Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Mazatapec questions
    #1424058 - 04/02/03 08:31 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I have read and studied the how to's and such. did everything (hopefully) correctly. It has been 2 weeks on my first tries and another 2 jars freshly new done a bit different with the substrate and pressure cooker. I know i do need to be patient since it has only been 2 weeks. Possibly done incorrectly as well. I am not too sure if the substrate is correct for this type of strain. I am using jars. my pressure cooker. is definitly different to say the least. it's a pressure cooker... but only has setting from 1 to 8. made by toastmaster. gotta love small towns. If someone could just PM me or post exactly what they did for mazatapec cultivation and growth, I would appreciate it emensly(sp).
I used the brown rice flour and verm mixed substrate for this strain. is this incorrect? I use the setting 6 on pressure cooker(since I have no clue if this is right) seems a bit hot but some water is left over in the bottom (not much though) I have them in a colored rubbermaid that lets in no light in my closet with a small heater fan in the room to keep it between the temps said.
I'm a n00b at this. I have checked the FAQ's even went through hundreds of posts concerning the word Mazatapec. I just want to make sure by another's point of view I'm doing this correctly. Thank you very much =)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: Mazatapec questions [Re: Subeny]
    #1424287 - 04/02/03 10:02 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

The Maz is just another cube. Use the PF tek, boil your jars for an hour and you're good to go.

My friend never heard of a Toastmaster PC.

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

old hand
 User Gallery
Re: Mazatapec questions [Re: dog]
    #1424305 - 04/02/03 10:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

The Maz is just another cube. Use the PF tek, boil your jars for an hour and you're good to go.

Dog is correct..
My friend started Maz on 3-22 and they are 95% now.. He boiled for an hour without a pressure cooker using PF-Tek style recipe.. he used this.. http://www.fungifun.org/pf/pf_en.htm and added a touch more water. My friend also flipped and banged his jars at 80% percent to help colonize the bottom....My friend says after they reach 100% he takes them out of the incubator and puts them on a shelf for 3-7 days and then births them,, He usualy sees pins 1-3 days after that...

Edited by motaman (04/02/03 10:24 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation