Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinezzantium2999
Shroom Groomer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
over heating during colinization
    #14243491 - 04/05/11 06:30 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I'm colonizing B+, Amazonian, and Ecuadorian strains. The humidity is %90 to %100, but the temperature is normally from 30C/80F to 36C/97F. The B+ has been sitting about 8-10 days and it seems only 1 out of 8 jars are colonizing. the other 7 look like absolutely NOTHING is happening. The first 5-7 days the humidity was only %10-%20 so the jars might have dried out, although i DO have them in jars with tin foil on top...I don't think that would prevent them from drying out. My questions are.  1. when is the latest that the B+ strain should show some signs of colonization (cause if they don't I'll throw them out, and into the backyard like garbage.)  2. Am I killing the mycelium with to much heat?  3. Whats the maximum heat that I should have during colonization and during fruiting? (Just fyi The Amazonian and Ecuadorian strains were put together 2 days ago so they can't help in determining the health of the B+ jars. Pictures wouldn't help cuase the jars look the exact same way they looked when they were ten minutes old. I'm usng the pf tek method.)

--------------------
A good friend would bail you out of jail, but your best friend would be the one sitting next to you saying, "damn that was awesome".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewildernessjunkie
Reshitivest
I'm a teapot

Loc: HTTP 404 Not Found
Trusted Cultivator
Re: over heating during colinization [Re: zzantium2999]
    #14243531 - 04/05/11 06:38 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

When you first start out its really easy to think there is a huge difference in each strain. Dont dwell on which strains do what for now. Just know that pretty much all cubes require the same growth parameters. So if one will grow, the rest should also. With PF tek, all of your substrate is locked up in that jar, the humidity shouldnt play any role in this (yet). The humidity will become important when i comes time to fruit. Those heat ranges do look a high though. Just let them sit at room temp, on a shelf or in your closet. They will do their thing, high temps will promote contamination if anything. Ive had spores take 3 weeks to germinate so dont think nothing is going to happen just yet. As long as you got your spores from a reputable source, just sit back, wait, and see what happens. Eventuall it will all work out. Sometimes it takes a couple of trys, but as long as you dont give up, it will all work out for you.

Good luck on your grow.

Offlinezzantium2999
Shroom Groomer
Male User Gallery

Re: over heating during colinization [Re: wildernessjunkie]
    #14243868 - 04/05/11 07:31 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

well I appreciate your response but it only answers the question 2.Am I killing the Mycelium? I still need to know when is the latest that the B+ strain will colonise, and what temperature will kill the Mycelium? :uhoh:

--------------------
A good friend would bail you out of jail, but your best friend would be the one sitting next to you saying, "damn that was awesome".

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: over heating during colinization [Re: zzantium2999]
    #14243876 - 04/05/11 07:33 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Why are you incubating jars at 97F?

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflineFrequentFryer
NuggetTester
Male User Gallery

Re: over heating during colinization [Re: Doc_T]
    #14243889 - 04/05/11 07:37 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Too hot. You want them at room temp. No you don't need any humidity for colonization. Just sit back and be patient. Only time will tell.

Offlinezzantium2999
Shroom Groomer
Male User Gallery

Re: over heating during colinization [Re: Doc_T]
    #14244466 - 04/05/11 09:06 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Well obviously Doc_T by this post, I wasn't inoculating them at that temperature on purpose. Only an idiot would do something they thought would kill the mushrooms and then complain about it. This isn't a personal attack on your question, but almost feel like you were calling me stupid or something. If ta wasn't the case then In apologize. this is my first batch EVER, and I'm just getting used to the equipment. So, it was difficult to regulate the temperature and humidity at the beginning.

--------------------

Offlinezzantium2999
Shroom Groomer
Male User Gallery

Re: over heating during colonization [Re: FrequentFryer]
    #14244478 - 04/05/11 09:07 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

In regards to using humidity, with the heaters I have, plus the dryness in the air. I actually do need some humidity or the holes in the jar will let out some humidity. I have tomato plants inside that need watering twice a day cause the soil drys out. It's really dry in my place.

--------------------

Edited by zzantium2999 (04/05/11 09:09 PM)

OfflineFrequentFryer
NuggetTester
Male User Gallery

Re: over heating during colonization [Re: zzantium2999]
    #14244808 - 04/05/11 09:55 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

If I was you I'd do a bit more research

OfflineOnox
Stranger

#14245233 - 04/05/11 10:52 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

zzantium2999 said:
In regards to using humidity, with the heaters I have, plus the dryness in the air. I actually do need some humidity or the holes in the jar will let out some humidity. I have tomato plants inside that need watering twice a day cause the soil drys out. It's really dry in my place.

I live in a desert climate. Jars don't need humidifiers, they're supposed to be self-contained systems

--------------------
I like my women like I like my electrophilic carbons -- susceptible to backside attack.

Offlineskiddy
RockStar
Male

Re: over heating during colonization [Re: Onox]
    #14245404 - 04/05/11 11:29 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hardest part is waiting when it comes time to fruit those puppys it'll feel like Christmas!

--------------------
PESH : Pinning
Transeski : colonizing
Orrisa : colonizing
Mex a : colonizing

You're not a mycologist just because you grow mushrooms.

Offlinezzantium2999
Shroom Groomer
Male User Gallery

Re: over heating during colonization [Re: skiddy]
    #14245701 - 04/06/11 12:58 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I just figured that it would dry out. guess you learn something new everyday...So how about the maximum temperature level, when you stop growing the mycelium and your now cooking it to death? 1.Does anyone know what temperature is the maximum for colonizing? 2. Does anyone know what is the longest it could take to colonize B+ strain? the second question might be abe to be answered if someone knows the shelf life of a spore before it's impossible to colonize it. please people, stick to the questions cause there have been quite a few responses and only 1 question has been answered so far. thanks for your time everyone.

--------------------

Offlinezzantium2999
Shroom Groomer
Male User Gallery

Re: over heating during colonization [Re: skiddy]
    #14245731 - 04/06/11 01:06 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Christmas? It will be like every holiday rolled  into one. In total, I have 20 half pint jars and 6 pint jars. Even if only half get to the fruiting stage thats still a couple ounces...hopefully!:mushroom2:
Whats your favorite strain?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (04/06/11 01:05 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------

Reshitivest
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
    #14245755 - 04/06/11 01:15 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I remember reading that 105F is the magic temp to kill myc. Though I cant cite that source. It sounds like you dont have myc yet, so it shouldnt matter yet. 

I think you are getting hung up on the whole strain business. B+ is still a P. Cubensis, regardless of strain it should still germinate in the same amount of time as any other strain. You are dealing with a Multi Spore inoculation, that means its a crapshoot as to how long it will take. Ive had B+ germinate in anywhere from 1 week to 3 weeks....just like any other cube.

Where did you get your syringes from? And did you shake the hell out of them before you inoculated?

Reshitivest
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
Re: over heating during colonization [Re: wildernessjunkie]
    #14245758 - 04/06/11 01:17 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Shelf life of spores? Who knows? RR says that after 3-5 years most of the spores have lost viability. But then theres the story of SG30, and SyZyGy.

OfflineFrequentFryer
NuggetTester
Male User Gallery

Re: over heating during colonization [Re: wildernessjunkie]
    #14246458 - 04/06/11 08:41 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I'd have to say 105-107 would Def be the cut off point, I've been told to keep my jars at room temp, and I've also read 85 is optimum. Split it down the middle, I incubate at a solid 80. I have seen VIGOROUS growth. All my jars showed mycelium atleast 3 days after inoculation and took around 14 days per jar to Finnish. I'm growing b+ from ralphs.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate