Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Some Deadly Galerinas Along Revenna Blvd.
    #1424186 - 04/02/03 09:26 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Well toay I was taking a hike on Ravenna near the I-5 freeway and I sportted some deadly Galerina marginatas all pale from their hygrophanous stage.

AS I took out my nikon to photograph them, a couple of teenagers, about 17 or so came by and asked what I was doing.

I told them I was photographing some deadly mushrooms and they immediately looked at them and told me those were wavy cap cyans which the had picked before and eaten last fall.
I said okay but I disagree and they were sure that these were what they and their friends had picked.

Since I did not have the digital I brough home three small specimens. The caps had hanged color befor I got hom. The little one in the image is exactly one inch high, Check them out.
The stems had watered down form rain damage so the ring was not visable. IT was on the small one but when I placed it under the scanner the stem snapped at the cap.

mjshroomer

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Some Deadly Galerinas Along Revenna Blvd. [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1425341 - 04/03/03 04:34 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I hope you set them straight and told them why they were not cyanescens! No bluing, gill structure/color is off, cap is off, the margin has indentations, the stem is brown...not white!

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Some Deadly Galerinas Along Revenna Blvd. [Re: angryshroom]
    #1425369 - 04/03/03 05:11 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

yea those kids should respect their elders. jk but seriously if i was in your place i would be scared for their lives they cant tell the difference between the two obviously and if they make that dumb of an id then what about all the other teens out there? scary shit man. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification