Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Muscle Milk.. [Re: Zardos]
    #14238064 - 04/04/11 07:38 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

makes milk taste like vanilla milk, in water it just tastes like watery vanilla stuff.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSynocybin
Thread Killer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here and There
Re: Muscle Milk.. [Re: PreparationH]
    #14238083 - 04/04/11 07:41 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PreparationH said:
makes milk taste like vanilla milk, in water it just tastes like watery vanilla stuff.

lol

--------------------
Synocybin's Penis Envy Grow Log!
OUTDOOR SPENT TRAY GROW PICS!!
X7X Grow Log

Luigi on Shrooms said:
Its been 4weeks since i cased what is going on?
i used human manure(mine) vermiculite and coco coir

OfflineZardos
Stranger

Loc: Flag
    #14238097 - 04/04/11 07:44 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds good, mixing Optimums shakes with water is a no-no..has that horrible protein taste..and the taste is bearable with milk, good thing I finished it :tearchalice:

Do Dymatize have a high carb and or calorie protein shake?

--------------------
December 1960:
"They took the drug one evening at Leary's house and had a profound experience, during which Ginsburg prophetically realized that it was a time to start "a peace and love movement". He then ran naked around the house, attempted to get Kruschev and Kennedy on the telephone and announced to the operator that he was God."

Edited by Zardos (04/04/11 07:45 PM)

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

#14238107 - 04/04/11 07:45 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I honestly don't know, I used this stuff the most when I ran out of money and was surviving on brown rice and drinking these shakes to get by.

I felt fine and maintained my weight but I'd opt to eat over drinking food any day.

InvisibleA Day InThe Life
Jack of All
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Muscle Milk.. [Re: Synocybin]
    #14238480 - 04/04/11 08:45 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Synocybin said:
ok well i'm 6'3 and i weigh 135lb on a good day.

i will take ANYTHING apart for HGH's to gain 50lbs.. my goal is at least 175-180..

my metabolism just moves way too fast and I lose weight just thinking.

until i find something that helps my weight and tastes that good.. i'm keeping on it.

Quote:

Shroomism said:
I've had a 5lb bag of hemp seed protein powder for about 6 months and we're still only about halfway through it.. think it was like $40.
Hemp seed is some miraculous shit. Pretty much everything the human body needs in ideal proportions.

you have a link on that?

I too had a really hard time putting on weight and weighed about as much as you. I used to work at mcdonalds and would eat it every day (even though I really hate that shit, but it was cheap with a discount :shrug:) and never put on a single pound..

I started going to the gym and I was eating enough protein but wasn't putting on weight, so I started eating large amounts of good carbs and suddenly I started putting on weight and quickly hit 150lbs (and still well below %10 body fat), still got a ways to go though but had to cancel my gym membership :sad: saving for a weight set right now though.

Also make sure you eat a balanced meal every 3 hours, I sometimes would even eat more often I'd get real hungry after workouts all the time. You wanna keep a constant flow of nutrients to your body at all times.

If your on the go you can find some good recipes for protein bars you can make at home for a fraction of the price you'd buy them for (and much healthier), I'll see if I can find the one I used.

Edited by A Day InThe Life (04/04/11 08:47 PM)

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: Muscle Milk.. [Re: A Day InThe Life]
    #14238530 - 04/04/11 08:55 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

^That's what I'm saying, when I got to college my freshman year I weighed 140-145 pounds, in 2 years I've probably gained about 10 pounds of muscle and now way 160.  Mostly from carbs and if anything, the TINIEST bit more protein than before I started lifting.

Jack of All
Male User Gallery

#14238544 - 04/04/11 08:58 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I think it was cause I wasn't getting enough carbs to keep up with my metabolism so my body was burning protein for energy rather than using it for muscle growth.

--------------------

:print:  Free Spore Ring Canada  :print:

OfflineZardos
Stranger

#14238547 - 04/04/11 08:59 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

A Day InThe Life said:
If your on the go you can find some good recipes for protein bars you can make at home for a fraction of the price you'd buy them for (and much healthier), I'll see if I can find the one I used.

This is a great recipe! This guy also makes allot of very good videos on losing/gaining muscle. You should check him out

--------------------
December 1960:
"They took the drug one evening at Leary's house and had a profound experience, during which Ginsburg prophetically realized that it was a time to start "a peace and love movement". He then ran naked around the house, attempted to get Kruschev and Kennedy on the telephone and announced to the operator that he was God."

Jack of All
Male User Gallery

#14238589 - 04/04/11 09:05 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

yeah I was actually gonna link scooby, I've been following him for a long time and have learned tons of great things from his videos and site http://scoobysworkshop.com/

I also found a thread on a bodybuilding website a long time ago with 100's of protein bar recipes but can't seem to find it right now :S

--------------------

:print:  Free Spore Ring Canada  :print:

OfflineherbalMedz
Who?

Loc: Where?
    #14238689 - 04/04/11 09:21 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

im a huge muscle milk fan yes. powder or premixed and ready to drink.  :sip:

im not really a big time muscle builder or an athlete, but i like to workout and stay in shape and drink it to replenish my body with a lot of good vitamins and nutrients that are packed in MM before or after workouts. (usually after)

im also quite skinny and a have a lightning speed metabolism, so i like to load up on the healthy fats and protein so i dont look anorexic lol. and i just really like the taste of the chocolate and strawberries and cream one anyways. :crazy2:

i actually was recommended this other stuff at GNC that is wayyy better for actually gaining weight though, called Beyond Raw : Rebuilt Mass..

Quote:

RE-BUILT MASS
SUPER ANABOLIC MASS GAINER

HYPER-MASS GAINER WITH 850 CALORIES AND 60G OF PROTEIN TO ENGORGE MUSCLES AND INCREASE MASS*
    ANABOLIC QUAD-PHASE NUTRIENT STACK TO PACK ON *
    MEGA DOSE OF A 10G, FIVE-PHASE ADVANCED CREATINE COMPLEX FOR INTENSE POWER AND STRENGTH*
    ULTRA ANABOLIC GROWTH FACTORS, MUSCLE CELL PROTECTION, AND RECOVERY COMPONENTS FOR ENHANCED MUSCULARITY AND DENSITY*

Get Started On Massive Mass Production

Beyond RAW™ Re-Built Mass is a monster mass gainer with clinically studied components shown to improve muscle size, stamina and strength.*This hardcore formula packs 850 mass building calories of the highest quality protein and ingredients to deliver lean mass and support a rock hard physique.* As a massive anabolic stack, it is loaded with 60 grams of fast, medium, and slow-acting protein for crucial nutrient timing of essential aminos fueling dense, bulging muscles and 130 grams of energy driving carbohydrates to support 10 grams mammoth gains.* To feed your hunger for size, it has an intense 10 gram Advanced Creatine Complex with 5 forms of creatine, including micronized creatine and creatine precursors for the forceful, mind-blowing workouts you live for.

Fuel up fast with a rapid absorbing, clinically studied L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine diPeptide. Beyond RAW™ Re-Built Mass runs the spectrum of key anabolic factors to give you an explosive workout while guiding you to reach the ideal growth window you are striving to achieve.

Growth Motivated. Performance Driven

Beyond RAW™ Re-Built Mass is a physique building performance product using a scientifically precise array of ingredients to fuel engorging muscles and the body’s natural creatine, enhance athletic performance and training, and promote recovery.* Re-Built Mass adds a rich concentration of an anabolic quad-phase stack including an extreme mixture of a triple source protein blend, critical carbohydrates power-pushing creatine, clinically researched CLA shown to help maintain lean muscle mass.* Magnifying the effects are enzymes with proven bioactivity to help breakdown protein and maximize amino acid uptake and HMB to help improve muscle protein balance.* It’s this distinct combination of fuel-enhancing, energy-initiating and supporting factors that sparks mass producing results and superior athletic performance.*

CAUTION: - This product contains extremely potent concentrations of muscle fuel. It is design to provide experienced athletes with explosive gains, bursts of energy and massive anabolic surges. Use only if you are ready to take your workout to the next level of athletic performance.

In an 8-week study of healthy males performing resistance training, subjects taking this product’s module of 20g whey protein and 6.2g leucine demonstrated an increased improvement in muscle strength and muscle size as compared to those performing the same training regimen on a placebo.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

havnt had enough extra cash lately to grab some, but probably next paycheck ill give it a try.

not to hijack the thread, but has anyone here tried the above product that doesnt mind sharing their opinion on it? i like to get at least a little feedback on the stuff before i drop the money on it.

Edited by herbalMedz (04/04/11 09:22 PM)

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: Muscle Milk.. [Re: herbalMedz]
    #14238837 - 04/04/11 09:43 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I bet they got a nice incentive for selling you that.

OfflineherbalMedz
Who?

Loc: Where?
    #14238878 - 04/04/11 09:49 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

i didnt buy it. i just said i was recommended it. dont worry im not dumb, i knew he was just trying to get me to buy some, but that doesnt mean he wasnt speaking the truth about it being a solid product.

i mostly just buy the RTD (Ready To Drink) Muscle Milks from the convenience store/gas station anyways. i know they are kind of expensive that way and its better to just get the powder and make my own, but luckily i have a foodstamp card with $200/month, even though i dont technically need it, im still going to use it while i can to save actualy cash and you can buy protein bars&beverages with food-stamps so thats what i use to stock up on the RTD ones. chocolate and strawberries'n'cream all the way.

i am however planning on getting a big ol' tub/jar of chocolate MM powder soon though. i just need to come up with the extra doe right now.

Edited by herbalMedz (04/04/11 09:50 PM)

OfflineZardos
Stranger

#14238926 - 04/04/11 09:58 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

herbalMedz said:
im a huge muscle milk fan yes. powder or premixed and ready to drink.  :sip:

im not really a big time muscle builder or an athlete, but i like to workout and stay in shape and drink it to replenish my body with a lot of good vitamins and nutrients that are packed in MM before or after workouts. (usually after)

im also quite skinny and a have a lightning speed metabolism, so i like to load up on the healthy fats and protein so i dont look anorexic lol. and i just really like the taste of the chocolate and strawberries and cream one anyways. :crazy2:

i actually was recommended this other stuff at GNC that is wayyy better for actually gaining weight though, called Beyond Raw : Rebuilt Mass..

havnt had enough extra cash lately to grab some, but probably next paycheck ill give it a try.

not to hijack the thread, but has anyone here tried the above product that doesnt mind sharing their opinion on it? i like to get at least a little feedback on the stuff before i drop the money on it.

Don't listen to a SALESman...and don't even bother reading what the company has to say about it, they will always claim their product is the best.

I find that looking through various bodybuilding forums tends to yield the best and most importantly, HONEST, answers about supplements.

I found this quote on BBB, I thought it was really good(notice he says weight gainers, not protein mix's):

"Pre-made weight gainers are absolute garbage. Horrible serving-to-price ratio, loaded with crappy sugars to fill calories, clumpy as hell and difficult to mix, and often give you bloating/gastro-intestinal complications since the people who look into taking them are the same ones that lack the willpower/ability to eat large portions instead.

Just buy Myofusion protein powder blend (or your choice of any other protein blend), and mix it with whole milk. Done. Mass Gainer. If you don't mind blending food then just blend milk, 1 scoop protein powder, 1-2 yogurts, banana. Do it almost every day and you'll gain 15lb's in a month if you are dedicated enough (on top of your normal diet ofcourse).

Cliffs: Weight gainers suck and are for noobs; Make your own with milk. "

--------------------
December 1960:

Edited by Zardos (04/04/11 10:16 PM)

OfflineRumblefishtwist
Cyber Bully
Male User Gallery

Loc: Universe
    #14238936 - 04/04/11 09:59 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Honestly, buying protein isn't a scam or waste, to build muscle on a real level you NEED to consume at least 1g protein per body weight(this is by bodybuilding diet standards, which differs greatly from the average couch potato).  Sure, consuming enough protein is somewhat easy if you weigh 130-160lb and work out on a novice-moderate level but at  200lb+ training with intensity for 4-5 days a week that is a lot of whole food to eat day to day to repair and build muscle.  Carbs are much more easily obtained through whole foods , I mean brown rice and sweet potatos are nothing to eat compared to 3 lb. top sirloins a day.

Muscle Milk is alright, but the new reports saying it contains arsenic and whatnot kind of scares me. 

I previously found out a brand many used in the past called American Whey (it was the best tasting, and very cheap) was throwing in some sort of known cancer causing ingredient so they got put out of business.  Stay away from that shit if you still have some left  Not all brands put heavy metals in protein, I would trust Optimum Nutrition's protein, as they are a legit company who make all around great products.

If you any of you skinny guys want advice you can PM me for diet/training advice, Im always up to help people in need of fitness/diet/bodybuilding questions.

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Muscle Milk.. [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #14239128 - 04/04/11 10:32 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Rabidbaboon said:
Wow, why has the FDA not done these tests?

A few reasons.  First, it wouldn't be reasonable to expect one gov't bureaucracy to catch every issue with every new food product.  Of course, this is one reason why the FDA is a joke. 

Secondly, it's a federal bureaucracy so there should be no high expectations concerning its capabilities.

Further, the FDA is often paid off or infiltrated by special interests to grease the wheels.  Case in point: Monsanto.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds