely englufed in aborts

--------------------
I am not stoned.

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1424334 - 04/02/03 08:24 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

My friend has been forced to case in transluscent containers in the past. He found that most of the fruits that formed at the sides eventually found their way to the surface. There were a couple on the bottom that he did not find until he removed the casing to dunk it, but they were healthy; just a bit twisted and gnarly looking.

As for your dark headed pins, my friend is stumped. He's got a tray of TC fruiting right now and his pinned just like any other cube. He can only suggest you ease up on the Lysol, keep fanning and see what happens.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Edited by dog (04/02/03 08:25 PM)

OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
Re: two questions regarding pins [Re: dog]
    #1424361 - 04/02/03 08:33 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

thanks for the reply. luckily, it seems that there are now many pins forming with the typical brown-colored top. there's still a few with the black but he cant tell if the black spots are turning brown (hell, maybe the black spots on of them were tiny spots of potting soil, although this is unlikely), or if new ones are forming normally. either way things seem to be working themselves out. i guess it's all just patience

--------------------
I am not stoned.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1424389 - 04/02/03 08:45 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Black heads ....... most likely aborts , could be little blobs of casing . Reason for aborts could be a lot of things , the most common is the mycelium is not yet ready , nor able to support full blown mushies from developing . You may have also birthed this tray a little too soon , especially if was not in total darkness during incubation period . Covering them will only waste them , pick those premies and try to get a more even pin set . If this black keeps showing up you may have some sort of pathogen attacking your pins .
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
Re: two questions regarding pins [Re: tripndicular]
    #1424407 - 04/02/03 08:54 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

hmm...thanks for the suggestions. there are more and more that seem to be developing properly. hopefully everything is all good

--------------------
I am not stoned.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1424417 - 04/02/03 09:02 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Those ones that look good are what it is all about . Lie I said most likely the myc was not yet ready to support mushies . Keep air exchanged as much as possible , no such thing as too much fresh air during pin set .
Good Luck  :cool: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck