Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecrazycanadian
Stranger

Loc: infront of a monitor
bags?
    #1423805 - 04/02/03 04:54 PM (21 years, 19 hours ago)

I have been growing mushrooms for over a year now and i have never used one of these "bag" ordeals. are they any good. should i look into them. they do not look to promising...just for newbies i think...plus they are expensive and they dont look like they can hold very much

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: bags? [Re: crazycanadian]
    #1423977 - 04/02/03 05:57 PM (21 years, 18 hours ago)

the only bag ive ever seen is doing very well, good abundant amount of pins, easy to do, fun for the whole family! i wouldnt expect amazing things from every bag, but the ease of them is great, throw an innoc'd bag in a warm closet, and sit on your ass and wait, its basically the lazy mans best friend.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Arkansas
Re: bags? [Re: amyloid]
    #1424038 - 04/02/03 06:20 PM (21 years, 18 hours ago)

I concur - haven't fruited in a bag, but for spawn and substrates they are awful clean and handy. Mushroompeople have them for .55-.65 I think if you buy 100 at a time.
People haul off my jars and don't bring them back, and they cost double what a bag does so it's hassle free that way too if you sell spawn. Contams are a lot lower with bag than jar too.
We put a roll of TP in them and fill the center with Oyster spawn, close and incubate 2 weeks, refrigerate 48 hours, open and flush is complete within seven days - close bag and go again. (You have to pour boiling water over your no-perfume plain TP rolls and completely saturate them and the cardboard core and let them cool before putting them in the bag and filling them. We close with rubber bands)
Oops - sorry to rave - bags are cool

--------------------
Yours in the Natural State!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

Anonymous

Re: bags? [Re: curenado]
    #1424188 - 04/02/03 07:27 PM (21 years, 17 hours ago)

crazycanadian:
my business will soon be up offering 2+ lb bags (or made to order) at a much lower price than the bs some vendors are selling (like 1 lb bags for $15-$20)

Keep a look out! Maybe you would be interested.

Good luck,
daba

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: bags? [Re: daba]
    #1424241 - 04/02/03 07:44 PM (21 years, 17 hours ago)

bags are far superior to jars. they hold much more, they allow easy mixing/crumbling, and provide proper gas exchange. all that, and they're disposable too.

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale